• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

I hate how low our standards are for giving characters heat resistance. If you agree with me, check out my crt :)

On a more serious note, it's a little sad how easily vs threads about any characters that aren't super popular die. In most of them 90% of the comments on the thread are just bumps

I hate how low our standards are for giving characters heat resistance. If you agree with me, check out my crt :)

On a more serious note, it's a little sad how easily vs threads about any characters that aren't super popular die. In most of them 90% of the comments on the thread are just bumps
yep....

yeah

not exactly the same thing but kinda similar, as popular as fire force is outside of this wiki, its probs the saddest new gen anime with low popularity and most FF threads have 90% bumps and 1 comment a day.

This is in no way an issue exclusive to VSBW but “Finn Balor” drives me up the wall. It’s Bálor. Not Balor, Bálor. Honestly I have no idea where the fada came from since Balor, the Irish Mythology Monster Bálor gets his name from does NOT have one, but it’s there and whether it be in vs threads or on his profile it always gives just that little bit of grievance seeing his name what is essentially spelt the wrong way. I really need to fix it on the slider for his image too

This is in no way an issue exclusive to VSBW but “Finn Balor” drives me up the wall. It’s Bálor. Not Balor, Bálor. Honestly I have no idea where the fada came from since Balor, the Irish Mythology Monster Bálor gets his name from does NOT have one, but it’s there and whether it be in vs threads or on his profile it always gives just that little bit of grievance seeing his name what is essentially spelt the wrong way. I really need to fix it on the slider for his image too
Like, CTRL + ALT + A, that’s all it takes.

not exactly the same thing but kinda similar, as popular as fire force is outside of this wiki, its probs the saddest new gen anime with low popularity and most FF threads have 90% bumps and 1 comment a day.
Black Clover was in a similar position, in fact the general discussion thread is barely used. I’ve been trying to make it a more popular verse on the wiki

Black Clover was in a similar position, in fact the general discussion thread is barely used. I’ve been trying to make it a more popular verse on the wiki
trying to bring a verse into popularity is basically impossible if ur doing it in small waves. sad to see verses not even be able to grow and are doomed to fail(as a opm fan i can't relate).

trying to bring a verse into popularity is basically impossible if ur doing it in small waves. sad to see verses not even be able to grow and are doomed to fail(as a opm fan i can't relate).
I am satisfied that guardian tale has enough profiles as it should be... even if basically the actual work is done alone

(although I am grateful to whoever worked on the first profiles).

Somehow Malaysian verses got a significantly better foothold than most other left4dead verses which are more popular than the former outside the wiki.

You can request for it to be corrected, the staff can do it quick.

This one is just more confusing to me, not really annoying.

I'd say I'm decent when it comes to dimensional tiering, have an average, at times shaky understanding on higher-dimensions and how they work in terms of powerscaling. But one thing that has remained confusing to me since the beginning is whether or not time is 4th dimensional. A lot of people say it isn't, and a lot of people say it is, and both sides have people that are way more knowledgeable on spatial dimensionality than me. So I have no idea how to look at it. Which I guess makes sense since we are trying to make sense of something that we can't comprehend fully.

The way ditto gets bullied on this site. Lil blob is just that thing that you pair a character with to get a free win on a profile. The only obstacle you have to clear is if your character is at least half decent at using their own abilities.

The way ditto gets bullied on this site. Lil blob is just that thing that you pair a character with to get a free win on a profile. The only obstacle you have to clear is if your character is at least half decent at using their own abilities.
THIS. There are characters that exist on this site that get abused as win farms, Ditto, Thomas The Tank Engine and Gumball in his higher tiers come to mind

Thomas The Tank Engine
“Oh well my fav character just steps off the tracks and wins gg ez, OH but it’s not a stomp because they could technically not step off the tracks.”

This is even more infuriating in matches where Thomas doesn’t even one shot

Yeah though in Thomas’ case it’s people who spend all their waking hours thinking of someone who could actually face them and then having a eureka moment lmao

Weeping Angel can’t move if someone is looking at them, Thomas doesn’t blink

Jibanyan in character fights oncoming vehicles as basically a hobby

Anyways, I realised I never ranted about Pro Wrestling (WWE/AEW Currently) here just about Bálor’s fada specifically.

