• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

yhbQlme.png

Is it wrong to hope
Get that hopium, my friend.

When your favorite Japanese-originating series releases new actually canon material but the localization date doesn't get announced after two months of release, so your only way to view it is to look at it in a language you don't understand, meaning you can't index it for VSBW stuff until said release.

if you know, you know

When your favorite Japanese-originating series releases new actually canon material but the localization date doesn't get announced after two months of release, so your only way to view it is to look at it in a language you don't understand, meaning you can't index it for VSBW stuff until said release.

if you know, you know
Translate everything 🙈 or if you wanna consume the content first, then.... Need Wait 🐵

Cant remember if ive commented on my pet peeves here, but honestly one huge pet peeve for me rn is manifold’s rating. I get type IV multiverses are a “tier jumper”, but honestly the Downstreamers are so lowballed here its to the point of inaccuracy. All to uphold some sort of standard? Just seems silly to me. Wonder if the same kinda bs is gunna happen with Nu-0 or the Dark Tower revisions, which lowkey scares me since a huge amount of effort is going into both.

Cant remember if ive commented on my pet peeves here, but honestly one huge pet peeve for me rn is manifold’s rating. I get type IV multiverses are a “tier jumper”, but honestly the Downstreamers are so lowballed here its to the point of inaccuracy. All to uphold some sort of standard? Just seems silly to me. Wonder if the same kinda bs is gunna happen with Nu-0 or the Dark Tower revisions, which lowkey scares me since a huge amount of effort is going into both.
True!!!

I hate it when people try to denote a character's scaling by just cherry picking anti-feats of the character and uphold them like they are the only feats that matter. I've noticed this a couple times here on VSBW, but I've been seeing this way more often with the complete laughingstock that is r/characterrant. It is just a great example of a rat tactic that I feel like is universally disliked, hopefully.

I hate it when people try to denote a character's scaling by just cherry picking anti-feats of the character and uphold them like they are the only feats that matter. I've noticed this a couple times here on VSBW, but I've been seeing this way more often with the complete laughingstock that is r/characterrant. It is just a great example of a rat tactic that I feel like is universally disliked, hopefully.
Inspired by the above but the exact opposite
I hate when people cherry pick feats when there are a ton of Anti Feats for them and much more consistent levels that the verse could be at
Both of these are fair, you gotta find that sweet spot in the middle.

Mini-modding, but specifically for evaluating calculations. Anyone can give their opinion on a calc, obviously, but a normal user evaluating it with the same "this looks good and can be used" thing that's normally for calc members to decide and acting like the calc needs their approval just makes things potentially confusing and annoying

Mini-modding, but specifically for evaluating calculations. Anyone can give their opinion on a calc, obviously, but a normal user evaluating it with the same "this looks good and can be used" thing that's normally for calc members to decide and acting like the calc needs their approval just makes things potentially confusing and annoying
Time to evaluate my own calcs :cool:

You know when you ping a mod on their wall and they don't immediately respond to your thread?

You don't have to ping them every hour to get them to respond to it. Amazingly enough we have lives outside the wiki that we want to attend to. Just wait until we get to them.

This is honestly hilarious. People like this should probably get banned, but it's funny when some rando acts like they're an authority or in a position of power like how a child would act if their parents call them their little prince/princess.

Bonus points if the user is actually delusional that they believe they are actually in the position to give judgments like that.

This is honestly hilarious. People like this should probably get banned, but it's funny when some rando acts like they're an authority or in a position of power like how a child would act if their parents call them their little prince/princess.

Bonus points if the user is actually delusional that they believe they are actually in the position to give judgments like that.
I saw one time that a person was saying a calc was bad (didn't even elaborate), then the OP told them that the calc had been accepted, and that person straight up replied "not by me"

Like, come on

I saw one time that a person was saying a calc was bad (didn't even elaborate), then the OP told them that the calc had been accepted, and that person straight up replied "not by me"

Like, come on
Do you have a link for that? That sounds hilarious.

Back