• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wahlberg Baigan and the Honored One [Wahlberg vs Gojo]

Gojo's red/blue/h2h does nothing, and Spaces Sacrifice/Spaces Bout get stopped by Infinity, so it becomes a question of who shoots first: Hollow Purple/Unlimited Void or Thirds? From the way you explain it here, it sounds like Wahlberg would be unwilling to use it too soon. I will hold off on voting until after revisions but as of right now its leaning towards Gojo for me.
I have explained why Hollow and Unlimited Void isnt gonna hit Walhberg. He has already dodge attacks that land simply by pointing and spells that can BFR entire mountains. And the moment that he dodge the DM Gojo is gonna become vulnerable without his Infinity. Walhberg could even EE the domain from the outside if he wish to
Oh yeah, lastly, what speed feat does Rayne scale to? That's about the last thing I need to finish up his profile
Same as Levis's for now

Last edited:
I have explained why Hollow and Unlimited Void isnt gonna hit Walhberg. He has already dodge attacks that land simply by pointing and spells that can BFR entire mountains. And the moment that he dodge the DM Gojo is gonna become vulnerable without his Infinity. Walhberg could even EE the domain from the outside if he wish to

Same as Levis's for now
Thanks, and should I count you as a vote by the way?
To me this would come down to who uses their big move first. Gojo's red/blue/h2h does nothing, and Spaces Sacrifice/Spaces Bout get stopped by Infinity, so it becomes a question of who shoots first: Hollow Purple/Unlimited Void or Thirds? From the way you explain it here, it sounds like Wahlberg would be unwilling to use it too soon. I will hold off on voting until after revisions but as of right now its leaning towards Gojo for me.

Yup. The barrier absorbs the first technique it comes into contact with then releases its energy.
  • If you use it in a defensive way, then it sucks up part of the incoming attack and scatters it away harmlessly (Used by Jogo/Hanami/Sukuna to absorb/neutralise Gojo's Infinity, and used by Sukuna to weaken the effect of the incoming Hollow Purple)
  • If you use it in an offensive way you put your own technique into the barrier and release it as an attack later (we've never seen this onscreen but its implied to be a thing)
And you as a vote for Gojo?

Isn't "infinity" an example of it, it doesn't need any hand sign chanting like other technique and the only reason it's passive is because Gojo is healing his brain implying that it's a technique that surround Gojo, even in his fight with Toji (anime) his inverted spear of heaven nullified "infinity" by destroying a barrier, that's why another barrier (domain amplification) can protect you from it.

damn, if this is true even barrier (anti hax) can bypass "infinity".
Its not the barrier that bypasses infinity, its the sure hit effect. Barriers without a sure-hit (like a veil) do nothing against him, and even things like simple domain (which can have a sure hit) won't work. Its the specific interaction with DA that cancels it (though DE has its own way of doing it too)
I would like to bring up an interesting proposition, of could Wahlberg escape the Domain before it hits? From what I know, infinite Void isn't like Malevolent Shrine that spawns in the real world right? So could Wahlberg escape it by erasing the space he himself is in and teleport out? He can also teleport normally but that takes some faster start up.
If he has the speed to do it, sure. It would have to be really fast though, considering the fact that closing the wall of the barrier is the fastest part of the domain to activate, even before the visual of the domain or its effect take place. It would come down to speed, but yes he theoretically could.
He has already dodge attacks that land simply by pointing
Do these attacks appear on their target instantly instead of having to travel to him?
And you as a vote for Gojo?
Not at all. I know nothing about Wahlberg so all I can do is contribute to the discussion on the Gojo side until I learn more.

If he has the speed to do it, sure. It would have to be really fast though, considering the fact that closing the wall of the barrier is the fastest part of the domain to activate, even before the visual of the domain or its effect take place. It would come down to speed, but yes he theoretically could.
Well, as said above, Wahlberg is quick to using his spells to erase the space he himself is in pretty fast. If the mind frying starts up later than the walls, then I see it being possible for him to escape.
Do these attacks appear on their target instantly instead of having to travel to him?
Considering most of Innocent Zero's time based spells do appear on target, probably yeah
Not at all. I know nothing about Wahlberg so all I can do is contribute to the discussion on the Gojo side until I learn more.
How about you read Mashle eh? Only 160 chapters, you may enjoy it. Please we need more supporters......

Its not the barrier that bypasses infinity, its the sure hit effect. Barriers without a sure-hit (like a veil) do nothing against him, and even things like simple domain (which can have a sure hit) won't work. Its the specific interaction with DA that cancels it (though DE has its own way of doing it too)
If a character can surround himself with a barrier (size can be adjusted) in which he have absolute control over info, soul, space-time, matter and energy.
what about something like a mana zone (character cover the surrounding with his mana can do anything with magic within that sphere) ?

