• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Wiki RPG 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we just need to make fun of Ever somehow and we'll have the full edgelord trinity.

My backstory for Matt is that he wants to cleanse the world of what he views as impurities, which means eliminating low-quality pages and banishing sockpuppets. So he traveled the universe collecting all the Macguffin weapons he could find. Secretly he wants to rule the earth and overthrow Antvasima, and attacks opponents who threaten to become too powerful, like Dante.

Kep and Ever are part of his trio who travel the globe, "cleansing" it of impurities. Together, they have slain horrible beasts like the Invisible Dragon and the Big Rigs Truck.

"No Matt, don't downgrade Bayonetta!"

• Lucifer = Matt
  • Gabriel = Kepekley23 (boom boom third person namedrop)
  • Michael = Ever

If anybody suggests an avatar you should probably also ask for some stuff to add to said avatar in order to distinguish them from the original characters, like I did with Saik, Kep, and Matt.

Ever is an edgelord? He doesn't strike me as the type. Arby's ideas for Matt are hilarious, though.

While the option to fight every significant member makes for some great ideas, I think it would be a great joke if there was no option to fight me (not that I'm significant, anyway), or any secret fight with me would result in me not hurting anyone, not dying from anything, and halfheartedly saying you won after a few turns, only to go back to what I was doing. That would fit because I hang around here for the company but I never do any debating things.

also i totally want an avatar but i'm pretty low on the list of priorities

Oh, I'm up for that.

Is there an avatar you prefer? It doesn't have to be a fictional character. Much like how my own avatar in the game is just going to be this:

Cool woofer

Oh, I'd have to think about that. There are others who deserve a chance first, anyway, I'm sure. But thanks for the offer! I'll let you know if I get a good idea.

I think Cal could look like Streaky the Supercat with a Meganium flower-necklace, Kirby shoes, and a Link hat. Or maybe a Mario hat and have the Triforce on his cape.

Oh, that'd be super-cool! And I could run the sound test, if there is one.

Incidentally, do we have a plot yet, or is this going to be more like a Pokemon thing minus the bad guys, just running around trying to be the best? Or should we consider the world of the game itself more?

We're gonna develop the lore and the world, then we'll write the story. I've read it on a blog post from an RPG developer somewhere that it's best to develop the world first, then develop the story.

My first thought is to have MCU Thanos as the villain initially, but then have the true villain kill Thanos and reveal itself, and it'd be a completely original character that has nothing to do with VSB whatsoever, just to make the player go "WTF". Like make it a giant evil lemon or something.

I think yours is fine, RK. Just like with Eficiente's, his is just a bobblehead of Doctor Doom. Yours is a chibi of Nep.

I think yours is distinct enough as is. The wings are a nice touch though, so I'll keep them.

Make an Azzy easter egg where bothering him too much by repeatedly trying to talk him in game causes him to to transform into his true state, instantly crushing lesser beings like our protag via sheer pressure

Or just include an intenionally faulty programming line that makes the game crash. Either that or make it initiate a fight with the true Azathoth, where all of his stats are all 9's, he's immune to every element, as well as every status effect.

Azzy is already part of the main cast. He's an avatar of Azathoth itself. He fights, walks, and talks in his sleep the whole time, and every time he's "killed" or "harmed" it's just him pretending because he thinks everything is a big LARP.

Maybe I'll have Cal fight him initially towards the beginning of the game, and then have him join the team later on. That way we could have room for the easter egg in between.

Appearance wise, Ever is probably the most intimidating, Matt is the most imposing, and I'm the most surprising (for all the wrong reasons)

Yours is good contrast, Paulo. We'll need a lot of it.

Remember what mine is. Just a dog with a brown suit and sunglasses.

There's an RPG made in RPG Maker with a similar premise, being based around a niche forum with members of the forum as playable characters, enemies, and bosses. It's called Forum Fantasy, and is a very interesting little piece of internet archaeology given that the forum's dead now.

Most of the enemies in that are made up of random members of the forum. I thought it'd just be interesting to share that, given that this instantly reminded me of it.

You know what song is playing in my head right now when I look at the trio?

This.

@Monarch

Lots of great material you've provided, but I'll stick to the 6th one because I like it the most. Any suggestions on what we could add?

@Paulo

I planned on having Cal as the main character. But that's a great idea as well.

I don't know how to work customization in RPG Maker VX Ace, though. Even if I did we already have a ton of stuff being included, so characer customization would be too much for me.

As someone who used RPG Maker MV quite a lot, I can say that allowing the player to customize their in-game avatar may be a bit much, ye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back