• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Walter White vs Harold Finch

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: BREAKING INTEREST

Honestly Walter has fought so many random animals it's getting absurd. I'm pretty sure it's due to his cancer or lack of combat experience but yeah, any fight where's he's alone without prep time usually requires the opponent to have a handicap of their own. In which case, here you go
● ------------------------------------- ●
Sun shone brightly in the Albuquerque desert, free of gunfights, trauma, and important character deaths... for now. On that day, Walter chose to spend a day to take a break from work there. His career in the trapped realm had been going pretty well, mostly untouched by the many incidents going about with a few scant incidents as well as a strange amount of aggressions directed towards him by wild animals. Combined with immortality and connections with superhumans and his empire has become practically unstoppable, at least in his home universe.

It did cost him his ability to go home too often and those special days were greatly cherished.

"And there you go, can you hear me?" Walter asked, his laptop showing the lab back in the trapped realm.
"Yep, connections are way better now," Jesse replied.

There were admittedly a few benefits of the new rule though they were rapidly being outweighed by downsides. Travel restrictions, routine censuses, higher surveillance, product checking, and Walter could only imagine how worse it'd be in the future. Admittedly, it made sense, a "noble" yet paranoid general would certainly have less than kind views for crime. It'd be great to figure out to find a way to get rid of him though for now, it's better to get into his good graces.

"Alright, keep it on. I'd like to make sure nothing goes wrong," Walter said before laying down on his unfolded chair.
"Sure thing Mr. Whi- Whoa, is that a missile?!" Jesse exclaimed.

"Wait wha-" his sentence was quickly cut off by a gigantic explosion obliterating everything around him, including the laptop which cut off the feed. Walter stepped back into the lab, having been revived from the incident. Naturally he was quite shaken, then exasperated, and then annoyed.

"Why did this happen?" Walter asked.
"I don't know, we've done everything right so far," Mike replied.

"Well, I'll add this to our list of things to watch out for," the drug lord said, writing it down on a much shorter list.
"Say, that Ironwood guy made an investigation team of some sort, right?" Jesse pointed out, adding something else to watch out for.

It was an option of course and should Ironwood realize this problem, he may offer "help" without consent. It was a way to show power and realizing this, Walter put top priority to this problem, readying-

"The Machine" Carrie said, earning everyone's attention.

In a now more positive environment... well, more positive than her abusive household and school environment... Carrie was able to hone her abilities in a more productive manner. Among the things she's improved on was her clairvoyance which helped greatly in this case, allowing her to gain a name just from watching an incident.

"Alright Carrie, come with me," Walter invited. The two eventually reached the crater, finding it to be greater than expected. It matched the recording, a cruise missile of some sort though the lack of escalation was the most puzzling. Carrie kneeled down on the charred ground, touching one of the shrapnel in the crater.

"The Machine it's... it's an AI. An AI made to predict crime..." she said.
"And who's running it?" Walter asked.

"His name is... his name... his names... so many..." Carrie trailed on, unable to latch onto a definitive answer.
"Give me something consistent," the drug lord asked.

"XXX-XX-5492, Social Security"

1920px-View_of_Empire_State_Building_from_Rockefeller_Center_New_York_City_dllu_%28cropped%29.jpg

• Starting range: 50 meters with no line of sight
  • Walter had his Smith & Wesson Model 442
  • Win via anything!!
  • "Harold" : 0
  • "Heisenberg" : 0
  • Incon : 0

qWgL8su4_400x400.jpg

VS
latest

Last edited:
The best feats of God Mode in POI are performed by highly skilled human agents whom the Machine employs. Harold lacks the skills and physical attributes to replicate those feats but it can still tell him where Walt is and the best location to ambush him in which he can just wait until he comes around a corner and shoot him, especially since the meth lord isn't a good shot himself and doesn't have a way to find him in comparison. I'm not sure what Heisenberg can do to deal with that.

especially since the meth lord isn't a good shot himself and doesn't have a way to find him in comparison.
I mean TBF, Harold does also rarely use guns himself but yeah, I guess performing an ambush kinda helps with that

Another problem may be his mobility as he may struggle to reach an optimal spot to catch Walter off-guard

Should I just give Walter prior knowledge at this point?

I mean TBF, Harold does also rarely use guns himself but yeah, I guess performing an ambush kinda helps with that

Another problem may be his mobility as he may struggle to reach an optimal spot to catch Walter off-guard

Should I just give Walter prior knowledge at this point?
He kind of already has an idea as to what the Machine is capable of based on the story, though not the full extent of its abilities so I guess that could work. Still have no idea how he can avoid being detected by an A.I that can access any network on the planet.

He kind of already has an idea as to what the Machine is capable of based on the story, though not the full extent of its abilities so I guess that could work
OK so first off, holy shit another person actually reads the stories I make. It would probably seem really weird if this is the only one you read so I should probably direct you to the series of stories before this one

And second, these stories don't actually reflect on the match's rules, I just write em for fun

Finch hides in the city as soon as the fight starts. Within 1 week(BFR limit) with the help of god mode Walter is arrested by the cops.

You did read the discussion above right? They're not going to start immediately shooting at each other
There is difference between Finch rarely carry a gun and Walter has a weapon and can shoot even without blinking an eye. The fact that 50 meters away and they don't see each other doesn't change the fact that fighting unarmed against an armed man. The machine might give him information, but I don't think Walter's going to miss at 10 meters to a unarmed man.
Let's say they both have guns. Let's say he ambushes them in the city. Walter's more likely to kill him if he doesn't hit him with the first shot. His mobility is much lower than Walter's. He'll kill him if he's near him, he'll kill him in real combat.
At 50 meters, if they don't know each other's location, Finch will make the first attack. It's important what he does. Rather than a gunfight, it makes more sense to find something in the city, like a car, and try to run it over. But I don't know if it's within the rules.

what? I thought the reason why Walt has been fighting animals all this time is because he's not very good at combat

Most likely getting into a good ambush spot. Not sure if he can or would just steal a car
There's the bloodthirsty thing. Walter could shoot or kill an enemy without thinking. Finch was a little more reserved. We can also say that even though Walter has little gun experience, he has more experience than Finch.

I mean, the point is, what's Finch gonna use to set up the ambush? He can't do it at close range, a gun maybe, but it's like he only has one chance to shoot, By the way, he probably doesn't need to steal a car. He could just go to his house and take his car. Isn't he in his own city anyway?

My wincon for finch would be to take his car and run over walter. Walter has neither the quick reflexes nor the experience to shoot the driver's side of a moving car. Finch could easily run him over. For Walter, I say armed or melee combat, but since Finch has the advantage of ambush, I think Finch will take it.

vote Harold

Using God Mode, Harold can simulate millions of possible scenarios and reduce the chances of losing to zero. Thanks to God Mode, even if he can't see Walter, he can know his exact location and deliver a pinpoint hit. With god mode, Finch can hack cars, airplanes and attack Walter with them. With God Mode, he can hire an Army to kill Walter (I'm not sure if this is allowed).

Harold is winning this battle in many ways

With God Mode, he can hire an Army to kill Walter (I'm not sure if this is allowed).
Yeah, pretty sure that's not
With god mode, Finch can hack cars, airplanes and attack Walter with them.
That's not what the profile says...
He could just go to his house and take his car. Isn't he in his own city anyway?
Here's the thing if I recall correctly. At the most recent point of Finch's story, he's practically homeless

Profiles are outdated. As we've seen in the series, Samaritan and The Machine can take over control of vehicles.
Wait I thought he only got God Mode after the destruction of The Machine? I kinda assumed it had less capabilities than the original

Back