• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Walter White tries to fight a dinosaur again (12-12-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I equalized speed because Walt is notorious for being unable to react to people with comparable speed to him so having someone much faster and stronger than him didn’t seem fair.

Also did anyone vote? There’s a wall of text and I can’t tell if anyone did or not
I don't really see the point in this match then. I wanted to see Walter fight a dinosaur, not one that has to be nerfed so the fight is "fair".

I don't really see the point in this match then. I wanted to see Walter fight a dinosaur, not one that has to be nerfed so the fight is "fair".
In a previous match, the general consensus agreed that Walter would lose to a bloodlusted husky in a physical fight even with speed equalised.

It happens in every vs match
It shouldn't. I've seen it happen with matches that have characters from the same verse with the same speed lol.

Besides in this case, we have Average Human vs Peak Human speed which isn't a big gap and still very doable in a versus.
In a previous match, the general consensus agreed that Walter would lose to a bloodlusted husky in a physical fight even with speed equalised.
Simply an issue of skill, then.

He's not even nerfed? If anything he's buffed the only thing thats nerfed here is the dinosaurs speed and wasn’t really a huge wincon for it

He's not even nerfed? If anything he's buffed the only thing thats nerfed here is the dinosaurs speed and wasn’t really a huge wincon for it
The dinosaur isn't buffed, it's speed is nerfed, which I recall you saying was a big enough wincon that the fight wouldn't be fair otherwise:
I equalized speed because Walt is notorious for being unable to react to people with comparable speed to him so having someone much faster and stronger than him didn’t seem fair.

This is just not true, for the record. Put any modern predator in a fight against something, even something smaller, and nine out of ten times it's going to be wary, especially if it's not familiar. This does depend on their intelligence granted, so a Herrerasaurus (probably pretty stupid) might just jump Walt immediately but I wouldn't consider that a guarantee.
It seems that the main factor is behavior/personality.

If the dinosaur tries to be cautious he can take a lot of shots, and fear may or may not affect Walter much on the shooting part. And it's not like the lab is huge to have a large margin of error.

And because of the speed, Walter can use the lab to protect himself.

For example.
Superlab1.jpg

Walter could go through this place and use it as a kind of protection, right? I think it would be complicated to move the dinosaur, considering the size of the creature in proportion to the amount of space in the laboratory.

It seems that the main factor is behavior/personality.

If the dinosaur tries to be cautious he can take a lot of shots, and fear may or may not affect Walter much on the shooting part. And it's not like the lab is huge to have a large margin of error.

And because of the speed, Walter can use the lab to protect himself.

For example.
Superlab1.jpg

Walter could go through this place and use it as a kind of protection, right? I think it would be complicated to move the dinosaur, considering the size of the creature in proportion to the amount of space in the laboratory.
Walt's smart so yeah he could go into areas like that which are to small for the dino to fit through or get stuck in so he can get a clean shot off. Or he could go up the stairs and try and shoot the dino from the high ground.

Plus if Walt lands a shot on the dino, best case is he hits a vital part of its body and it dies, Worst case he hits a less vital part of the dinos body and it gets pretty injured and slowed down as a result.

The Dinosaur could sneak up on Walt but his prior knowledge and paranoia paired with his knowledge of the location their fighting in makes me think Walter would more often then not use his environment to his advantage and land a couple shots off before the dino could get close enough to maul him.

It seems like there's a fair few people who think the dino would win whose votes weren't counted.
A dinosaur is not being hurt badly by anything Walt has, Walt both isn't a great shot and isn't a great combatant, he will get torn to shreds.

