• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Video Games Hot Takes

This reminds me, the only real mecha game I've played (If Mgr doesn't count as Mecha) was ******* Supermechs, which was literally just a turn-based 2d mecha game on Facebook in 2012 🗿

I wanted to try Armored Core before, since it's by fromsoft and whatnot, but none of them are on pc😔

@Dalesean027 make them play DOOM, it's a AAA FPS game but good. :cool:

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo So instead of a shooter, why not play some fighting game since you mentioned being a fan of Virtua Fighter a while ago?

@Rikimarox2 Honestly that's me with smash bros, I just can't get into the game on a technical level since it doesn't vibe with me, and I only have some fun whenever any friends come over to play and we just do random shit, but even then the fun kinda dies out fast with me.

Doom fanbase is way worse, they think murder and gore is the best in the world and label every Demon as "bad" and need to be destroyed, and it became worse of those Demons are from Helltaker or any of anime-hot chick trope things
Basically they are elitist edgy af so i rather avoid those fanbase and enjoyed Doomguy madness spree without those influence

Also, those part is why i really hate "status meme" with burning passion, elitism + coomer bait + rules of cool oversaturted + and so on

If i want a coomer contents, i might just go to the actual things instead "HahA fUnNy MoTiVatIoN VerGil BrRrRrR#Brainrotdead"

If you think DOOM of all games gets repetitive quickly, you haven't played a lot of shooters, because especially the older games have a lot more going on than typical FPS series out there these days.
I kinda fundamentally dislike FPS.

Too little mobility, the whole focus is on the first person and so it's harder to relate to the main character as it's basically encouraged to just take it as a player self-insert, weapon variety is quite small beyond mere range, speed and potency, I dislike motion controls and so the aiming is probably harder than intended (especially with drifting joysticks), etc.

I've seen my brother play CoD, Resident Evil and Uncharted, and I still am not a fan of the genre usually.

Too little mobility, the whole focus is on the first person and so it's harder to relate to the main character as it's basically encouraged to just take it as a player self-insert, weapon variety is quite small beyond mere range, speed and potency, etc.

I've seen my brother play CoD, Resident Evil and Uncharted, and I still am not a fan of the genre usually.
To be fair, Doom 2016 and Eternal has so many mobilities but outside that, understandable

Too little mobility, the whole focus is on the first person and so it's harder to relate to the main character as it's basically encouraged to just take it as a player self-insert, weapon variety is quite small beyond mere range, speed and potency,
Okay but Ultrakill

Tell us more about it. Maybe it will help bring it out of shadows and into the spotlight
It's hard to explain. It's sprite game, so the graphics are meh, but it's very modable (with a guide to it available for free) and mechanically fascinating. The game draws on myth, history, and religion for all its nations, units, summons, etc.

There's 3 ages, with different (and a so.e continuous) nations in each one. The Early features a mix of expies from ancient and mythological nations. The Middle is more Dark Ages/Early Middle Ages. The Late is Late Middle Ages.

There's anything from a Chinese Empire expy, to a nation of Irish Elves, to Zombie Romans and Serpent loving Byzantines.

There's a whole magic system (with research), a faith system, and to top it all of, all the nations are fighting to crown their nation's deity as the new God (since the last one went missing), with options ranging from Angels, Olympians, Hindu gods, to Azathoth expies!

There's a lot more, but that's the basic overview. It's on steam.

I have another hot take. Western RPGs have a lot of shit combat and only make up for it with Roleplaying (unless you’re modern day Bethesda)
This is just fact dare I say
@Shmooply nah they need to be more like Divinity Original Sin, that’s one of the few exceptions with some fun combat
Divinity was cool I played through maybe 15-30 hours of it but it's not for me in the long run

peppino-pizza-tower.gif

It needs to be more commonplace in gaming where you have the option to side with the villian

Like not even "He was doing the wrong thing for the right reason" just straight up let you join Satan if you want to
To add to that it would actually be good to see some effort put into the "villain" ending or story path, the very few games that actually allow you to side with the "bad guy" or "evil" usually gives you an automatic game over for doing so.

To add to that it would actually be good to see some effort put into the "villain" ending or story path, the very few games that actually allow you to side with the "bad guy" or "evil" usually gives you an automatic game over for doing so.
I'd unironically take the game over at this point. Way too many evil paths in video games aren't thought out well and have unsatisfying endings.

Back