• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

We are now a part of the official Fandom app

Well, 2 females and 1 male team is a bit strange for our community to be presented like that. You know, you can't put something because "WE LIKE THIS!!1!11!" and a female is not required to be present on the logotype unless she's a really famous character that put her way to the history of the world culture. We choose the most recognizable characters that have shown their combat capabilities in a cool way, that's all.

To say...

The site's roots are going back to Dragon Ball, especially being inspired by its power level system. That's how Goku was chosen.

Not sure about this one, but I've heard that Spider-Man is one of the most recognized superheroes. A superhero must be present in our mobile logotype! Don't ask me why. That's how Spider-Man was chosen.

Mario and Sonic are some of the eternal rivals in the video game industry and countless long-lasting topics appear on who would win between them. And video games are a significant part of the world, they are a solid piece of media. But Mario is more recognizable after all... That's how Mario was chosen.

As much as I like Shiki and Medaka if you had to pick a female anime character I'm pretty sure Artoria is one of the most recognizable out there considering the sheer amount of fgo players and the fact that Artoria is in a good chunk of the the fate animes

I'm suggesting characters I'd see FANDOM choosing, not characters I think are the most representative of the site and its history.

If they're alright with Spidey, Mario, and Goku that's fine; I'm just putting forward something I'd see them realistically implement.

Let's please not have a discussion on 'forced' diversity though. It's a subject that is far too volitile and far too off-topic.

Paul Frank said:
As much as I like Shiki and Medaka if you had to pick a female anime character I'm pretty sure Artoria is one of the most recognizable out there considering the sheer amount of fgo players and the fact that Artoria is in a good chunk of the the fate animes
Wrong

Paul Frank said:
Shiki's in FGO though, and is one of the best Assassins there at that

I also think that we should pick characters that are both extremely popular and recogniseable, and preferably relevant in a power-scaling respect, not obscure characters for the sole sake of quotas.

It is like if I wanted to push David Haller (FX), or some similar character, just because we both happen to be autistic. What is relevant here is to expand our audience with recogniseable icons that highlight what this community is about.

@Ant

I don't disagree. And submit the image Skalt made as a suggestion, I think it's great.

My post was based on the criteria I saw presented from the FANDOM staff that was presented here, though.

Dargoo Faust said:
Shiki's in FGO though, and is one of the best Assassins there at that
True and saber shiki the best waifu but lets be honest not that many people got through the knk event compared to the amount of total fgo players and fate fans

Skalt711 said:
Okay, someone tell me what resolution is acceptable for FANDOM app images and I'm on game!!
The image needs to be .png, 1600x1024 pixels, with a transparent background. There should be at least one female character, and it should be immediately apparent that this fandom covers a whole range of franchises - so it actually helps if the characters have quite distinct styles. This will help app users recognize that this fandom stands out from most others and isn't just about one show or comic.

The current background color used for this community is #0b6bae, so the characters should work well with it.

I second Wonder Woman, but on the basis that we have the comic one.

>fate

>not iconic

>fgo gets 10k installs a day and makes between 1.3 and 2 million usd daily

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Can someone fill me in on what's happening?
We're trying to build a picture that would fit the best for FANDOM app's mobile logotype. Mira Laime posted the requirements to the picture.

Paul Frank said:
>fate
>not iconic

>fgo gets 10k installs a day and makes between 1.3 and 2 million usd daily
By that logic we should be using Candy Crush as our mascot.

Sound good @Antvasima, but I have a question, can it be only three characters and not four? It would be better if it could be one character from DC (WonderWoman) as you said above, Mario (one of the most know games), Son Goku (90% of anime fans sure know him) and one character from Marvel so Marvel fans wouldn't think this is a biased one.

@crab

candy crush is iconic though tbh

I moreso meant that with an anime based gacha game you won't be seeing this numbers without alot of fans and even still the sheer number of players of the game means at least that many people recognize Fate characters

Honestly, at this point the issue has been somewhat resolved already with who's going on the logo, so I don't think further discussion for characters are needed

Well not exactly, some people are pushing for their to be more than 3 characters on the logo. So we should probably figure that out first.

I hate single person here now, but not as much as I hate myself for saying that.

Wonder Woman represents western superheroes and live action characters, Mario represents game characters, Goku represents animation and eastern manga characters. Those are our main focuses of interest here and showcase real life, CGI and drawings.

Throwing in a 4th western cartoon character into the mixture might be an idea, but not necessary, and since the original image used 3 characters, I thought that it would take too much room.

Back