• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are now a part of the official Fandom app

Zark2099 said:
Actually, unsure if it would matter, but this might make the wiki discussions extremely active, since "VS" and "Battle" are very popular keywords for play store and app store last time I checked.

Thank God it doesn't allow users to edit
Believe me, we have an army of staff to handle with such amount of discussions. 17 discussion moderators are here. And I don't count 16 administrators!

Dargoo Faust said:
After this goes live,
Us discussion mods should patrol, well, discussions, far more often methinks.
I second this, this is definetly a great achievement for us, but it does mean we are likely gonna get more attention.

And, you know, if you ever need some extra help with that... *hint hint* ovo

Yay us! Spidey, Mario and Goku are probably the best for this since their the most (Or at least some of the most) popular characters from the three most popular types of fiction for vs dabates. It also avoids having Goku and Superman in the image, since that matchup is banned here so having them both in the same image would be, awkward to say the least.

Fandom doesn't usually accept user submissions for Fandom app topic icons since those images have to fullfil a number of criteria, and not just have the right dimensions and resolution. They need to fit the app's overall design system, be compatible with specific background colors, etc. The characters depicted should be more or less humanoid, look at the viewer, or hold an action-packed and engaging pose. Fandom's design team tries their best to create topic icons that will make app users want to tap on them and find out more. Quite a bit of thought goes into these.

In this case, they probably put two empowered female characters in there on purpose (the woman on the right is the Thirteenth Dr Who). All our topic icons are meant to represent positive, diverse fan culture.

This isn't to say that we wouldn't love to use a topic icon in the app that the community loves and can identify with! It would just have to tick a number of boxes that aren't obvious and that you may not have been aware of. So if you want to try your hand at making a replacement icon for the app, I'm happy to pass it on and have it reviewed! Just make sure to take all this into consideration and be aware that Fandom may still reject your replacement suggestion, if we feel it doesn't fulfill all the criteria.

If you're looking for empowered female characters then Wonder Woman clearly fits the criteria, plus I believe she's a better choice than what is being used

I think Sailor Moon can stay

Yobo Blue said:
Perhaps we should start mentioning that the forum is much preferred to discussions
Discussions are far more accessible though. Most of the time, any traffic is good traffic.

Yobo Blue said:
Discussions are generally harder to manage
No, they aren't.

To be blunt we just don't manage them as much because everything relevent to the content on the site is on the Forum.

As for the image, I think that it should reflect what our audience is most interested in, but I don't make the decisions.

Wonder Woman could work instead of Spider-Man of course.

It should be the biggest Comic or Animanga characters imo

Maybe Spiderman/Superman or Goku?

The Foolish Omniscient Guy said:
From my viewpoint, Goku and Superman are too cliche
They're the most recognizable characters of the genre, being "too cliché" is irrelevant. We're not trying to be edgy or hipster.

Regardless, in terms of diversity however, I'm game

If we're looking for empowering female characters that the site itself identifies with, I'd choose a female character from Comics, and a female character from Anime, which tend to be the two most frequented forms of media on the site in terms of VS Debates.

As such there's the already mentioned Wonder Woman, but also Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), and Supergirl as relevant Comic entries.

Alita (Battle Angel Alita), Ryougi Shiki, Sailor Moon, Medaka, Puella Magi Characters, Touho Characters, Akame, Lucy (Elfen Lied) and a number of others could fill the shoes in for Anime/Manga.

Totes-not-bias, but on a technical level, Kamala has a more eye catching design and is more likely to not get us confused with a typical wiki.

Her relevance is questionable, but I suppose going total pandering via popular characters is counter-productive to marketing our site as well.

Wait shoot

I completely forgot about Miles Morales. If we're shooting for diversity and relevence he'd be my pick for comics.

Comics Miles, DCEU Wonder Woman, and Alita would be my picks @Mira. I can try and put something together or suggest images if you guys want to make the logo, but I undertstand if there is no desire to change it on your end.

Back