• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Walter White tries to fight a dinosaur again (12-12-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know enough about presumed dinosaur psychology to properly engage with that, but I don't take it seriously enough to have it flip the fight to a win for Walter.

Also, I'm removing this match from both profiles, as it's re-entered discussion.

What does Gus Superlab look like? In an enclosed space it would be harder for dino to get to Walter before being shot.

A simple firearm is enough to kill that dinosaur. Have you ever watched Breaking Bad? Heisenberg at the end of the series is indeed adept with a firearm.
Please point to me where this is the case. In the entire series, Walter has only shot a man who is on the ground after being ran over, a guy who was caught off guard and not looking at him, and another one who is on the ground after just recently being shot.

This doesn't showcase adeptness with firearms at all, it shows Walter is a ruthless psycho. He's also a coward who would shit his pants if he saw an extinct 3 meter tall dinosaur.

Also, OP has given Walt a weapon chambered in 38. special, which is a subsonic, 10-A round. Certainly suboptimal for dealing with 3 meter tall dinosaurs. You'd be wanting much higher calibers here (i.e anti-bear cartridges, .44 magnum and above).

Walt is also 52 and dying of cancer. Come on now.

What does Gus Superlab look like? In an enclosed space it would be harder for dino to get to Walter before being shot.
That's the opposite of what it would be, though? This dino can run at like 25 mph, he's gonna be crossing that range much faster given SBA range rules won't be under effect here, meaning Walt has a lot less time to react before this dinosaur bites him in the head and crushes his skull.

By the way, by the SBA it would be 4km, but it happens in a laboratory.

Would they be as far apart as possible in this place?

Must have places to hide or take cover.

That's the opposite of what it would be, though? This dino can run at like 25 mph, he's gonna be crossing that range much faster given SBA range rules won't be under effect here, meaning Walt has a lot less time to react before this dinosaur bites him in the head and crushes his skull.
Well, the speed is equalized.

By the way, by the SBA it would be 4km, but it happens in a laboratory.

Must have places to hide or take cover.
Neither of them have a range of 4 kms. The highest range between the two is Walter with the gun, at several hundred meters, so they'd be starting either as far away as possible in the lab (if it's smaller than that), or just the range of the firearm otherwise.

I mean, I can't know for sure without looking at the place, but to a melee fighter any obstacles are more detrimental than to the ranged one.

Plus it appears that for 3 out of 5 seasons Walter doesn't have problems with cancer (from the profile).

Plus it appears that for 3 out of 5 seasons Walter doesn't have problems with cancer (from the profile).
He has his weapon from S5, I wouldn't be surprised if his cancer would cause stamina/aiming issues at that point.

By the way, by the SBA it would be 4km
It's not, SBA is the character's maximum range, with a cap of 4km. 38 special has an effective range of 50 meters, however, Gus's superlab is only this big, so.
Well, the speed is equalized
Why is speed equalized lmao
He only has the S&W 442 in Season 5, where it has indeed returned worse than ever.

Neither of them have a range of 4 kms. The highest range between the two is Walter with the gun, at several hundred meters, so they'd be starting either as far away as possible in the lab (if it's smaller than that), or just the range of the firearm otherwise.
Maybe Walter having a little prep (since he's in a lab) would be interesting.

By equalized speed, both would have "Average Human" speed and Walter has firearms that I think are not equalized, which range from subsonic upwards.

If they start as far back in the lab as possible, and Walter has at least a little prep, I think that would be interesting. Mainly because of the environment and their movement speed (equalized) x the speed of firearms.

It's an interesting departure despite not having much insight into Walter's personality.

It's not, SBA is the character's maximum range, with a cap of 4km. 38 special has an effective range of 50 meters, however, Gus's superlab is only this big, so.

Why is speed equalized lmao
Because it's cool an old man vs dinosaur.

If they start as far back in the lab as possible, and Walter has at least a little prep, I think that would be interesting. Mainly because of the environment and their movement speed (equalized) x the speed of firearms.
OP would have to expand on that.

Does he get his gun specifically in the latter half of season 5?
Episode 13, yes.
Image not working :(

Oh broother, this is very enclosed. I doubt dino can achieve his top speed and manoeuvrability here. Plus, from the wiki page, it appears Walt has home-field advantage too, since he knows the place.

Although he does have cancer here it seems.

