• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Wiki RPG 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NOOO, I'M SO SORRY, CAL. I DID NOT MEAN TO LET THAT HAPPEN. Oooh.

we're getting really sidetracked and it's all the fault of my irresistable personality so i'll let you guys do your thing now

My theme is clearly Moonstruck Blossom ovo
Moonstruck Blossom Soul of Sectonia (Kirby Triple Deluxe) - GaMetal Remix-1
Moonstruck Blossom Soul of Sectonia (Kirby Triple Deluxe) - GaMetal Remix-1

One issue I'm having is tilesets. There are no modern city-themed tilesets that I'll be able to just get for free. So making stuff like Gotham City or Manhattan is going to be a challenge.

Another issue I'm having is with sprite scaling.

I shrunk the pictures of the dudes down to freaking 250~ px tall and they still tower over the screen.

The trinity
I don't think I've ever had this issue with any other attempt at making a game that I've made.

I'll go ahead and say this now since it's a healthy mindset to have going into something like this from the start; no one nag Arby & co. about the progress of any of this. These guys have actual lives; they're not all like me. Why, even if it falls through and the project is scrapped, we can be thankful for the fun we had discussing and throwing ideas around.

Ok, go ahead, don't mind me.

Well of course they look pixelated. I scaled the sprites down. As far as I know RPG Maker VX Ace doesn't use vector graphics, so things look pixelated when you scale them down.

Well RPG Maker VX Ace is an engine. It already has a lot of materials for you to use, and you can just download scripts that other people make. Lots of otherwise complex stuff is made easy.

The gameplay probably isn't going to be anything phenomenal, although we're certainly gonna try our hardest to make things interesting. If anything makes the game great, it's going to be the presentation and how well it appeals to our target audience.

Well, the main reason most people would play is just the memes, so fanservice is probably a good idea to focus on.

No one pressure Arby to have this out in just a few months or even if all if he changes his mind, but he seems set on it, and we shouldn't discourage him. Just a fun little fangame-y passion project. And the pixels look perfectly fine.

Incidentally,I made that theme song thread. That should be interesting, or at least make sure these threads are spared some unnecessary traffic (from me).

Oh nah, I don't feel pressured that much.

I do see this project going somewhere, though. Every time I've attempted a project in the past I've lost interest after a few days or so, but here I'm having a lot of fun in these discussion threads. In fact, I've been staying up past 1 in the morning because I'm eager for feedback. If it weren't for you guys taking interest, I myself would probably have lost interest the day I made that blog post.

However, initially I was worried about suddenly screwing things up somehow, and making all the contributions and effort people put in gbe for naught. So thanks for clarifying that it's just for fun, Freeman.

Lowball: Stats shall be exaggerated no more. Until the effects of this attack wears off, the opponent is forbidden from using any stat boosting move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back