• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the shit in the one piece pages and threads made my brain shut down for a few days.
Actually kind of an useful torture method, make the victim look at just one of those vs threads and they'll NEVER cross you again.

Not really. It could be someone who actually is a fan of the verse but hates every single thing about the profiles made for the verse and their ratings as well.
Yeah, so in the event that someone wants to consult the opinion of another who disagrees with the ratings, they can just look at the Opponents section.

I don't think this mechanic is often used though.

Unless you're getting promoted to staff position or something of similar degree, I think referring to it as nepotism as bit too heavy-handed lol

But it is true that you're likely to get more help with those in-the-know about calculations, or getting it evaluated by CGMs, or getting approval for your CRT by staff, if you are friends with them. We are still considered as a community and there are gonna be social circles within that community.

Unless you're getting promoted to staff position or something of similar degree, I think referring to it as nepotism as bit too heavy-handed lol

But it is true that you're likely to get more help with those in-the-know about calculations, or getting it evaluated by CGMs, or getting approval for your CRT by staff, if you are friends with them. We are still considered as a community and there are gonna be social circles within that community.
Shoot. Making friends normally is hard enough for me. Making friends in this community? Can’t imagine it.

Sorry if that seems harsh

Yeah you're being a bit harsh on yourself.

The only thing you need to get along with people in places like these is to be nice, like the same verse, and have similar views with how to scale said verse. May sound easier said than done, but that's how it is.

You don't need to actually be buddies fr fr with them or whatever, we are only here because of common interests for the most part.

Yeah you're being a bit harsh on yourself.

The only thing you need to get along with people in places like these is to be nice, like the same verse, and have similar views with how to scale said verse. May sound easier said than done, but that's how it is.

You don't need to actually be buddies fr fr with them or whatever, we are only here because of common interests for the most part.
Oh. That makes sense

Shoot. Making friends normally is hard enough for me. Making friends in this community? Can’t imagine it.
Just don't make friends on the internet, it's that shrimple.
I don't think this mechanic is often used though.
Either because people forget to list themselves as one, or for some reason they don't like having a "negative" title associated with them. Who knows.

I wish the supporters/neutral/opponents thing worked like the bilingual members list. It's annoying asking for a supporter of a large franchise to comment on a CRT you made, only to find out they can't evaluate it because it has scans from a piece of media they haven't touched or have sworn to never consume. It'd be nice if people listed what parts of the verse they're knowledgeable about, but I also don't want it to become a standard.

I wish the supporters/neutral/opponents thing worked like the bilingual members list. It's annoying asking for a supporter of a large franchise to comment on a CRT you made, only to find out they can't evaluate it because it has scans from a piece of media they haven't touched or have sworn to never consume. It'd be nice if people listed what parts of the verse they're knowledgeable about, but I also don't want it to become a standard.
Actually it does on certain ones. Like The Boys where people can be knowledgeable on either the comics or the TV series

I will say this about it, and nothing more:
I don't know what he did but I know he was banned for insulting AKM pretty badly, don't disagree that he should have been banned but I'm not sure that people's sentences should be increased just because the person they lashed out at just happened to be one of the head staff.
Having a significant role in something doesn't make someone disrespecting you that much more abhorrent.. But it was still very uncalled for judging by how it was treated.

Based on the little I've heard of the event, if I'm not mistaken or confused it with a different event, it was a pretty serious accusation that could, quite frankly, signficantly impact someone's life.
You can't just do stuff like that willy-nilly.

I don't know the full story though, as I am not particularly active. I didn't visit this site for weeks, maybe months, and when I popped up again I just saw that Charmander was banned.

Based on the little I've heard of the event, if I'm not mistaken or confused it with a different event, it was a pretty serious accusation that could, quite frankly, signficantly impact someone's life.
You can't just do stuff like that willy-nilly.

I don't know the full story though, as I am not particularly active. I didn't visit this site for weeks, maybe months, and when I popped up again I just saw that Charmander was banned.
I've only seen snippets but honestly Tio/Charmander seems to be one of those people who don't really regret their actions and he even tried to take some friends down with him, I liked the dude from what I've seen of him (besides the manipulative behavior and trying to expose others when his time has come) and he was a good One Piece supporter but he had issues lol.

We should probably move on from this though, I know if a mod sees it they might close it due to the topic at hand.

Yeah that's pretty bad.

In any kind of situation, if things get toxic and unhealthy, people should just bail out. It's unfortunate seeing users who were once productive succumb to how shitty the powerscaling culture can be.
I remember a user who was pretty helpful and easy to get along with and had great contributions to the site, and after some of their largest CRTs didn't work, they left the wiki via getting themself banned by revealing they had a sock and made fake profiles in the wiki.
It's a fair bit deflating having to deal with crap like that.

Yeah that's pretty bad.

In any kind of situation, if things get toxic and unhealthy, people should just bail out. It's unfortunate seeing users who were once productive succumb to how shitty the powerscaling culture can be.
I remember a user who was pretty helpful and easy to get along with and had great contributions to the site, and after some of their largest CRTs didn't work, they left the wiki via getting themself banned by revealing they had a sock and made fake profiles in the wiki.
It's a fair bit deflating having to deal with crap like that.
True, it seems people take this site too seriously.
Also to stay on the subject of the thread I'm gonna mention the fact that sometimes I'm like, the ONLY person opposing a CRT or match and get jumped because nobody's there to help defend my points.

True, it seems people take this site too seriously.
Also to stay on the subject of the thread I'm gonna mention the fact that sometimes I'm like, the ONLY person opposing a CRT or match and get jumped because nobody's there to help defend my points.
Nah man... While it is true and bs that you do get jumped, you also do at the same time be wrong

So whenever I see the thread whenever you get jumped or something I'm like ok... They are talking some bs against you, then out of nowhere you do the same kinda 🙉😅

but that's how I saw it 🙈

Undertale fans thinking of a way to make the most blatant stomp/spite match with Sans
patrick-vs-thanos-beatbox-battle-verbalase.gif

I don't think its the fandom's fault, per se. It really just boils down to how unique Sans' abilities and weakness create an interesting dynamic btween characters.
It doesn't help multiple AUs and theory vids have fed this big misconception that Sans is this beyond "OP" meta and acausal character that can break the game if he wanted to, completely missing the entire point of his character as well as the mechanics of his abilities.

The good old days of when Sans had tier 2 AP, MFTL+ speed plus several P&A he got from misconceptions (from Breaking the Forth Wall to Time Stop and even immortality/longevity).

When you have to shut down your versus thread because there's a CRT that has been in progress for weeks now and you had zero clue (this isn't actually directed towards whatever techmaster is referring too; this has just happened to me at least twice from what I recall and its annoying)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back