Maybe Walter having a little prep (since he's in a lab) would be interesting.
I'm almost certain this would just result in the dinosaur getting stomped given he could make something like fulminated mercury or just gas the entire room and walk out
By equalized speed, both would have "Average Human" speed and Walter has firearms that I think are not equalized, which range from subsonic upwards.

... No, this would be a dinosaur just being shot repeatedly. Granted, that's not liable to kill them given that Walt isn't an amazing shot and his gun doesn't have incredible stopping power, but still that's not really a back and forth that makes fights exciting

I doubt dino can achieve his top speed and manoeuvrability here.
Far as I see it, it leads into Walter panicking because a 3 meter tall dinosaur is rapidly approaching him, is close, he has cancer, and his gun isn't the strongest.

I'm almost certain this would just result in the dinosaur getting stomped given he could make something like fulminated mercury or just gas the entire room and walk out
hum, cool.

... No, this would be a dinosaur just being shot repeatedly. Granted, that's not liable to kill them given that Walt isn't an amazing shot and his gun doesn't have incredible stopping power, but still that's not really a back and forth that makes fights exciting
Well, the lab doesn't seem to be very big, maybe the dinosaur can stay alive long enough to do something. There's also that fear factor and him not being an amazing shooter.

So the old man with cancer stomp the dinosaur? Cool.

Far as I see it, it leads into Walter panicking because a 3 meter tall dinosaur is rapidly approaching him, is close, he has cancer, and his gun isn't the strongest.
What do you think of the opinion of DMUA?

If he could shoot Mike then I don't see how he cannot land a hit on the dinosaur.
As far as I remember, Mike wasn't charging Walter in an open space like a dinosaur would be. He was sitting down, in a car, and Walter sneaked up behind him and shot him point blank. And even then, didn't instakill him.

It sounds like you're leaving out a boatload of important context that's heavily misrepresenting the feat.

He should resist panic since he has prior knowledge, and cancer is an overtime thing which likely won't affect this fight.

So the old man with cancer stomp the dinosaur? Cool.
Why are you saying this after explaining why he's not likely to actually put down the creature with his gun, which would cause a melee that he'd absolutely lose given that the dinosaur has actual melee implements and isn't dying of cancer
It is right and another reason why this just should not be a thread

He should resist panic since he has prior knowledge, and cancer is an overtime thing which likely won't affect this fight.
And the speed is equalized (medium human since it is qualified for the lowest speed of the participants) and Walter has the fast bullets.

Cancer, and the side-effects from cancer treatment, can still make one generally less physically able, which would effect this fight.

And I'm not really convinced that "knowledge of the species" would significantly reduce panic.

He should resist panic since he has prior knowledge
Just because you know ahead of time that a home intruder with a heavy machine gun is coming to your home to ventilate your body doesn't mean you'll "resist panic", specially involving a revived, massive dinosaur.
and cancer is an overtime thing which likely won't affect this fight.
Walt's body is already affected by cancer, it's not something he's just gotten. His body already suffers its effects.

Why are you saying this after explaining why he's not likely to actually put down the creature with his gun, which would cause a melee that he'd absolutely lose given that the dinosaur has actual melee implements and isn't dying of cancer
I didn't understand what you mean.

You said that.

I thought you were saying that Walter would stomp by shooting the dinosaur quickly.

Also, it was a comment crossed out, because it seems to me that you took it so seriously?

Only thing he's wrong about is Walt's gun being able to kill the dino fast enough for him to not die. I really don't see how a small calliber like .38 special is supposed do to much against what I can only assume is the kind of animal that would be hunted with medium to large game rounds.

Just because you know ahead of time that a home intruder with a heavy machine gun is coming to your home to ventilate your body doesn't mean you'll "resist panic", specially involving a revived, massive dinosaur.
Inaccurate comparison and the average Herrerasaurus is smaller than human. Well, up to the waist, I think.
Walt's body is already affected by cancer, it's not something he's just gotten. His body already suffers its effects.
I am taking info directly from his profile. And cancer seemingly just returned, as it is Season 5.

Also, Herrerasaurus is known to hunt small and medium plant-eaters, so it is likely that even a single shot would make it feel pain and try to retreat. It is not used to be fought back.

