• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Wiki RPG 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monarch Laciel said:
"NLF. The power of a single ability rises without limit, until the opponent used the anti-wank ability"
I was about to propose an attack called NLf ;-;

TFW opening soundcloud and putting in my profile's song scares me half to death

if i can be added as an NPC, my avatar will be this ->
Ultimate Crabbo 2
i would be a merchant, and i would sell weapons and armors

this is my lore:

"Originally a humble and weak crab living in Autralia, but after the world changing event, he was forced to get tought. In Neo-Autralia only the strong survives, and this crabbo won't let anyone make dinner out of him"

I'm a mad hermit preacher in the ruins of Sydney who teaches the fabled art of downgrading acausality to time paradox immunity, negating acausality And causing acasual beings to be bound by cause and effect.

Oh, and I some functionality related to the Grail Wars and the creation of the Daughters of Memes

NLF: A special ability that extends on Wank. You exaggerate an in-universe mechanic to unbelievable proportions and apply it to all of fiction, resulting in an immense amount of unfounded crap that makes the user completely invulnerable for two to three turns. Is four times as vulnerable to Downgrade, and can be erased from the character's set of abilities if the Downgrade user has the "Unbiased" boost.

Kepekley23 said:
NLF: A special ability that extends on Wank. You exaggerate an in-universe mechanic to unbelievable proportions and apply it to all of fictio,resulting in an immense amount of unfounded crap that makes the user completely invulnerable for two to three turns. Is four times as vulnerable to Downgrade, and can be erased from the character's set of abilities if the Downgrade user has the "Unbiased" boost.
Coincidence?

'''Core Busting''': A special move that massively decreases the power of enemy attacks for 2 turns by making their planet busting feat not count because they hit the core to destroy the planet

Matthew Schroeder said:
Hyperbole: The stated power of an attack is considerate innacurate and exaggerated. Until the spell's effect wears off, your attack power will drastically decrease.
Nice, but wouldn't it be more fitting to make it a high power low accuracy damage dealing attack?

How about making it so that wanking someone gives Saikou strength, because you're pumping your waifu and he is the king of Waifu Wonderland and...yeah, I know. Makes no sense. Okay.

You mean me wanking literally?

But how does me wanking in its literal sense gives Saikou strength?

Bloodlust: makes every attack between user and opponent impossible to dodge.

Description: Abandoning all their morals, user closes in on the opponent and makes sure that no attack is wasted in destroying their enemy. But this also means opening oneself to attacks that could have been avoided otherwise.

It's a joke subtitle based on Breakin' 2. Basically meant to imply something was sloppily made and rushed.

There's a trait in RPG Maker VX Ace that you can assign to a character, which makes them fight automatically. They'll use healing spells automatically, they'll target and use attacks automatically, basically just auto battle. Perhaps we could implement that into bloodlust, if it becomes a thing.

Also, I'm going to be gone Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

One thing that I did with scripts is that I copied a bunch of other scripts from another game I downloaded called Youtube Poop Saga. One of them was the Breathing Enemies script, which makes the enemy sprites expand and contract a little to simulate breathing, making the battles less static and boring.

Unfortunately that script somehow clashes with the Mother 3 Battle System script I downloaded (thanks for finding it for me, Darkanine), which gives a battle interface similar to Mother 3. The enemies still have the breathing animation, but for a single frame in their animations their sprites just inflate and take up the whole screen like they did before, then just immediately snap back. It looks pretty bad and it's hard to ignore.

Pic will come later.

EDIT: Downloaded software that lets me record gifs and videos of my screen so here it is:

Triumviratebad

@Arbitrary If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? Whenever you come back to this thread, it is 11:00 PM in my...place?

I have a new suggestion, Link gates. Inside various buildings, caves, facilities etc you will find 6/7 digit numbers drawn on walls, sign posts etc

If you interact with such a number, it will be added to your inventory and the location that the number corresponds to will be written inside brackets alongside the number.

The Link gates are scattered around the continents and appear on many flat surfaces, they resemble a pair of square brackets enclosed by another pair of square brackets. You can select a number from your inventory and use it on the Link gate, and the gate will instantly transport you the corresponding location.

That's actually really cool. We really should do everything we can to distinguish our RPG from other games that, for the most part, use default graphics.

To add onto my idea, there are two types of link gates, the more common type made of two pairs of square brackets which only allows transportation within a continent and the rater type made of a single pair of square brackets which allows transport across continents.

My idea to build on top of yours was to create an item that, when used, teleports you to a small pocket dimension called "Citation City", which is just a small floating platform with all of the Link Gates that take you to different continents.

@ArbitraryNumber Hmmmm, I like that idea.

It's more creative as well compared to my idea.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
My idea to build on top of yours was to create an item that, when used, teleports you to a small pocket dimension called "Citation City", which is just a small floating platform with all of the Link Gates that take you to different continents.
you are copying Epic Battle Fantasy, aren't ya Arbitrary ?

To show it visually, this is what it'll look like.

Using the item teleports you to the tiny platform at the bottom of the staircase.

Citation city

@Overlord

I actually never played Epic Battle Fantasy. I'm just being resourceful with the default options the engine gives me.

One link gate alone can take you to any available location within a continent. So Citation City will only need 3 or so link gates to facilitate travel across continents.

Okay, to expand on my earlier idea,maybe after interacting with me like 69 times or so, the entire party gets the skill "Simon's Probabilitification", which allows one Garrenteed dodge and one Garrenteed landing of an attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back