• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Walter White fights the Biggest Bird (Walter WHite vs Ostrich)(GRACE)

Rules:
Speed equalized
Walter White has his Smith & Wesson Model 442
Battle takes place inthe middle of a African desert
Both are only 10 meters apart

Walter White - Axis' Fine Art Prints - Digital Art, Entertainment,  Television, Cult TV Classics - ArtPal
48prz6a2gbjd.jpg

Walter has problens reacting to people with similar speeds to him and has a dura and AP disavantage, mewhile ostriches can be incapacitated like this

Heisenberg: 7 (Galvino, HollowVanity, H3110l12345I20, King_Dom470, AThe1412, MintyBoi1, MusicRelaxing)

The biggest bird: 1 (BigSmoke4269)

Incon:

Last edited:
Lol, does he have prior knowledge of the Ostrich? SBA dictates this match in melee range.

His first instinct is to get his gun.

There are other ways of dealing with the Ostrich (like using a blunt stick to whack it's neck/legs from the side), but is there a match condition where he gets to use your methods in-character?

Last edited:
Lol, does he have prior knowledge of the Ostrich? SBA dictates this match in melee range.

His first instinct is to get his gun & then he gets gored by the ostrich 2 kicks.

There are other ways of dealing with the Ostrich (like using a blunt stick to whack it's neck/legs from the side), but is there a match condition where he gets to use your methods in-character?
I mean, he can also hit the ostrich with the gun in the neck, and there is a lot of videos of people not beingh gored by ostriches atacking them by just backing up while putting a hand on the ostrich chest so It can't get too close

And no, he don't have prior knowledge sinse this would make a stomp of Walter just instantly going for the incapacitation

And Walter is inteligent and he probable can figure out that if he can keep the ostrich kinda away

And thanks to Sba walter has alread his gun in hand and the gunshoot sound wil, mostly likely stun and scare the bird

Last edited:
As shown in the Herrasaurus vs Walt match, the best gun feats he has are at point-blank to the head, which anyone can do. At most, he's either a terrible shot, or has the skill of the average person with little gun experience at long range. He doesn't have weapon mastery.

Like, yes, the Ostrich is going to be weakened to an extent. But even if he continuously shot center-mass at the Ostrich (which should be a partial possiblity, since Walt knows the bird's head is small) what are Walt's options if he runs out of bullets?
walter can probably shoot the ostrich if it attacks him first. if jesse can wrestle with a 9-C and eventually shoot them i dont see why walter can’t
Uh... vvv
The bird prefers to flee, so ironically, Walt isn't going to be gored most of the time at the start.
I mean, he can also hit the ostrich with the hun in the neck, and there is a lot of videos of people not beingh gored by ostriches atacking them by just backing up while putting a hand on the ostrich chest so It can't get too close
JANL's claim here is surprisingly believable considering that Ostriches aren't that aggressive. So Waltuh isn't going to get one-shot kicked in the face.

It would've been more funny if the ostrich snuck into Gus' lab and Walt had a similar reaction to it similar the housefly incident, so he's desperately trying to get it out lol

Also yeah I just vote Waltuh

It would've been more funny if the ostrich snuck into Gus' lab and Walt had a similar reaction to it similar the housefly incident, so he's desperately trying to get it out lol

Also yeah I just vote Waltuh
Would be fun but would make the battle unecesseraly more complex :V counted

Well depends how fast walt pulls his blicky out, the ostrich would make it to Walt 0.51428688979 seconds if it starts at full speed, probably would get to Walt in 1 second realistically though.

Apparently it takes 0.25 seconds to take a gun out and shoot it, this sounds wrong though so I'm just going to estimate it take Walt .5 - .75 seconds (this is me just testing myself with a dumbell instead of a gun), but honestly I think an ostrich could tank 1-3 shots and survive long enough to kill Walt

Put me down as inconclusive

Well depends how fast walt pulls his blicky out, the ostrich would make it to Walt 0.51428688979 seconds if it starts at full speed, probably would get to Walt in 1 second realistically though.

Apparently it takes 0.25 seconds to take a gun out and shoot it, this sounds wrong though so I'm just going to estimate it take Walt .5 - .75 seconds (this is me just testing myself with a dumbell instead of a gun), but honestly I think an ostrich could tank 1-3 shots and survive long enough to kill Walt

Put me down as inconclusive
Counted but the ostrich isn't bloodlusted and walt alread has the gun in hand as of SBA

Bigsmoke has Walt's vote, it's just a big if on whether he's able to grab a long stick in the desert, considering some african deserts don't have trees.

