• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, what's even the point of "Notable Attacks/Techniques" section on most pages if literally their P&As alone already notes them?
Hey don't you wanna hear about a characters cool moves that probably is overshadowed by a stronger less cooler move.

Tbh its probably mostly for rpg characters with abilities they cannot conventionally list as abilities but has amplification and such. Or power moves cause of Damage boost else damage boost description as ability will have to mention all those abilities rather than saying. "With certain abilities" then list all those abilities in NA/T

Honestly, what's even the point of "Notable Attacks/Techniques" section on most pages if literally their P&As alone already notes them?
You can fit way longer descriptions in the Notable Attacks/Techniques section without it looking weird.

Additionally, many Techniques don't use a new ability, but are just an ability used in a specific manner.

Also, Video Game Combo Lists are a thing.

When someone makes it blatantly obvious that they've never been in an actual fight before. I'm not gonna put on some macho tough-guy act and say that fighting people in real life is fun or anything, because it genuinely isn't a pleasant experience for all parties involved, but when people say stuff like "oh well this character instantly did this move when they got slightly touched so that means they have instinctive reactions" or "but they canonicaly only fought for a few minutes so this fight isnt actually that impressive" you're at that point wearing a giant cone-shaped hat that says "I HAVE NEVER BEEN PUNCHED IN THE NOSE IN MY WHOLE LIFE."

It's just ironic that a hobby dedicated to measuring the strength of characters is filled with so many people who don't even know the basics of fighting.

When someone makes it blatantly obvious that they've never been in an actual fight before. I'm not gonna put on some macho tough-guy act and say that fighting people in real life is fun or anything, because it genuinely isn't a pleasant experience for all parties involved, but when people say stuff like "oh well this character instantly did this move when they got slightly touched so that means they have instinctive reactions" or "but they canonicaly only fought for a few minutes so this fight isnt actually that impressive" you're at that point wearing a giant cone-shaped hat that says "I HAVE NEVER BEEN PUNCHED IN THE NOSE IN MY WHOLE LIFE."

It's just ironic that a hobby dedicated to measuring the strength of characters is filled with so many people who don't even know the basics of fighting.
FAXXXXXXXX!!!!! TRUTH!!!!!!
monkey.gif

How could you say something so controversal yet so brave...

FAXXXXXXXX!!!!! TRUTH!!!!!!
monkey.gif
Why is he sticking his tongue out 💀

Fo7rD04aAAIvCbs

Can confirm- the closest thing to a "fight" I've ever been in was a pushing/tugging scuffle with a girl in 3rd Grade that led to me bleeding from the mouth somehow. 0/10 would not recommend to anyone.

TBH we already simplify combat skill in general for the sake of debate in a match, as much as we have an arbitrary AP gap to one shot when it varies a lot as a human body doesn't have its durability perfectly spread out to all of its points like a sphere of pure steel. We don't even have one for speed as then we also have to worry about distance between an attack and the target (longer distance means more time to react).

VS Wiki brainrot in action at an alarming rate.

Never been in a legit fight before, but I do watch MMA fighters do breakdowns of fights, martial artists rank fight scenes, etc., and I actually do want to take up boxing and Muay Thai (just need to find places where I can learn them, otherwise it's to YouTube for that info lol).

Yeah, people who think fights aren't impressive because they only last a few minutes must forget that a fight could end in less than that if you hit the right places hard enough.

No intention to start anything stupid but what was the deal with the Dies Irae removals?

I can think of a few reasons why a verse focused on the pursuits of Nazi cultists could get banned, but I don't know what sort of drama went down to end up going that way.

No intention to start anything stupid but what was the deal with the Dies Irae removals?
The profiles sucked, apparently. It's a prevailing issue with verses that don't have official translations.

The site opted to delete the entire verse for the time being as nobody had enough time or resources to pool into reconstructing the verse. Same thing happened with Demonbane.

Apparently, there are recent efforts to bring back both.

NPC is just a way to describe someone who is difficult to communicate with properly in general, as most NPCs are just programmed to make certain responses for the most part aside from interactive-based games.
The reason why they're difficult to communicate with can just vary, though more often than not associated with an NPC speaking in a robotic or obtuse manner, or being obtuse in general like an NPC. Poor syntax and lack of semantic value can be included there too, although these aren't necessarily NPC traits.

... I know what an npc is 🙈

Most npc's to me are people who don't use their own brain and just follows others (follow in many ways, in how people think, judge, believe + more), either from being afraid or just blindly following because others are

Other npc's are those who are actually like robots and are unable to step back and just think 🙉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back