I'm closing this for being a stomp in favor of the dinosaur. Be logical.
Far as I see it, it leads into Walter panicking because a 3 meter tall dinosaur is rapidly approaching him, is close, he has cancer, and his gun isn't the strongest.
Why are you saying this after explaining why he's not likely to actually put down the creature with his gun, which would cause a melee that he'd absolutely lose given that the dinosaur has actual melee implements and isn't dying of cancer

It is right and another reason why this just should not be a thread
Large animals are hunted with large rounds because you want to be really sure to kill whatever you're shooting instantly with one shot, that doesn't mean it's impossible or unlikely to kill them with a smaller firearm. There's plenty of records of large bears and other animals being killed with pistols in self-defense and that's a bigger animal (Lower end of LS implies this is on the smaller end of Herrerasauri, which would be 130-ish kg, equal to a small-ish black bear) with a heavier build. The Herrerasaurus in particular has a pretty big vulnerable area in its massive neck, you don't need to be a sniper to get a decent shot in. Add to that that the dinosaur isn't gonna hunt him down like a terminator if it gets shot at. While we can't know for sure, my guess is that it's probably gonna get spooked and run, most predators tend to be very careful of injuries, and the myth of animals having superhuman pain tolerance is generally a big exaggeration in general. I don't necessarily think Walt wins, but it's more than debatable.

I agree that it would take a lot of extremely favorable micro-outcomes for Walt to come out on top here- not impossible, or even too implausible, but very unlikely for my tastes, and I would vote in favor of the dino.

I agree that it would take a lot of extremely favorable micro-outcomes for Walt to come out on top here- not impossible, or even too implausible, but very unlikely for my tastes, and I would vote in favor of the dino.
Counted

I feel like the Dinosaur bum rushing Walt immediately and not recoiling at all from being shot is a bigger stretch than Walt simply being able to scare the thing and use that to his advantage to take the high ground

This thing has animalistic intelligence so it instantly locating and maneuvering to Walt in an unfamiliar environment which it's never seen before seems a stretch

I see Walt outsmarting the thing more then I see the Dinosaur knowing exactly what to do in an unfamiliar environment

I feel like the Dinosaur bum rushing Walt immediately and not recoiling at all from being shot is a bigger stretch than Walt simply being able to scare the thing and use that to his advantage to take the high ground

This thing has animalistic intelligence so it instantly locating and maneuvering to Walt in an unfamiliar environment which it's never seen before seems a stretch

I see Walt outsmarting the thing more then I see the Dinosaur knowing exactly what to do in an unfamiliar environment
It doesn't need to be hyper intelligent to find Walt, nor does Walt necessarily have super applicable knowledge on dinosaur behavior. "Unfamiliar environment" also doesn't strike me as a strong argument when the thing is already agreed to be not smart.

It doesn't need to be hyper intelligent to find Walt, nor does Walt necessarily have super applicable knowledge on dinosaur behavior. "Unfamiliar environment" also doesn't strike me as a strong argument when the thing is already agreed to be not smart.
Walt is a science teacher and has knowledge on a variety of subjects, feel like he'd have a basic grasp on at the very least basic animal behavior, hell he'd probably know a bit about Dinosaurs considering how talked about they are.

And being at a weird metallic underground cave would absolutely throw the Dinosaur off, its not smart but its still an animal, an animal in an unfamiliar location is gonna be cautious.

It's animalistic which should put it around modern day carnivores unless this one is notably dumb

New environment absolutely matter even at animalistic levels of intelligence and I can show you 100+ videos of predators of all types freaking the **** out when put in a new environment they've never experienced

At the very least we could say it would disorient it

Also unless the OP clarifies the Dino doesn't even know Walt is in the lab with him which is yet another advantage Walt would have

Saying it would easily find him doesn't mean it would instantly go for the kill, and I'm sure Walt would spot him first if it ever came down to that.

We have very little evidence that it would tank Walts bullets unscathed and just bum rush him based on what we see with modern day predators interactions with bullet wounds, which I firmly believe would give Walt the chance to take the high ground or at least get to a safer distance where he can fire off more bullets

From there it would just be downhill for the poor Dino

I'm still firm in my stance Walt takes this

Point blank.

Also Grizzly Bears are able to shrug off shotgun shells, the effectiveness of a gun depends on the proximity.

Walt isn't shooting the thing point blank, and he certainly isn't precise enough to shoot him in a way that'd disable him

Walt gets killed 60/40 imo
Even untrained shooters can hit targets with relative accuracy from 10+ meters away, Walter is not a beginner

He's definetly getting a shot of or two and from there it'd be downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back