• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles Wiki RPG 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I don't know almost anything about RPG Maker, I'm just saying random video-game stuff; if you can't do it, then don't worry, you don't need to.

I prefer stuff where you're more directed but if you step off the main path to do the right thing at the right time you can find a side story. I think it works better than a full open world.

Blahblah9755 said:
I prefer stuff where you're more directed but if you step off the main path to do the right thing at the right time you can find a side story. I think it works better than a full open world.
TBH that just sounds like a full open world to me.

You're right.

We've got a lot of content on America and Japan. Now that we have plenty of people I'd like to ask this:

We have locations representing both Marvel and DC in America. The two civilizations are locked in war, with DC losing. Our location representing the DC verse is Gotham City, but we don't have a name for our Marvel place yet. What should it be?

Here's the map of Neo-Japan.

Neojapan
  • East-Western Roleplay Lands - A Kingdom Hearts-themed civilization that covers JRPGs. Has a boating harbor that allows the player to quickly get to Disneyland in America.
  • Seireitei - A Bleach-themed civilization that covers Manga, Anime, etc.
  • Temple of Transcendence - A temple where the player can go. When certain requirements are met, the player can summon popular VSB characters, or really powerful characters from Tier 2/1.
  • Waifu Wonderland - A civilization dominated by anime girls. Saikou has his secret Lewd Dungeon underground, and rules the whole thing.
  • Nintendo Land - The starting location of the game. A Nintendo-themed civilization that covers everything Nintendo. Cal is the mayor here. Perhaps we could have Dino Ranger Black be the one who fills in when Cal leaves on his adventures.
Next up is the map for Neo-America, which we'll probably just call Eagle Land as a nod to Earthbound.

Neoamerica
  • Portal to Authorspace - The portal to the realm where AN, the game's developer, lives. When AN is within Authorspace, he has the power to control the entire reality of the universe and gains infinite knowledge, but once he steps out it all goes away and he just becomes a dude with a magical reality warping marker.
  • Schroeder's Graveyard - The graveyard where Matt seals the corpses of his targets away. He and his two homies treat it like a trophy gallery. Includes the graves of Invisible Dragon, Big Rigs Truck, Composite Primate, and more. There is also a hidden portal that will take the player to a realm of darkness, where all of the sockpuppets go when Matt and the others banish them.
  • Darkanine's School - In this school, Darkanine initially needs help from Cal in a sidequest where the creepy guy Baldi is scaring all of his students away. After completing it and defeating Baldi, Cal gains access to his school, where Darkanine can train him in the art of combat. Could probably use a better name too, probably "Darkanine University".
  • SCP Foundatio - I don't know what to do with this place, but including the verse somehow feels like a must.
  • Manhattan & Gotham City - Two civilizations that cover Marvel and DC comics respectively. DC is losing the war because FroggitTheEternalGod downgraded all of their troops to 11-A.
  • Disneyland - A Disney-themed civilization that covers various movies and television shows. The boat harbor allows the player to access the JRPG Land in Neo-Japan.
The red circles are empty space and I hate empty space. I'd like to come up with some more things to fill that space.

I have a suggestion.

Basically me and Alex thought about joining the rpg as members of a Secret cult and have already built a general idea of our cults backstory (Still a work in progress) and we also have our avatars prepared

"A secret cult society nobody knows anything about with everyone thinking that their members are just weirdos, nothing special happens about them until the 7th game. This society is called "The Followers of Eggboi" and it's center of reunion is localizated outside of a city with its doors closed 99% of the time. At night, drums can be heard, alongside a song sung with an old, long dead language that only old trees remember. Strange posters with rare codes around the doors make the people think that their members are more that just weirdos, just crazy people that urgently need help. The ones that enter the hideout and manage to get out never say what they saw, the THICCNESS is too high for the poor, mediocre normal mind."

We could serve as enemies or allies in case the "protagonist" decides to join our cult to gain some powers or what not.

That sounds like an alright idea. Not ready to rule it out just yet.

Perhaps we could use it by including it in the open space to the left of the mountain range, and make the terrain all dark and dead. Nobody would suspect a cult to be there.