Yeah, Mashle characters have an uncanny ability to survive wounds that would instantly kill people. Wahlberg, who's 118 years old, had half of his body blasted and aged 100 years, could still move that half, and only after being blasted again did he lose his arm. And he still had most of his body gored, large chunks ripped off his body, and yet he still lived and eventually recovered to be healthy again. Like, DAMN!

Oh yeah, Walhberg dodge actually the Timez Cold and not Time Rewoud
My mistake
Anyway, Timez Cold is probably some kind of close range time stop

Last edited:
No, time slow is Timez Rate
Timez Unmove is layered Time Stop
Timez Cold, by the name, should be some kind of time stop where Zero only affects a extremly small area, like the body of someone, instead of a "universal time stop" like the Timez Unmove

No, time slow is Timez Rate
Timez Unmove is layered Time Stop
Timez Cold, by the name, should be some kind of time stop where Zero only affects a extremly small area, like the body of someone, instead of a "universal time stop" like the Timez Unmove
I don't think the regular timetop is universal in range. Ryoh and his assistant were unaffected from kilometers way from Easton.

Well, as said above, Wahlberg is quick to using his spells to erase the space he himself is in pretty fast. If the mind frying starts up later than the walls, then I see it being possible for him to escape.

Considering most of Innocent Zero's time based spells do appear on target, probably yeah
Then it seems like he has a few wincons. Gojo has no reason to open his domain quickly unless pushed, which he absolutely wouldn't be leading with, so we can conclude that a standard DE is escapable.

Are any of these 'appear on target' spells enough to win the fight?
If a character can surround himself with a barrier (size can be adjusted) in which he have absolute control over info, soul, space-time, matter and energy.
what about something like a mana zone (character cover the surrounding with his mana can do anything with magic within that sphere) ?
It depends on the kind of things that can be done within that sphere. Remember its all about attacks that are directional and have speed/mass, so any effect that just happens to the opponent without travel should get past it.
Yeah, age manipulation to be exact
Is this effect potent enough to be a wincon, and can this ageing be healed/restored/reversed? Gojo has RCT but we have no idea on the limits of what it can and can't fix.

It depends on the kind of things that can be done within that sphere. Remember its all about attacks that are directional and have speed/mass, so any effect that just happens to the opponent without travel should get past it.
for the second kind yeah, but the first one there is no attack the character just think and it's done.

Then it seems like he has a few wincons. Gojo has no reason to open his domain quickly unless pushed, which he absolutely wouldn't be leading with, so we can conclude that a standard DE is escapable.
Yeah. Not 0.2 though, since those are meant to be faster yeah?
Are any of these 'appear on target' spells enough to win the fight?
Oh, maybe you misheard me. Those "Appear on Target" spells were in reference to Innocent Zero, who Wahlberg faced and avoided from.

Is this effect potent enough to be a wincon, and can this ageing be healed/restored/reversed? Gojo has RCT but we have no idea on the limits of what it can and can't fix.
Again, that's from Innocent Zero. But in reference to Wahlberg's spacial magic, if Gojo doesn't get one shot, he could probably use RCT. Wahlberg can also non-lethaly BFR parts of Gojo's body, but that requires the pins on his wand reaching Gojo.

Yeah. Not 0.2 though, since those are meant to be faster yeah?
I don't know how this works in a speed equal setting, but I generally consider this to outspeed a speed equal opponent.
Oh, maybe you misheard me. Those "Appear on Target" spells were in reference to Innocent Zero, who Wahlberg faced and avoided from.

Again, that's from Innocent Zero. But in reference to Wahlberg's spacial magic, if Gojo doesn't get one shot, he could probably use RCT. Wahlberg can also non-lethaly BFR parts of Gojo's body, but that requires the pins on his wand reaching Gojo.
Ah my bad. I had assumed people were talking about Zero because they had the same powers, but I guess not. In that case is Wahlberg's wincon still Thirds? I don't know what it does but I am taking other peoples' words for it being able to win here, so the battle still comes down to which opponent gets serious first.

I don't know how this works in a speed equal setting, but I generally consider this to outspeed a speed equal opponent.

Ah my bad. I had assumed people were talking about Zero because they had the same powers, but I guess not.
People brought up Zero to show the level of attacks Wahlberg can dodge. That's why Life_of_king was saying Wahlberg can avoid spells that appear on target, which is what happened when Wahlberg countered Times Cold.
In that case is Wahlberg's wincon still Thirds? I don't know what it does but I am taking other peoples' words for it being able to win here, so the battle still comes down to which opponent gets serious first.
So here it is, it does this
https://img.spoilerhat.com/img/?url=https://zjcdn.********.me/store/manga/32688/070.0/compressed/r20210712_104808_472.jpg
As you can see here, it unleashes a massive aoe the size of multiple mountains, erasing everything. What's more, it appears the start up locks both the opponent and Wahlberg in a pocket dimension as said by LoK, so Its basically like a Domain Expansion lol.

