• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wang Lin's Soul Transformation Key

I'm making this "CRT" to change Wang Lin's Soul Transformation key's name to Spirit Severing.

Wang Lin does not have a Soul Formation key on his profile but he does have a Soul Transformation key which obviously has his Soul Formation stuff in it. Basically, having the key be named Soul Transformation is pointless if he has no Soul Formation key and so it would be better to change the key's name to Spirit Severing since it's the umbrella term for Soul Formation and Soul Transformation cultivators. If it's a matter of Renegade Immortal using the term "Spirit Severing" to refer to Soul Transformation and Soul Formation then that should be no problem seeing as it's a name used interchangebly for Soul Formation and Transformation stages in Renegade Immortal.

"No cultivation method can help one break through from the Nascent Soul stage to the Spirit Severing stage. Even pills are useless unless one can find rank 6 or higher pills.

In order to reach the Spirit Severing stage, one must study the heavens and gain their own Dao. That is the only way.

Wang Lin didn't join any sect once he entered the rank 4 country because he knew about this. Afterall, joining a sect won't help him much with reaching the Spirit Severing stage anyway.

If he wanted to join a sect and become its core member, it would take too much time. Time he didn't want to waste.

From his 400 years of experience in cultivating and his experience with other Spirit Severing cultivators, he understood that an understanding of the heavens was very important for reaching the Spirit Severing stage.

Wang Lin had walked the path of blood for a long time and all that killing had nothing to do with understanding the heavens. He had a feeling that if he were to continue down this path, he would never be able to reach the Spirit Severing stage."

Although this isn't a big change, it does prevent some confusion when it comes to navigating Wang Lin's profile.

It's no confusion as I told you that Soul Formation and Soul Transformation it's the predomoninant term used and also the first to be stated in the novel. Not only it's supported by the statements from PotT (Pursuit of the Truth) but also by the Shamans and the Immortals that appears in the novel. It's also more relevant.

I've made only one key for both as they falls in the same category where ones comprehands his Domain and transform it to materialize. I see no sense to split the key when there no major difference.

It doesn't matter if Soul Formation or Soul Transformation is used more as a term, the way the profile is right now the key should be called Spirit Severing since there is no Soul Formation key. It might not seem confusing to you but that's probably because you've read a good chuck of the novels already but for someone like me who is relatively new it's confusing and the key being named Soul Transformation makes it seem like you skipped the Soul Formation key.

"I've made only one key for both as they falls in the same category where ones comprehands his Domain and transform it to materialize."

Spirit Severing would be the more appropriate name would it not?

I don't see why Soul Formation and Soul Transformation being used more as a term means anything here.

It's not a must to name a key in way, that's at the right of those who makes the profile or edit it. It can even be named after an arc or an event or something relevant. Soul Transformation Wang Lin it's = of Spirit Severing Meng Hao = of Deva Bai Xiaochun.

I've made them like that so they can share and be equal in Step 1 as having only 6 Keys.

For Su Ming from Pursiot of the Truth it's even more confusing as it has only 4 keys for Step 1:

Blood Solidification = Qi Condesation.

Awakening = Foundation Establishment.

Bone Sacrifice = Core Formation.

Berserker Soul = Nascent, Soul Formation (Spirit Severing 1/Deva), Soul Transformation (Spirit Severing 2/Deva) and Ascendent/Dao Seeking/Demigod.

See what I mean? That one would be even more confusing as one realm equal all others.

I want to make a 6 key for all Step 1 which I will do.

The ongoing Three Inch World aka A World Worth Protecting also has other name but more in tone with ISSTH and AWI.

Ancient Martial Artist = Pre Qi Cultivator (A new concept added with this novel)

True Breath = Qi Condesation/Blood Solidification

Foundation Establishment = Awakening

Core Formation = Bone Sacrifice

Nascent Soul = Berserker Soul Early

Spirit Conduit = Soul Formation + Soul Transformation/Berserker Soul Early + Mid/Spirit Severing 1 and 2/Deva

Spirit Immortal = Ascendant/Berserker Soul Later + Great Completion (Great Circle)/Demigod

As you can see 6 keys for each with the exception of Wang Baole from the Ergen's newest novel as they have the new introduced concept of Pre-Qi Cultivation Key.

I get that you're trying to keep 6 keys per profile but changing Wang Lin's Soul Transformation key to Spirit Severing doesn't affect that and it makes more sense and flows with the current blogs. Their will still be only 6 keys. Plus it's correct within Renegade Immortal.

We want to mantain that difference of names that it's specific to each Novel

Renegade Immortal - Soul Trasformation as its a completion of the comphrehasion of the Domain.

Pursuit of the Truth - still in work (not even on the wiki yet)

I Shall Seal The Heavens - Spirit Severing (the single term used)

A Will Eternal - Deva

Three Inch World / A World Worth Protecting - Spirit Conduit (hadn't even reach this level in the translated version, just in Raws).

The blogs have the notation of each key having all names for the novels that are on wiki now (RI, ISSTH and AWI).

Ok, I get what you're saying now but why not call it "Soul Formation+Soul Transformation" just as the cultivation realm blog calls it?

Because the blog was made after I made the profile and because I used the entire arc of Soul Formation with Soul Transformation for the Key. He was at the peak when he was ST not SF, so that name would take it. Plus it would look bad that way, to make such a long name for a Key.

It wouldn't look bad at all or it could be Soul Formation/Soul Transformation. I guess it doesn't matter though but if this confuses someone else in the future then it probably should be worked on.

I am making a profile for his avatar and ancient god selves since they are way too distinct to just lump both in one profile, and that will get soul formation and transformation keys.

I also got two calcs that would put transformations at Low 5-B, so tier would be different, too.

No. This is a Renegade Immortal profile first and foremost. No Spirit Severing in an Renegade Immortal profile. The Spirit Severing there in your quotes is a typo from Rex before he decided on the name : Soul Formation.

Spirit Severing characters never appeared once in Renegade Immortal.

This is a categorical no.

It wasn't the only typo before Rex settled on Soul Formation. There was Spirit Severing, Spirit Forming, Soul Forming, etc.

And here, """Spirit Severing"""" is not the ISSTH Spirit Severing. It is, as I said, a typo for Soul Formation, which is equivalent to the 1st level of ISSTH Spirit Severing.

So what you're doing is basically renaming Soul Transformation to the wrong translation of Soul Formation.

Yea. Sorry but I disagree.

Besides, ric is making a profile for his avatar and original body I believe. So maybe there will be a Soul Formation key.

Also, as a side note, Soul Formation+Soul Transformation+Quasi-Ascendant = Spirit Severing. So by skipping to Soul Transformation, it's basically making the Ri equivalent of the issth "Spirit Severing".

InfiniteSped said:
Does he lose any abilities when going from Soul Formation to Soul Transformation?
His domain is supposed to become tangible, and he looses the fake 1 billion soul flag.

Back