I kind of have a problem with dinosaur fights in general. These are just, animals that existed tens of millions of years ago, with only theoretical values assigned by values to them. Entirely rely on assumptions, theoretical values with uncertain behaviors. Don't really like putting them against people with guns when we have no evidence of how they would react.

But, well, that's not really related to this thread, so.

I kind of have a problem with dinosaur fights in general. These are just, animals that existed tens of millions of years ago, with only theoretical values assigned by values to them. Entirely rely on assumptions, theoretical values with uncertain behaviors. Don't really like putting them against people with guns when we have no evidence of how they would react.

But, well, that's not really related to this thread, so.
Honestly I'd say any "big animal fight" is liable to have issues, even if you concretely know what its capable of and the opponent is just as straightforward. It's really just "big creature uses it's method of attack to kill the opponent, does this work", and that's the entire thread even if it's something like a creature from Monster Hunter or Dungeons and Dragons and possess distinct supernatural abilities

Why are we assuming this thing would just gun it towards Walt?

As far as we know it has animalistic intelligence which would mean it would be wary of anything it starts going after, even bears in the midst of attacking humans stop and scout things out a little which is plenty of time for Walt to climb up on the railing like he did in the fly episode and unload from above

At which point the Dinosaur would likely retreat due to the pain, and since this is a smaller lab with not much leg room Walt would have a shooting gallery with him

And while Walt is no marksmen, even completly new shooters are capable of shooting targets 10+ meters away with some degree of accuracy and I highly doubt a 52 Yo man in New Mexico would have absolutely zero gun knowledge especially when we've seen him hit headshots from decent distances away in the series

So yes I do believe Walt would, on an adrenaline rush, be able to make it to the upper railing of a lab he knows like the back of his hand and kill the dinosaur with a well placed shot to the head given the animalistic nature of the dinosaur he's facing

Why are we assuming this thing would just gun it towards Walt?

As far as we know it has animalistic intelligence which would mean it would be wary of anything it starts going after, even bears in the midst of attacking humans stop and scout things out a little which is plenty of time for Walt to climb up on the railing like he did in the fly episode and unload from above
This is a versus thread, they have no reason to be cautious if the default is "this is the thing trying to kill you in a confined space, fight it"

Sudden motion would absolutely get it to just get aggressive even if that doesn't work, but if he was to get up to higher ground, that would work, sure

This is a versus thread, they have no reason to be cautious if the default is "this is the thing trying to kill you in a confined space, fight it"

Sudden motion would absolutely get it to just get aggressive even if that doesn't work, but if he was to get up to higher ground, that would work, sure
This is in character and not bloodlusted so what I said above would still apply as this is the go-to response to 90% of modern day animals

But if not what I said before about the Dinosaur getting spooked by the gunshot/ bullet wound is still a very valid way Walt could get to high ground

Last edited:
Large animals are hunted with large rounds because you want to be really sure to kill whatever you're shooting instantly with one shot, that doesn't mean it's impossible or unlikely to kill them with a smaller firearm. There's plenty of records of large bears and other animals being killed with pistols in self-defense and that's a bigger animal (Lower end of LS implies this is on the smaller end of Herrerasauri, which would be 130-ish kg, equal to a small-ish black bear) with a heavier build. The Herrerasaurus in particular has a pretty big vulnerable area in its massive neck, you don't need to be a sniper to get a decent shot in. Add to that that the dinosaur isn't gonna hunt him down like a terminator if it gets shot at. While we can't know for sure, my guess is that it's probably gonna get spooked and run, most predators tend to be very careful of injuries, and the myth of animals having superhuman pain tolerance is generally a big exaggeration in general. I don't necessarily think Walt wins, but it's more than debatable.

Last edited:
This is just not true, for the record. Put any modern predator in a fight against something, even something smaller, and nine out of ten times it's going to be wary, especially if it's not familiar. This does depend on their intelligence granted, so a Herrerasaurus (probably pretty stupid) might just jump Walt immediately but I wouldn't consider that a guarantee.

To make the match work? Same as every other match which is based on equal speed?
It just seems unnecessary. They're not far apart, just average human vs peak human.

Why is speed equalised?
It just seems unnecessary. They're not far apart, just average human vs peak human.
I equalized speed because Walt is notorious for being unable to react to people with comparable speed to him so having someone much faster and stronger than him didn’t seem fair.

Also did anyone vote? There’s a wall of text and I can’t tell if anyone did or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back