• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Walter White tries to fight a dinosaur again (12-12-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grisly bear sized
Herrerasauridae_size_chart.png
The size doesn't look like much if it's not vertical. Walter could easily pass through spaces in the laboratory that the dinosaur could not or would have difficulty doing so.

I want to vote efor Dino, no matter how I look I can't see Walter gun beingh able to take the dino down even if Walt had amazing gun skill, A single shoot of It has the chance of killing the Dinossaur If Walt is extremely luck like shooting the eye and getting the bullet to hit the braain, But otherwise I really can't see just some bullet holes, Looking It's apearance online seen to be similaar to this gun

And Diferent from something like a shootgun I don't think It can do enough damage in a single shoot to do more them making the dino dizzy for a moment before going back to the atack, It's muscles should also make the shoot penetrate a lot less too

Voting Dino, don't think is a stomp sinse Walt can get a luck shoot in the eyes or trow meth at It's mouth and make the dinosaur overdose or something like that

At first i thought Walter got thrown against a freaking Tyrannosaurid or any large theropod hence the issue in the first place, but it's an Herrerasaurus which is honestly very fair

Still on the glance and after i saw the debate, i feel like the Dino take this high diff FRA

Just my opinion but I don't get why you guys are treating the Dino like it's a more agile Grizzly Bear. There's another match going on right now that highlights the difference between them. I don't think a 10-A Dino can just shrug off bullets the same way a 9-C Grizzly can.

Also unless the OP clarifies the Dino doesn't even know Walt is in the lab with him which is yet another advantage Walt would have
That's not true. Characters in versus matches know that their opponents exist. As per Standard Battle Assumptions
Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences.
The characters know the direction their opponent(s) start in. Furthermore, they get knowledge of the character's appearance, equivalent to the knowledge they could have gained if they would have been allowed to briefly observe the form opponent(s) starting in using their senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch (or equivalent). It's assumed that they only get the information necessary to identify the opponent(s)

Just my opinion but I don't get why you guys are treating the Dino like it's a more agile Grizzly Bear. There's another match going on right now that highlights the difference between them. I don't think a 10-A Dino can just shrug off bullets the same way a 9-C Grizzly can.
Agility relies on speed & speed is equalized 💀.

It's animalistic which should put it around modern day carnivores unless this one is notably dumb
Dunno about that, it's a really primitive kind of dinosaur, it was probably much closer to something like a reptile than a mammal in behavior. Not mindless but extremely instinctual, more than what you'd think of as the average predator today. Think less Hyena/Wolf and more Monitor Lizard.
At the very least we could say it would disorient it
I think you're massively overestimating the amount of distress that this would put an animal in, while massively underestimating the amount of distress that a normal guy would be in if he had to fight a dinosaur.
Also unless the OP clarifies the Dino doesn't even know Walt is in the lab with him which is yet another advantage Walt would have
Walt isn't Batman, he's definitely gonna be heard even if he manages to get behind it. He also doesn't exactly have a dino-radar and can himself be taken off-guard.
Saying it would easily find him doesn't mean it would instantly go for the kill, and I'm sure Walt would spot him first if it ever came down to that.
It's gonna be fight or flight, and if you look at what I'd say the closest living animals are, things such as komodo dragons and crocodiles, those almost always go fight. Also why are you so sure of that lol
We have very little evidence that it would tank Walts bullets unscathed and just bum rush him based on what we see with modern day predators interactions with bullet wounds, which I firmly believe would give Walt the chance to take the high ground or at least get to a safer distance where he can fire off more bullets
Depends heavily, but the first part is fair. High ground is a silly concept though, trying to climb something tall enough to provide the vaguest hint of safety (Dino can definitely scuttle up most of the objects in the room way faster than he can) would take more than enough time to render him incredibly vulnerable to attacks. It's possibly the dumbest thing Walt can do in that situation.

Why is this the most controversial match currently still active?
I see Walter winning it here, he's got ice in his veins.
I wasn't clear before but I'm voting Dino.
I want to vote efor Dino, no matter how I look I can't see Walter gun beingh able to take the dino down even if Walt had amazing gun skill, A single shoot of It has the chance of killing the Dinossaur If Walt is extremely luck like shooting the eye and getting the bullet to hit the braain, But otherwise I really can't see just some bullet holes, Looking It's apearance online seen to be similaar to this gun

And Diferent from something like a shootgun I don't think It can do enough damage in a single shoot to do more them making the dino dizzy for a moment before going back to the atack, It's muscles should also make the shoot penetrate a lot less too

