• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Topaz's Stat Equal RPG Tourney Round 1: Mewtwo vs the Future Warrior (Saiyan) (0-0-0)

No, but it will probably be enough for Mewtwo to avoid Future Warrior's heavy strike.
It's not a guaranteed thing and even if they do miss the heavy strike, they can just go for a normal attack to keep the combo going and lead into another heavy strike
The flinching effect applies to all of Mewtwo's attacks, which would naturally include his homing attacks, as well as the moves that he copies from Future Warrior.
As I noted before, FW can just block the homing attacks with their forcefields or just TP out of their range.

It's not a guaranteed thing and even if they do miss the heavy strike, they can just go for a normal attack to keep the combo going and lead into another heavy strike

As I noted before, FW can just block the homing attacks with their forcefields or just TP out of their range.
Fair enough, but the point still stands.

The same can be said for Mewtwo, so seeing as this can go either way I think it's best to just let the votes decide.

Do we know what Future Warrior opens with?
They don't really have any in-character starting moves but they would most likely either start by charging up to get Ki to for attacks and to transform or immediately fly or teleport to Mewtwo to start attacking him right off the bat.

They don't really have any in-character starting moves but they would most likely either start by charging up to get Ki to for attacks and to transform or immediately fly or teleport to Mewtwo to start attacking him right off the bat.
I feel ashamed because I was about to bring up LS.

Lifting Strength: At least Class Z, likely higher (Still superior to Primal Groudon) | At least Class Z, likely far higher (Immensely superior to its base form) | At least Class Z, likely far higher (Comparable to the regular Mewtwo)

Lifting Strength: Class P (Able to lift Great Ape Nappa and Vegeta by their tails) | At least Class P, likely higher | At least Class P, likely far higher | At least Class P, likely far higher, far higher via Beast, with Super Saiyan Blue, Super Saiyan Blue Evolved and Ultra Instinct

But the tournament equalizes that, too, no?

Point would be that many/most Psychic-type attacking moves are Telekinesis.
It's even what it leads with in many of its battles in Pokemon: The First Movie.

In theory, it might be useful for keeping distance here, but....

Anyone got a list of what's restricted for this tournament?

I feel ashamed because I was about to bring up LS.

Lifting Strength: At least Class Z, likely higher (Still superior to Primal Groudon) | At least Class Z, likely far higher (Immensely superior to its base form) | At least Class Z, likely far higher (Comparable to the regular Mewtwo)

Lifting Strength: Class P (Able to lift Great Ape Nappa and Vegeta by their tails) | At least Class P, likely higher | At least Class P, likely far higher | At least Class P, likely far higher, far higher via Beast, with Super Saiyan Blue, Super Saiyan Blue Evolved and Ultra Instinct

But the tournament equalizes that, too, no?

Point would be that many/most Psychic-type attacking moves are Telekinesis.
It's even what it leads with in many of its battles in Pokemon: The First Movie.
Yeah LS is equlized here and FW resists TK due to having PoD.
Anyone got a list of what's restricted for this tournament?
Everything over High hax based on this list.

Good to know.

....As a stickler for the official depictions, looking at some of these move descriptions in Mewtwo's Notable Attacks/Techniques section hurts me.

Mewtwo has things like Psystrike (Signature move, not any more accurate, but possibly IC), & Telekinesis (Hard to avoid), among other things, & Aura Sphere (Doesn't miss in gameplay, homing attack.), as well as Miracle Eye (Ignores accuracy checks & Evasion boosts (Such as those from Double Team, an Afterimage technique.) to always hit.
It could also use Laser Focus to inflict Critical Hits.

By ensuring it always hits, it could least do damage.

Since they both have Flight & Teleportation, with stuff like that, Mewtwo could attempt to win via attrition. Even if FW Adapts to Pressure, until they do, Pressure means they're still expending actual Stamina.

Mewtwo has things like Psystrike (Signature move, not any more accurate, but possibly IC), & Telekinesis (Hard to avoid), among other things, & Aura Sphere (Doesn't miss in gameplay, homing attack.), as well as Miracle Eye (Ignores accuracy checks & Evasion boosts (Such as those from Double Team, an Afterimage technique.) to always hit.
It could also use Laser Focus to inflict Critical Hits.
FW resists tk so Mewtwo's Psychic attacks aren't gonna be very effective. And as I noted before FW can block anything they can't avoid with a forcefield or just TP out of the way.
Since they both have Flight & Teleportation, with stuff like that, Mewtwo could attempt to win via attrition. Even if FW Adapts to Pressure, until they do, Pressure means they're still expending actual Stamina.
FW's Saiyan Reactive Evolution adapts quickly so Pressure isn't a problem in the long run. And even without their RE, as I noted FW can handle stacking multiple things that heavily tax the body at once and keep up with peeps like Goku and Vegeta in long battles who have their own plentiful stamina feats. They can also recover their stamina with abilities and equipment.

It's mad late where I am rn so I'm gonna go pass out now. I'll reply to anything else when I wake up.

FW resists tk so Mewtwo's Psychic attacks aren't gonna be very effective. And as I noted before FW can block anything they can't avoid with a forcefield or just TP out of the way.
Not all of them are, though. Psystrike, as mentioned, doesn't seem to be:
"The user materializes an odd psychic wave to attack the target. This move deals physical damage."
(Same as Psyshock, oddly enough.)
Its animation depicts it as an orb that's launched which explodes outwards.

Incidentally, how is FW's Telekinesis Resistance demonstrated within the setting?

Also, how does the Forcefield work & how is it used?
FW's Saiyan Reactive Evolution adapts quickly so Pressure isn't a problem in the long run.
How quickly, though? Any time at all where it's effective is a time where it contributes to Stamina expenditure.
And even without their RE, as I noted FW can handle stacking multiple things that heavily tax the body at once and keep up with peeps like Goku and Vegeta in long battles who have their own plentiful stamina feats.
Mewtwo's current Stamina justification, outdated though it may be is:
Stamina: Superhuman (The average pokemon is hardwired for battle and can go on fighting for lots of time despite being injured. Capable of spending a day on foot while fighting hordes of enemies in mystery dungeons with little to no breaks. Had to have traversed a dungeon with 99 floors, each filled to the brim with high-level enemies)

(IDK if currently valid, though.)
They can also recover their stamina with abilities and equipment.
Arguably, Mewtwo also can with Recover & Life Dew.
It's mad late where I am rn so I'm gonna go pass out now. I'll reply to anything else when I wake up.
Rest well.

Back