The Ostrich has a lot more injury stamina for the gun. Walt here doesn't know the method of incaping an Ostrich by pulling it's neck down. The Ostrich is still going to try to kick Walt.

Giving Walt an environment where he actually could have a big stick can make this fairer, otherwise Walt doesn't have anything to use to attack the ostrich after he burns out all of his 6 rounds.

Ostrich FRA.

Bigsmoke has Walt's vote, it's just a big if on whether he's able to grab a long stick in the desert, considering some african deserts don't have trees.

The Ostrich has a lot more injury stamina for the gun. Walt here doesn't know the method of incaping an Ostrich by pulling it's neck down. The Ostrich is still going to try to kick Walt.

Giving Walt an environment where he actually could have a big stick can make this fairer, otherwise Walt doesn't have anything to use to attack the ostrich after he burns out all of his 6 rounds.

Ostrich FRA.
Okay, both counted, but again, nothing stop walt from hitting the ostrich neck with his gun or just make It flee the combat(basically beingh a BFR)

Wait, how is Walt going to make it flee under SBA?

The blunt force weapons recommend to harm the Ostrich are usually long. Guns like Walt's are very short ranged in melee without any bullets.

Wouldn't the Ostrich try to kick Walt if Walt tries to attack it? They do attack when they feel cornered.

Wait, how is Walt going to make it flee under SBA?

The blunt force weapons recommend to harm the Ostrich are usually long. Guns like Walt's are very short ranged in melee without any bullets.

Wouldn't the Ostrich try to kick Walt if Walt tries to attack it? They do attack when they feel cornered.
Well they are still in character right? So all Walt would have to do is shoot his gun and it would run away.

If BFR is a viable way to win i don't see why this shouldn’t be allowed

Well they are still in character right? So all Walt would have to do is shoot his gun and it would run away.
There's a chance of Walt hitting the Ostrich's vitals with his gun. But his gun is has 4 bullets less than the 10 shots required to kill an Emu, and Ostriches upscale in stamina by size. Shooting the Ostrich to death is unlikely even when using all the bullets on the body, not to mention that Walt goes for point-blank head shots.

Ostriches typically resort to attack when cornered. That's why I pulled the question.

I mean, willing to kill doesn't mean the opponent would actually kill the person if their character prevents them enough. But I'll continue arguing just to get a clear picture of the battle.

As I said before, there is a bunch of videas of people putting their hand on ostriches chests and pushig It away, the bird just don't get to hit then with It's leg sinse even if It's long, They have backward joints and they mostly atack by stomping

As I said before, there is a bunch of videas of people putting their hand on ostriches chests and pushig It away, the bird just don't get to hit then with It's leg sinse even if It's long, They have backward joints and they mostly atack by stomping
To be fair I doubt walt would know to do this hid probably just start popping off rounds

To be fair I doubt walt would know to do this hid probably just start popping off rounds
Meh, he is smart and pushig what is going into Your direction is kinda instinctive. Literraly people that tried to fight the ostrich and pissed out did this to not be atacked

Like, Ostiche 100% has wincons, but I think walt just has the majority

Also, the bird isn't corned, It's a desert, It can just run away
"State of mind: In character, but will attempt to win the battle. Characters will not give up of their own accord....Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences..."

The Ostrich isn't going to keep the distance the entire battle. It's going to kick Walt eventually.

I was going to force my vote to switch to the Ostrich, but..."They generally avoid humans, but even wild Ostriches will defend themselves if threatened. Ostriches are most dangerous during the breeding season, a time when males fight amongst each other for dominance. Breeding male Ostriches are also quick to defend their nest sites from potential threats, including humans."

Under SBA, we're going to have a surprisingly aggressive Ostrich.

Do we keep the not so aggressive out-of m8-ing season Ostrich, or assume the most aggressive ostrich for the match. We can still change the time of the match.

Hum... SBA means It's a male defendimg It's nest then

Still, all videos of Human vs ostrich is kinda pathetic to the bird as most just put their hand on the bird chest and It never hit the target lol

Hum... SBA means It's a male defendimg It's nest then
Animals tend to be very aggressive when defending their young (would Walt know this)?