Voting Dino, don't think is a stomp sinse Walt can get a luck shoot in the eyes or trow meth at It's mouth and make the dinosaur overdose or something like that
At first i thought Walter got thrown against a freaking Tyrannosaurid or any large theropod hence the issue in the first place, but it's an Herrerasaurus which is honestly very fair

Still on the glance and after i saw the debate, i feel like the Dino take this high diff FRA
All Counted

I've never seen a match with a total of 21 votes 💀

Dunno about that, it's a really primitive kind of dinosaur, it was probably much closer to something like a reptile than a mammal in behavior. Not mindless but extremely instinctual, more than what you'd think of as the average predator today. Think less Hyena/Wolf and more Monitor Lizard.
Lizards freak the **** out when startled by literally anything, this isn't helping your point
I think you're massively overestimating the amount of distress that this would put an animal in, while massively underestimating the amount of distress that a normal guy would be in if he had to fight a dinosaur.
Walt knows ahead of time that he's fighting this thing so it's not like he's going in blind.
Fighting instincts also kick in when your dealing with a life or death scenario and Walt has been in multiple life or death scenarios and came out fine
Walt isn't Batman, he's definitely gonna be heard even if he manages to get behind it. He also doesn't exactly have a dino-radar and can himself be taken off-guard.
Well if this thing has the intelligence of a monitor lizard then it definetly hampers it's ability to fid Walt first

Walt doesnt needs a dino-radar when the thing he's fighting is bear sized and exists in a relatively small space making noise
It's gonna be fight or flight, and if you look at what I'd say the closest living animals are, things such as komodo dragons and crocodiles, those almost always go fight. Also why are you so sure of that lol
Why are you so sure that immediately upon seeing Walt this thing is gonna bum rush him?
Depends heavily, but the first part is fair. High ground is a silly concept though, trying to climb something tall enough to provide the vaguest hint of safety (Dino can definitely scuttle up most of the objects in the room way faster than he can) would take more than enough time to render him incredibly vulnerable to attacks. It's possibly the dumbest thing Walt can do in that situation.
jamie-sheldon-bb-render-08.jpg

This would most certainly be the best thing Walt could do in order to fight this thing

I doubt this thing would be able to instantly climb up stairs fast enough to kill Walt before it's full of bullet holes

Also Walt can fire his gun before he tries this in order to scare the thing, It's not like he can only do one thing at a time

Assuming that A it would find the staircase and know that it leads up to Walt and B that it Would climb up fast enough that Walt couldn't react when you yourself say it's intelligence is akin to an alligator or Komodo Dragon seems like a very big stretch

Last edited:
Lizards freak the ***** out when startled by literally anything, this isn't helping your point
This mf called a komodo dragon a lizard

Yeah no shit they do, the "literally anything" is a behemoth thousands of times their size, see how much they freak out when 1) they're predators 2) they're bigger than you
Walt knows ahead of time that he's fighting this thing so it's not like he's going in blind.
Fighting instincts also kick in when your dealing with a life or death scenario and Walt has been in multiple life or death scenarios and came out fine
How many of them combat scenarios where he showcased this level of quick thinking?
Well if this thing has the intelligence of a monitor lizard then it definetly hampers it's ability to fid Walt first
Why are you so sure that immediately upon seeing Walt this thing is gonna bum rush him?
Also Walt can fire his gun before he tries this in order to scare the thing, It's not like he can only do one thing at a time
With due respect I don't really think you understand animal behavior as well as you think you do

I don't really know if that's the case, once animals are on a combat mindset it's not as easy to spook them. I recall hearing an expert speaking of a puma attack where a man tried to save his wife by hitting the puma with a heavy stick over and over and he said something along "yeah if you just walked up to a puma and hit him like that it'd freak out and run away, but since it's dead-set on attacking that didn't happen"

A final vote tally of 6-0 will be considered invalid.
A final vote tally of 7-0 will be considered valid.
A final vote tally of 7-4 will be considered valid.
A final vote tally of 7-5 will be considered invalid.
If both sides have equivalent posts with constructive arguments, the thread shall be deemed inconclusive
Yes, this is a incon then

Yes, this is a incon then
There is no hard and fast rule on when that incon would be announced. At the moment, yes, that appears to be the outcome we're heading towards, however, historically we have left threads open if more votes are still happening, which for this one they are yet trickling in although I wonder how many of them are motivated solely towards maintaining a balance

There is no hard and fast rule on when that incon would be announced. At the moment, yes, that appears to be the outcome we're heading towards, however, historically we have left threads open if more votes are still happening, which for this one they are yet trickling in although I wonder how many of them are motivated solely towards maintaining a balance

Thanos dogma must be followed.

unfortunatelly imma agree this should get inconned, we've been here for days w/ a draw
If voting cannot reach a conclusion and ultimately comes to a pause, then yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back