• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, since the Space-Gem Boy is about to join the Straw Hat Priates, and SGB has already beat Water-God Child, why not make WGC fight CSP? I don't think WGC will be joining though, even though he's the most obvious choice ever!!! He even possesses inherant knowledge on ship piloting.

Fight takes place on some beach in the OP verse, Curse of Achellies Percy is standing in ankle deep water, and this is Luffy in his 4th Gear form (6-C). And of course Speed not Equalized. Huh, that new for me. Let's see how this works out. Well, that was fun while it lasted. Back to the old standby I guess.

Percy Jackso

Monkey D. Luffy

Having looked at his page again, Apparently not.

I was under the impression that water rendered him unable to use devil fruit powers, which is true, but only as a result of him not being able to move and stretch rather than outright negating his powers

Uh... No.

He can still stretch, as shown both against the kraken and in arlong saga.

He just gets his stamina taken away by it.

His power does not get nulled, but the stamina drain sea water has on Luffy is significant, but he does recover quickly, almost instantly, after he touches the water. So for seawater to be effective on Luffy he has to be constantly affected by seawater.

And being partially submerged doesn't leave him unmobile. First Elephant Gun and Red Hawk happened underwater (just arm tho).

Hard to say, Percy has durability advantage with Curse of Achilles and an elemental advantage of seawater and fights with a sword so Luffy's rubber natue would not help him but Haki would help him block and dodge with precog, do we allow the level of precog he used against Katakuri?

Doubtful Luffy would figure out he needs to hit Percy in a certain spot, though he could figure it out mid-fight if he tries to hit Percy in multiple directions and Percy constantly tries to avoid his back, though this is speculation.

With the current revisions Luffy is 6-C with G4 and that'd give the advanced Kenbun and the speed enhancement with Snakeman.

Luffy is a level higher in speed and combine that with Precog that can see through several seconds into the future would most likely ensure Luffy being unable to be hit.

Ocean hating DF users is in-verse theory.

DF users lost body control underwater but doesn't get power nulled. Even Jack can breath underwater (he's a gyojin and DF at the same time).

And DF users only get weakened being submerged. Luffy has used water before and doesn't got weakened (Mizu Luffy).

As the location is stated, this is a beach Luffy is in Land and Percy is in the shallow part of the water. I don't know if Mizu Luffy applies, is the water he used even seawater? But as I see due to Luffy's speed and precog Percy would have a hard time hitting him even with an AOE attack, because Luffy would know what attack he would use and how it would happen before he even uses it, and Luffy would not be dumb enough to get himself submerged in sea water. But Luffy hitting Percy would be another thing, with the Curse of Achilles and sea advantage would make it difficult, especially if Percy decides to go to the deeper part of the water.

AFAIK Luffy's weak to any kind of water (like Skypiea's clouds) and not just salt water.

It's hard to say how the fight would go, from the way I see it due to the abilities each possess it mostly depends on wether or not the other one can drag the other to their territory and bring the advantage to them. Percy can't hit Luffy due to speed and precog, and Luffy can't hurt Percy due to the Curse of Achilles and water advantage.

due to the abilities each possess it mostly depends on wether or not the other one can drag the other to their territory and bring the advantage to them.

This. And with similar strengths, the edge would likely be speed. Luffy has superior speed, and should therefore win the territorial tug-of-war. Arguably, Percy could arguably defend himself with the water itself, but this seems unlikely against a more agile opponent who has precog.

Trouble is, it then becomes a toss-up: can Luffy find the Back weakness before Percy takes the fight back to the water? I would assume so, given higher speed = higher search time, as well as better game on-land to avoid being dragged back in.

The sword is still a threat, Percy is no joke, but I give it to Luffy 7/10 times, more so once it leaves the water.

Would the sword hurt luffy? It does notwork against humans last I checked, and even against mages it doesn't ignore dura that much.

Plus, doesn't achilles curse burn away all of his stamina, leving him unable to fight, which is the point of it being a curse?

Don't forget Luffy tends to disarm his opponents (Krieg's spear, Arlong's Kiribachi, Kuro's claws, Croco's hook) and if his lifting strength is higher than Percy's then it's likely he could.

So I guess this actually a working thing? Cool. Percy can't actually lose Riptide. It always returns to his pocket in pen form after a few seconds. As for the curse draining stamina, being in water should regen his stamina plus even with the curse he's fought for an extended amount of time.

Pretty sure that the curse can't just be ignored with water like that, if not they should have jusat thrown water on him each time.

If his pants get damaged he will become unable to get riptide back

>Pretty sure that the curse can't just be ignored with water like that, if not they should have jusat thrown water on him each time.

It's been a while since I read the books so I may not be remembering it that well.

>If his pants get damaged he will become unable to get riptide back

Considering Riptide is signifigantly older then moden pants, I'm pretty sure that's not an actual problem. The point is it always returns to Percy if he loses it.

The problem with Percy being in water is his stamina and health is slowly restored, Luffy could figure this out mid fight and during the same time Percy would figure out Luffy's weakness to water due to him avoding it, it could then turn into a battle to bring each other out to their side. Luffy has an advantage in this due to his superior speed and can possibly launch Percy out of the water on land, Percy could summon the mini storm but would do little against Luffy's large scale attack like Elephant gun/Gatling gun or Gear 4 considering his storm does not have much stopping power or at least enough power to stop the attack and if he gets hit he would lose the storm he is in. So most likely Luffy win this more times than Percy

And also it's true that if Percy does not have pockets then Riptide will not return. It actually became a problem for Percy in one of his fights, but Percy losing his pockets in this fight is questionable as to wether or not Luffy even discovers that Riptide would need a pocket in order for it to rerurn.

Yes. I just asked about it with a friend and he told me that Percy needs a pocket in order to have Riptide back. But as Mx said is unlikely in this fight. Even if Luffy discovers it he doesn't rip clothes with his attacks (unless Red Hawk burns Percy's pants).

It is unlikely, but if luffy disarms he migjt notive due to observation haki.

Going with luffy due to speed amp, better h2h (the ares fight didn't sound that impressive) and the ability to predict percy pretty well

What's stopping Percy from bringing the ocean to the beach (basically, a large volume of water that submerges both and doesn't flow back). Percy can breathe and retain full mobility underwater, can summon his Hippocampus for a speed boost of his own(hippocampi are much faster than demigods) and being in contact with water heals him(the greater the contact with water, the greater the healing. Being completely submerged would be constantly healing him at a rapid rate for the whole fight.) The hippocampus is also elementally intangible and can perform some attacks of its own.

Percy should take this with medium difficulty. Precog won't help Luffy if he has difficulty moving.

luffy could pseudo flight above it, speed amp himself and his attacks so to take him out of the water and not allow him back, or just predict he wants to do that and say "lel no you don't" and just overthrow him with attacks.

Also, isn't his dad the one who summons the horrses?

Percy can stay submerged in the water and pull Luffy in with water tendrils. And Percy can summon Rainbow from any large water source, his dad doesn't necessarily help him like that all the time.

Besides, Rainbow personally hangs around Percy whenever possible. And I don't think Luffy should touch Percy while he's submerged.

Again, luffy can just overwhelm him before he does that, but luffy can just attack percy underwater too.

When has he called them on his own though? Not remembering.

He can call for them when he's near a water source by telepathically communicating with all water creatures near him. Its been a while since I've read the novels but let me take a look.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Besides, Rainbow personally hangs around Percy whenever possible. And I don't think Luffy should touch Percy while he's submerged.
Luffy's crew is always with him. It doesn't matter.

You don't think, but that doesn't really matter.especialy with haki.

Also, since when does percy start with that?

Back