• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
lUIG3iW.jpg

People have been expressing their feelings for the LGBT community quite well in that thread.
Nah people really just don't care if they say something offensive these days, and while sometimes, it can be a benefit, it can also be a detriment.

People in this wiki needs less time in this forum and more time at school and interacting with people, like a normal person.
Basically.

Most likely less of a problem with their education and more of a problem with them being blatantly homophobic lmao
Homophobia can be remedied with education and general human interaction with normal people that aren't bigots.

I admit I am being weirdly tame in my comments though. You're correct that they are homophobic, and were blatantly so in front of staff who just banneda homophobic user yesterday for making similar (albeit maybe more blatant) homophobic remarks and not being apologetic about it (I doubt the people in the LGBT thread are apologetic about it unless they know they're gonna get banned).

Nah people really just don't care if they say something offensive these days, and while sometimes, it can be a benefit, it can also be a detriment.
These days? It's always been the case. We're just being more aware and inclusive and being better human beings to other human beings. And some people don't like that and act like the wiki is gonna end because their bigot senses are tingling.

I am all for dark jokes and the like, not gonna pretend that I never laughed or make offensive jokes myself. But there is a time and place for that. Unless they legitimately have half a brain, these people know what they're doing.

Yeah wanna post their bigoted views but don’t wanna come out and face the music
Yup, I really dislike it when people put up false pretences and hide behind proxies (Just say what's really on your mind and if you get warned, praised, banned, etc so be it at least the truth is out there). Ofc we all need to follow basic guidelines and common social courtesy however if some people are incapable of exercising rudimentary human decency then I don't think they're ready to engage in any form of public interactions yet.

I agree education is the best remedy for ignorance, the problem is getting information from non-bias sources (E.g there's multiple interpretations of WW2 depending on which country you were born in).

Well, there are known/active users who commented there. I dunno if they were ever warned by anyone other than the OP though.

Like, asking if LGBT is a race? Unless you're legitimately ignorant or below the age of 5, no one can convince me that this isn't just some blatant trolling. It's insensitive and out of place regardless whether that was the intention or they just thought it was a harmless joke.

This is funny at least, second time I've seen it though,

Here's another pet peeve: Fights that have to do with the opponents "adapting" or "evolving" in order to win.

I've been in those kind of threads multiple times, and almost every time it ended up being a shitstorm.

Here's another pet peeve: Fights that have to do with the opponents "adapting" or "evolving" in order to win.

I've been in those kind of threads multiple times, and almost every time it ended up being a shitstorm.
Solution: Find a character that has an ability that halts cellular activity so that they can't evolve 🧠

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back