• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Walter White fights the Biggest Bird (Walter WHite vs Ostrich)(GRACE)

The ostrich mostly likely will not start running full speed to ram Walt and will try to use intimidation to make him run away first, not to mention as the videos show, ostriches don't use their full LS to push over oponents most of the time

The ostrich mostly likely will not start running full speed to ram Walt and will try to use intimidation to make him run away first, not to mention as the videos show, ostriches don't use their full LS to push over oponents most of the time
I mean, they can overpower people with their lifting strength, and one of your videos still showed a man walking backwards in front of an Ostrich. I agree that it's too dumb to untilize it's lifting strength to it's full potential, but that doesn't mean it's not going to try to defend itself.

On occasion, they can be fierce fighters, like that time that they fiercely fought 2 3-quarter grown lions. But this Ostrich doesn't have chicks. Walt still wins but the Ostrich does have an interesting wincon

I'll restate this: "Ostriches are most dangerous during the breeding season, a time when males fight amongst each other for dominance. Breeding male Ostriches are also quick to defend their nest sites from potential threats, including humans."

The Ostrich isn't stated to have it's young here, but SBA encourages the Ostrich to stay and win the battle (i.e. not die and be the last thing standing, or SBA wincons). It's still going to try to kill Walt with occasional hit-and-run tactics.

"In character, but will attempt to win the battle. Characters will not give up of their own accord."

What makes you think Walt's going to try to intimidate the bird when he has no prior knowledge? Is there anything to do or improvise for him? He already has the intelligence to get it close to shoot it in the neck.

Last edited:
What makes you think Walt's going to try to intimidate the bird when he has no prior knowledge? Is there anything to do or improvise for him? He already has the intelligence to get it close to shoot it in the neck.
I said the bird would go for intimidation, not walt, the rest of what You said is fair

jesse i now take up 3.49% of the surface of the earth : r/okbuddychicanery
Fra

Well, what happened? Evidence.
the entire shootout is offscreen lol

but he wins
Stress can decrease accuracy in even the most trained police officers, but at least they're not stormtroopers.
seems like walter is a pretty good shot then, considering he’s generally shooting in stressful situations and consistently hits his targets
How good is Walt's training+evidence?
he isn’t trained lol we just see him practicing his draw

the point is that he should be more skilled than the average person as most people do not practice their draw
Anyone with average intelligence can shoot a head up close. People have a general concept of guns. They know how to aim and pull the trigger. What make you think he's above average specifically?
he has experience with firearms. most people don’t

the entire shootout is offscreen lol

but he wins

seems like walter is a pretty good shot then, considering he’s generally shooting in stressful situations and consistently hits his targets

he isn’t trained lol we just see him practicing his draw

the point is that he should be more skilled than the average person as most people do not practice their draw

he has experience with firearms. most people don’t
Judging by the feat, it's close range but not entirely point-blank. (And I archived it, you're welcome)

Still decent for a guy that doesn't have weapon mastery. But this fight has the Ostrich more often than not far away than what he's been demonstrated in the show. This Ostrich although as aggressive isn't as fierce as they are when they're defending their chicks, it's still going to keep a distance.

Walt's more likely to miss shots against the bird if he tries to use it at far range. He can still improvise though.

Judging by the feat, it's close range but not entirely point-blank.
this applies to like all of walter’s gun feats in case you didn’t know

but also there’s a second guy somewhere further away in the lab who he shoots entirely offscreen. he’s seen kidnapping jesse and bringing him to the lab. when walter enters the lab, three shots are fired, which implies that he shot the second henchman, since he seemingly headshotted the first guy. this is confirmed when walter and jesse destroy the lab and two bodies can be seen on the floor
Still decent for a guy that doesn't have weapon mastery. But this fight has the Ostrich more often than not far away than what he's been demonstrated in the show. This Ostrich although as aggressive isn't as fierce as they are when they're defending their chicks, it's still going to keep a distance.
the ostrich really can’t do anything at a distance. it’ll eventually have to come up close, and by the time that happens walter will likely already have his gun ready

but also there’s a second guy somewhere further away in the lab who he shoots entirely offscreen. he’s seen kidnapping jesse and bringing him to the lab. when walter enters the lab, three shots are fired, which implies that he shot the second henchman, since he seemingly headshotted the first guy. this is confirmed when walter and jesse destroy the lab and two bodies can be seen on the floor
Well, from the scene, that's vaguely further from close range. I read this on breaking bad wiki and I still don't have an idea of the distance between Walt and the elevator.
the ostrich really can’t do anything at a distance. it’ll eventually have to come up close, and by the time that happens walter will likely already have his gun ready
Gun raised or not? I think it's still 50/50 with Walt's subpar reaction speed and potential for aim-dodging for him.

Wait, why doesn't walt have stuff like dura negation or minor/passive biological manipulation with his meth? It's standard equipment, has notable effects and a fairly distinct ability from everyone.

Gun raised or not?
you said the ostrich will try to keep its distance. by the time it gets up close to attack, walter will have had the time to raise and aim his weapon.
I think it's still 50/50 with Walt's subpar reaction speed
what are you talking about bro where does his “subpar reaction speed” come from

he gets caught off guard in a few scenes where other characters sucker punch him but thats pretty normal lol its hardly a low showing for walt

i actually have a calc which gives waltuh athletic human reaction speed but it has not been evaluated and i am angry

what are you talking about bro where does his “subpar reaction speed” come from

he gets caught off guard in a few scenes where other characters sucker punch him but thats pretty normal lol its hardly a low showing for walt

i actually have a calc which gives waltuh athletic human reaction speed but it has not been evaluated and i am angry
This: "@Lonkitt states that Walt has consistently failed to react to people of comparable speed."

Shouldn't the calc take into account the audio stimuli of the truck? And plus, Walt is in a more realistic verse. If there's actual plenty of decent feats of being athletic human in reaction/combat speed with the writers ignoring what realistic for Walt's speed to a mid extent, this would've been more acceptable. And note that I said and moderately contradicted myself when I said "more realistic verse"

Don't you think Walt, Saul or Jesse would dodge 9-C characters with athletic combat speed in-verse better than he is currently? He would at least perceive the punches and would try to make some movement before getting punched.

Not to mention that his health and strength isn't portrayed to be on-par with the 9-C characters in-verse.

Back