Also, if it's threatened, there's still a chance of it kicking walt just to protect it's young.

So far, I'll eval what the opponents have & how they use it.

Waltuh Stuff
  • Higher quality AP, range and combat speed via his gun
  • Blunt force and 1 fatal bullet 9-C injury stamina
  • Easily gets tired after physical fights with Jesse for several minutes
  • Cancer and emotional instability
  • Ego
  • Moral Decay
  • Slower reaction speed to characters of comparable combat speed
Waltuh Tactics
  • Technically smarter, but terrible in combat and doesn't have preparation.
  • Prefers to kill by shooting his enemies, but the best feats with his gun are at point-blank headshots.
  • Isn't the type of person to get into physical fights (loses fights against Jesse, but it's implied that he can sometimes win against him. Can disarm a knife from Skyler)
  • Does he even know or plan to use tactics like keeping an Ostrich back with one hand, incaping the Ostrich, etc? Last time I checked he isn't the type of person that would have a high probability of knowing that you can outsmart an Ostrich. He's more focused on his family and drug empire.

Ostrich Stuff
  • Striking Strength, Durability, Lifting Strength and Bodily Weaponry advantage
  • Enhanced Sight
  • Higher stamina, but the heat of the desert compared to the one the show is usually in is debatable. Can endure a Cheetah on it's back. Superior to an Emu, who could take an average of 10 shots to take down from the Emu war.
  • Higher physical body range than Walt assuming his gun can't shoot anymore bullets
Ostrich Tactics

Walt's likely going figure out quickly that the Ostrich will still live being highly resistant to bullets from a distance. He knows getting close to the Ostrich is a bad idea via it's size and claws If push comes to shove, this will turn melee. The Ostrich despite it's aggression here isn't very intelligent, but Walt has terrible reaction speed and combat skill too.

Ostriches get outsmarted by normal people, but this will be a harder one to outsmart since it's very aggressive and willing to win the fight. But Walt still has improvisation and his gun if he desires to outsmart the Ostrich.

Still fair surprisingly lol. Waltuh should have this since he's smarter. Walt FRA

Also, most of the scans you have come from Ostriches without their young. Can you specify if it's during mating season for the Ostrich in your scans? Mind you an aggressive Ostrich is going to be more likely to kick than a normal one that isn't aggressive.

Also, most of the scans you have come from Ostriches without their young. Can you specify if it's during mating season for the Ostrich in your scans? Mind you an aggressive Ostrich is going to be more likely to kick than a normal one that isn't aggressive.
Unfortunetly not, but I doubt a just beingh more agressive would make It not fall for the same tatics

And counted

As shown in the Herrasaurus vs Walt match, the best gun feats he has are at point-blank to the head, which anyone can do.
he gets into a brief shootout with gus’s henchmen at the end of season 4, i think that should be looked into

shouldn’t really matter anyways though, the ostrich starts 10 meters away from walter and will only be coming closer to him. distance likely will not be an issue
At most, he's either a terrible shot
there is no evidence of this, he lands every shot he fires in the show
or has the skill of the average person with little gun experience at long range.
i can sort of agree with this, but i think he’s definitely more skilled than the average person up close, since he has shot several people and we see him practicing with his gun.
Like, yes, the Ostrich is going to be weakened to an extent. But even if he continuously shot center-mass at the Ostrich (which should be a partial possiblity, since Walt knows the bird's head is small) what are Walt's options if he runs out of bullets?
pistol whip the ostrich to death

he gets into a brief shootout with gus’s henchmen at the end of season 4, i think that should be looked into
Well, what happened? Evidence.
i can sort of agree with this, but i think he’s definitely more skilled than the average person up close, since he has shot several people and we see him practicing with his gun.
Stress can decrease accuracy in even the most trained police officers, but at least they're not stormtroopers. How good is Walt's training+evidence?

Anyone with average intelligence can shoot a head up close. People have a general concept of guns. They know how to aim and pull the trigger. What make you think he's above average specifically?

Unfortunetly not, but I doubt a just beingh more agressive would make It not fall for the same tatics
It can mindlessly try to walk forward to him higher than usual with force higher than average human LS or ram him. It does have higher lifting strength.

But the distance usually far enough to counter Walt's lower reaction speed in order for him to aim dodge the Ostrich for the latter.

Back