We could use it in tandem with another idea someone suggested: To include a poor society where all of the characters with really terrible win/loss ratios go. The cult could be located outside of there, and that society could be the "city" you refer to in the backstory.

Thanks a lot Arbitrary and making the terrain dark/dead is a great idea where no one would suspect such a cult.

Edit:Really like the poor society terrible win rate idea aswell.

Edit2:Both posted our avatars in the blog

@Blah

I really like that one too.

just have some hidden tile somewhere that teleports you to a really crammed room full of DMC characters.

Hey AN, idk if you are going to put me in or not, so uhh... I thought on this to be my avatar, i erased the background just to make it easier
Eraser 2018-07-15 07-05-16

I'll be literally just a cameo Character in the Seireitei who just says SPIN DRILL whenever you talk to him, until you talk to him like 10 times and then he says PROBABILITY SON

@Arbitrary in the 2 lower empy areas of Neo-America you could put Playstation Land and X-Box Land, in the upper one you could put the glitch area

I thought of an idea regarding Darkanines's school.

If you reach this point in story on a sufficiently low level, then a new area will become accessible, a platform thousands of meters above the ground where Dark's home is located along with what appears to be an enormous sports field.

You can enter and browse around Dark's house and when you are ready, you can go up to Dark who will ask you if you want to attempt special training (the exact dialogue I would like people other than me to decide). If you reply yes, he will take you to aforementioned field and put you through an intense training course. Which includes putting you up against a storm monster, a kind of creature whose size and strength increases the higher you are above the ground (reference to storm calcs)

If you enter the field yourself you will still find mini games to have fun with and some optional battles as well.

If you go to the edge of the platform, you get the option to just gaze at the scenery before you. Assuming such a idea gets accepted, Anyone have suggestions on what else should be included in this area and how large the area should be?

Did any one see this request on the other thread? Darkmon cns worte:

My only request is that somewhere there is a small tear in the fabric of reality that leads to a small room that is the entirety of the verses debating Wiki Universe In it there is a small doom guy setting at a table writing stuff me repented by a Incarnation of the default user picture Taking a nap if you try to interact with it it will say hes taking a nap he sleeps most of the time but sometimes he gets up and actually does something that's why paulo is the mod. And writing on a wall that says paulo was here. If you interact with an empty desk by the first one it will say paulo is out gathing information for profiles. Which is why he's traveling between universes.

Overlord775 said:
@Arbitrary in the 2 lower empy areas of Neo-America you could put Playstation Land and X-Box Land, in the upper one you could put the glitch area
Like Agnaa said in the last thread, there's always going to be some degree of bias. We're not going to be able to include every notable verse on the wiki.

Besides, we have a Nintendo land because Cal has a sort of "relationship" with Nintendo; he's a huge fan and he's pretty much known across the wiki as the big Nintendo guy, so we can make him the mayor. Do we have anybody like that for Playstation or Xbox?

I do think we should at least have a Dovahkiin boss fight somewhere, though.

@Andy

I think we should just include that part as a post game thing, if at all. It would be kind of a jerk move to deny the player a 100% completion of the game just because they didn't go into a certain area at a specific time.

EDIT: Wait, I misread.

I still think we shouldn't make it a level-exclusive thing. Post game would be better.

Well the reason I wanted it to be accessible on a low level only was to build on the idea of Darkanine buffing previously underestimated characters, sometimes to a ludicrous extent.

Andytrenom said:
Well the reason I wanted it to be accessible on a low level only was to build on the idea of Darkanine buffing previously underestimated characters, sometimes to a ludicrous extent.
Why don't we just make it accessible to low level, but still manageable to be difficult to high level players?

Like as in choosing which level of training you want

Matt, Ever, and Kep are pretty much the Triumvirate. They should be called it, with Matt being Caesar, Ever being Marc Anthony, and Kep being the other one.

The real cal howard said:
Matt, Ever, and Kep are pretty much the Triumvirate. They should be called it, with Matt being Caesar, Ever being Marc Anthony, and Kep being the other one.
I think Kep should be that guy that beats up the main character at the beginning just because of this insult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back