• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Any Content Revision that starts with something along the lines of: "I can't believe ya'll downplay this character so hard"

Especially when it's for a verse that's not super popular. No, they're not being 'downplayed', they just don't have any supporters who are keeping up with it. Calm down and just fix the problem without being smug.
Agreed, a lot of users would find it very helpful for both themselves and everyone else if they construct their posts with professionalism.
Not trying to be uptight, but sometimes being too informal can be a bit jarring to read. It relates to some of my other pet peeves I've said here.

Even a CRT that starts with something like "Okay, this should be simple enough for everyone to understand. Let's go" is already quite fine, no need for any theatrics or baiting comments.

"Game mechanics"

"This character tanked this hit which has this feat"
"Ok but he survived it because he has higher HP that the attack's damage so he doesn't scale"

If the game has no lore contradicting the character tanking the attack, and the HP and damage cliffing is the same as the power cliffing in an anime/comic/novel (from tens to the millions) then characters should absolutely scale to the feat of an attack they tank.

Like seriously why do we scale characters to attacks they tank when they are in an anime, a comic, a manga, etc. but not when it comes from a game?

Last edited:
"Game mechanics"

"This character tanked this hit which has this feat"
"Ok but he survived it because he has higher HP that the attack's damage so he doesn't scale"

If the game has no lore contradicting the character tanking the attack, and the HP and damage cliffing is the same as the power cliffing in an anime/comic/novel (from tens to the millions) then characters should absolutely scale to the feat of an attack they tank.

Like seriously why do we scale characters to attacks they tank when they are in an anime, a comic, a manga, etc. but not when it comes from a game?
A problem I’ve had with the wiki more than once lol

Eh. I think that our One Piece statistics are gradually turning more reliable, the Naruto statistics seem acceptable, and Bleach is getting better via the ongoing current revisions.

I try to avoid this site in big intervals, but since I saw it on this on the way here…

“We can’t even understand the [completely unrelated thing], how the **** can we understand the xyz dimension!! Dimensional scaling is stupid!”

Who gives a ****. How many authors are actually ontologists and versed in topology, the answer is likely very little. Regardless of this, they use it anyways, because they can, for story, or just at their whims. Even in the context of humanity itself, we still don’t know everything that’s going on in our own ocean. Does that stop people from making case studies on ocean pressure, or books about sea life, or boats from sailing out?

If we based half the things we did on things we actually knew, we would be left with very little. It’s just a boring and childish way to look at a tier you don’t like.

I looked at the Bleach CRT and the way it is going right now is really concerning. hopefully it doesn't get derailed too much for future revisions :(

Not exactly a VSBW one, but FANDOM in general. I wish they had autosave option - not publish it automatically, but just save it so you don't lose data. Sometimes when you are making big changes to files or sandboxes/blogs and your computer ***** up, everything is lost. So you gotta start from scratch.

Not exactly a VSBW one, but FANDOM in general. I wish they had autosave option - not publish it automatically, but just save it so you don't lose data. Sometimes when you are making big changes to files or sandboxes/blogs and your computer ***** up, everything is lost. So you gotta start from scratch.
Or saving replies in discussions like this site does, I was responding to a really long argument and when I was like at 70% I accidentally clicked off the website and all of what i wrote disappeared

Or saving replies in discussions like this site does, I was responding to a really long argument and when I was like at 70% I accidentally clicked off the website and all of what i wrote disappeared
Oh yeah, that's annoying. What's worse is shorter replies gets autosaved but sometimes the long ones don't.

While here, when copying stuff from sandbox into a normal thread, for some reasons the links gets messed up. Happened like five times to me already

there are instances that my draft disappears
I had to write a long CRT that I arranged so nicely only to come back a week later it's gone and I have to redo it
thankfully I was able to find more information because I took more time rewriting it but still

You can copy it to a word processor if this is a major problem for you.

there are instances that my draft disappears
I had to write a long CRT that I arranged so nicely only to come back a week later it's gone and I have to redo it
thankfully I was able to find more information because I took more time rewriting it but still
You can click the save button every now and then, if you wish. The draft should remain that way.

We also have a private sandbox function for preparing very long posts or threads.

I don't really like casual characters having an "At Least" rating. As it implies that they barely reach that level.

When they're supposed to be many times above it.

I don't really like casual characters having an "At Least" rating. As it implies that they barely reach that level.

When they're supposed to be many times above it.
But it is better then unknown tho... Otherwise the at least rating then should get removed because we don't know how many times above that value the character are 🤷‍♂️

Well, we have made several previous attempts to fix the Stamina page, but couldn't reach proper conclusions back then.

When you give a reason for why a character wins and for some ******* reason, no one reads it and they end up voting another character for some other reason. It’s like my post is invisible for some reason
I think it's moreso that your reasoning probably wasn't good enough or they simply think you missed something.

Well, I regard the Notable Wins/Losses section of the profiles as the least accurate and take it with a grain of salt most of the time.

However, the setup of this site, as a wiki, seeks to put out accurate information in the profiles. It is different from other debating sites wherein what dictates the results of a matchup isn't facts but the skill of the debater. Without concern for indexing, the character who "wins" the debate is either the one supported by the smarter user with the sounder argument, or the character supported by someone with poor argument and understanding but has more people supporting them.

So, it is just up to the users of this forum to reach the most accurate conclusion in a matchup. By analyzing the profiles and arguments and then voting.

Debating is still fun in general for those who practice it, and a good way to practice your debating skills. But the "Grace System" kinda defeats this in a way, since in this forum your comment can be easily drowned in FRAs.

hence I avoid trying to counter every single thing and the opposing side tries to provide unless it is more or so very convincing enough to make some people vote otherwise.
present my argument defend it if the opposing side makes a good point.
People voting otherwise or convincing the opposing side usually doesn't work even if the evidence or argument is obvious. Debate after all is mostly for convincing the public observing it not the opposing side.

It sucks most of the time but it's fun when it is professionally heated but there's nothing you could do if you already presented your best argument and people still think so otherwise so just swallow it and move forward to another interesting match-up you wanna give an opinion.

But I really, REALLY dislike stonewalls even while just observing a debate

I think it's moreso that your reasoning probably wasn't good enough or they simply think you missed something.
Or that they are simply just biased and will only vote for their character 🐵

That's impossible..... Because I remove my vote if people call me biased or anything... Sound like someone might be redirecting 🤔

Back