0.2 seconds domains arent faster. They only last shorter than a normal one. The concept of a 0.2 second domain is basically a quick move to trick the opponent, or in Gojo's case, to not kill
Gojo's 0.2 domain was 'faster' but not in the way you think. A normal Domain Expansion can be activated in 0.2 seconds, but the construction of the barrier/interior space and the implementation of the sure hit are 2 different functions. Look at Mahito's domains against Nanami and Mechamaru for example. The barrier of the domain is constructed and filled in with hands, and only after a few seconds does the sure hit actually happen. The difference with the 0.2 domain is that these 2 steps are simplified into one, so there isn't a chance to counter it (note Todo's failed simple domain) unless the opponent has a faster reaction speed.
People brought up Zero to show the level of attacks Wahlberg can dodge. That's why Life_of_king was saying Wahlberg can avoid spells that appear on target, which is what happened when Wahlberg countered Times Cold.

So here it is, it does this

As you can see here, it unleashes a massive aoe the size of multiple mountains, erasing everything. What's more, it appears the start up locks both the opponent and Wahlberg in a pocket dimension as said by LoK, so Its basically like a Domain Expansion lol.
Oh, thats that move. Yeah that would kill Gojo. I remember someone mentioning that he doesn't use this ability unless pushed, how far does he need to go for him to use it?

Gojo's 0.2 domain was 'faster' but not in the way you think. A normal Domain Expansion can be activated in 0.2 seconds, but the construction of the barrier/interior space and the implementation of the sure hit are 2 different functions. Look at Mahito's domains against Nanami and Mechamaru for example. The barrier of the domain is constructed and filled in with hands, and only after a few seconds does the sure hit actually happen. The difference with the 0.2 domain is that these 2 steps are simplified into one, so there isn't a chance to counter it (note Todo's failed simple domain) unless the opponent has a faster reaction speed.

Oh, thats that move. Yeah that would kill Gojo. I remember someone mentioning that he doesn't use this ability unless pushed, how far does he need to go for him to use it?
To the point where half of his body was aged to nothing, so I think if he got hit by a hollow purple and lived, which he would if it isn't his upper half, he'd resort to using it.

To the point where half of his body was aged to nothing, so I think if he got hit by a hollow purple and lived, which he would if it isn't his upper half, he'd resort to using it.
Right. So if they were trading blows (like red/blue/punches or spaces bout) these attacks wouldn't push him to use Thirds? I feel like Gojo would have this then, since he's used HP/DE for less in the past.

Right. So if they were trading blows (like red/blue/punches or spaces bout) these attacks wouldn't push him to use Thirds? I feel like Gojo would have this then, since he's used HP/DE for less in the past.
Trading blows wouldn't generally push him to use Thirds. More so getting grievously injured. Like yeah, if he were to be hit by hollow purple, he'd likely manifest his Thirds and nuke the place. And there's still the whole thing about if Wahlberg can escape Gojo's DE in time before being hit by the information overload.

But I'm assuming you wanna be counted as a vote for Gojo?

Trading blows wouldn't generally push him to use Thirds. More so getting grievously injured. Like yeah, if he were to be hit by hollow purple, he'd likely manifest his Thirds and nuke the place. And there's still the whole thing about if Wahlberg can escape Gojo's DE in time before being hit by the information overload.

But I'm assuming you wanna be counted as a vote for Gojo?
Yes, I feel like Gojo would resort to HP faster than his foe would use Thirds, which I think nets him a win.

Yes, I feel like Gojo would resort to HP faster than his foe would use Thirds, which I think nets him a win.
Yeah but this is assuming that hollow purple hits Wahlberg dead on. Again, if it just misses him and only takes off half of Wahlberg's body, Wahlberg has insane pain tolerance and stamina to still cast spells. Like what happened to Toji, Wahlberg would survive that.

Yeah but this is assuming that hollow purple hits Wahlberg dead on. Again, if it just misses him and only takes off half of Wahlberg's body, Wahlberg has insane pain tolerance and stamina to still cast spells. Like what happened to Toji, Wahlberg would survive that.
The Hollow Purple he pulled on Toji is the smallest size we've ever seen it, and was only that small because he was new to learning it. The other 3 times in the series that he uses it (Hanami at Goodwill, start of Sukuna fight, end of Sukuna fight) the AOE is way bigger, easily enough to engulf a person completely. I don't see any reason why he would choose to use a small one in this situation.

Reminder that Gojo can activate and complete his UV in 0.2 seconds and even if there is a way for Wahlberg to escape the DE, if he’s even less than 0.01 seconds off from when Gojo activated his domain to if he’s able to escape, he’ll still be hit with UV.

Back