• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What are characters you wish you could make profiles for? (Part 3)

Yeah, in order to get some of these lesser RPGs on here, people need to play them, record the best feats inside, and be dedicated enough to put in the work of calcing those feats or getting someone else to, and then writing up the profiles. And very likely, you would be working on this yourself, as no one likely has even heard of the game in question.

This is what happened when I added Owlboy, and I'm sure it's quatifiably harder with an actual RPG with a bunch of different enemies, items, bosses, etc.

Playing Pillars, Titan Quest and Operencia rn. Pillars has tier 2s and Operencia has tier 4s at least (The literal name of the game is Operencia: The Stolen Sun and unexpectedly, someone has stolen the sun and the heroes need to find it). Played Grimrock a while back and it doesn't seem to be anything special AP-wise.

How do I figure out if people can dodge that one lightspeed attack from my obscure RPG if no one bothers to clarify it on the internet?

Not sure if this is an obscure RPG issue but, say a character learns a certain attack at a certain level, this attack has a known AP/speed behind it. How do you figure out what characters scale to the attack if what level you fight them in varies from player to player?

TacticalNuke002 said:
A lot of RPG verses are criminally under-represented here, with titles like Pillars of Eternity, Grimdawn, Titan Quest, Ultima, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Legend of Grimrock, Bard's Tale, Operencia etc. having no profiles.
Manofculture
Yeah, those are some really good games.

Andytrenom said:
Not sure if this is an obscure RPG issue but, say a character learns a certain attack at a certain level, this attack has a known AP/speed behind it. How do you figure out what characters scale to the attack if what level you fight them in varies from player to player?
This is one of the issues I have with Shadow Fight. There's a character the descendant fights after gaining 5-B, possibly Low 2-C stats who isn't remarkable in any way, has no lore other than being a trickster bandit but is a latest chapter boss fight. I don't want to give her 5-B, but if I don't, Idk what rating to give her at all. Possible lower existing APs are High 8-C and 6-C, but I can't give her those as it would be guesswork.

I mean if it's that much of an irrelevant character, you can not give them a rating. Or just go with "Unknown, possibly X" or something.

The character is irrelevant enough for me to not want to make a profile at all. Most boring boss in the entire game.

Btw, Miriam and other characters from Bloodstained: Ritual of the night and the protagonist of My Friend Pedro can also be made by someone. Matthew has his eyes on Bloodstained afaik.

Screenshot 2019-06-28 at 8.38.08 AM
Spent a large amount of time trying to find that part where Chris and Martin say "Great minds think alike", and ended up typing on an askreddit page while simultaneously searching up the flavor and commercial availabilty of whale milk, so I'll just say I agree
Completely agree with having the Kratts

We need somone to make them a profile

Screenshot 2019-06-28 at 8.38.08 AM
Spent a large amount of time trying to find that part where Chris and Martin say "Great minds think alike", and ended up typing on an askreddit page while simultaneously searching up the flavor and commercial availabilty of whale milk, so I'll just say I agree
Completely agree with having the Kratts

We need somone to make them a profile

Yee

Also a profile for the anime version and his son, I guess. But movie Speed Racer makes those two look like chumps in terms of skill.

Why was it removed? I even mentioned that it was, in fact, something that wasn't actually referring to the person, hence "don't fall for it"

literally anything from The Secret World, it has so much lore but literally no one has acknowledged its existence.

Back