THE **** THIS VERSE GETS OMG

The verse has a surprising amount of solid hax, has upper Peak Human skill, Peak Human and above stats otherwise, with 9-B AP and up to Class 25 LS, but it gets 0 respect in debates sometimes. Could you imagine if your favourite verse got arguments in a thread like “sure all the fighting is choreography, how is it skill” or “That move only connects because it makes the show more exciting”. It’s infuriating when people view the verse from a meta behind the scenes approach rather than, y’know, the fictional story portrayed to the general audience? It gets treated so differently to 99% of the other verses on this wiki and it’s sooooo frustrating at this point. I posted about this before in another thread and said “It’s understandable though the verse is pretty new I’m sure people will get used to it”. That post is like 2 months old and there’s been little to 0 change. I’m just tired of it. Saying “WWE wrestlers are just actors” in a versus debate is like saying Superman is a drawing on a page. And it’s the same people/mindset who look at the verse in the completely wrong context that also have campaigned for its deletion in the past. “WWE being WWE” are words that should never be spoken in a versus thread again...

Anyways, I realised I never ranted about Pro Wrestling (WWE/AEW Currently) here just about Bálor’s fada specifically.

The verse has a surprising amount of solid hax, has upper Peak Human skill, Peak Human and above stats otherwise, with 9-B AP and up to Class 25 LS, but it gets 0 respect in debates sometimes. Could you imagine if your favourite verse got arguments in a thread like “sure all the fighting is choreography, how is it skill” or “That move only connects because it makes the show more exciting”. It’s infuriating when people view the verse from a meta behind the scenes approach rather than, y’know, the fictional story portrayed to the general audience? It gets treated so differently to 99% of the other verses on this wiki and it’s sooooo frustrating at this point. I posted about this before in another thread and said “It’s understandable though the verse is pretty new I’m sure people will get used to it”. That post is like 2 months old and there’s been little to 0 change. I’m just tired of it. Saying “WWE wrestlers are just actors” in a versus debate is like saying Superman is a drawing on a page. And it’s the same people/mindset who look at the verse in the completely wrong context that also have campaigned for its deletion in the past. “WWE being WWE” are words that should never be spoken in a versus thread again...
Agreeable

Also shoutout to the arguments made in AP upgrades sometimes “yeah but that’s not what really happened” yeah wow congrats Sherlock the 10-A, 9-C at best actors did not actually do the 9-B feat, well done! Let’s ignore the clear and blatant creative direction taken to represent the feat as best as possible while still ensuring the actor’s safety

Sorry I get the feeling I come off as a total dick when this stuff happens or when I talk about it but I’m passionate about the verse and many of its characters and it just feels so crap when it’s treated like a joke. I kinda realised typing this message I was malding hard, I’ll try and tone it down from here on out lol

That you sometimes take it in the opposite direction of that doesn't help either, though.

That you sometimes take it in the opposite direction of that doesn't help either, though.
all supporters have biases towards their faves and I don’t think WWE supporters are that bad in terms of wank relative to the rest of the wiki, I don’t think all the issues WWE has suddenly would go away if we played the verse down more than we currently do either, but I do get where you’re coming from

This is by far the worst thing in existence (wiki) - it's a clusterfuck to say the least. Not a day goes by that I don't pray for it's downfall.

This is by far the worst thing in existence (wiki) - it's a clusterfuck to say the least. Not a day goes by that I don't pray for it's downfall.
Elaborate.

Striking Strength is literally just "physical" AP, which is redundant at best, but won't be removed out of being on about every page on the site at this point.

I also have a similar issue with listing "Superhuman Physical Characteristics", like, of course anything in 9-B or above is superhuman, we don't need to list that on every page, and should just be a page that clarifies our take on the matter if anything, a similar thing also happens with Peak Human Physical Characteristics

I have. Multiple times, and yet, I don't see anything particularly shitty about it.

Maybe I'm just a brainlet, though.
It’s the fact it’s completely pointless, if a character’s physical AP is different to their overall AP just list that in the AP section, in any other scenario it is utterly redundant

Back