• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Video Games of the 21st Century

This is why I like Yakuza. Technically it can work as simply a movie. The main gameplay is basically just beating people up again and again with the rare stealth section. It's fun but not the greatest. However then you go out to explore the area in the middle of the story only to find out the five bajillion minigames and such you can do. Wanna gamble? Here's all forms of it, including ones only known in japan. Want to play a rythm game? Go do Karaoke. Wanna dance? Go to the disco and play a unique mini-game. Wanna fight but cooler? Go to the hidden arena where you can fight people with special restrictions on you. Wanna watch ****?....surprisingly you kinda can...anyways wanna play racing cars? You can do that too!

It is what makes yakuza games loved by fans, it combines the serious action game and heavy crime drama with some of the most random stuff you can do. It's like if GTA was in one red-light district with several things you can do and also you are the one being robbed, you just rob them back.

The Halo trilogy will always be king for me at least in the Shooter department with The Elder Scrolls being my fantasy & RPG fix.

Too bad Halo is dead, and The Elder Scrolls is marching straight towards its own destruction as a franchise as the next game is guaranteed to be a flop.

No Bethesda game will flop. This will never happen.
Fallout 76 was one of the most embarrassing releases in gaming history, and Fallout 4 was a major step down in of itself. Starfield is junk.

Morrowind was peak TES, Oblivion was watered down, and Skyrim...well Skyrim was successful in spite of Bethesda, not because of it. Without mods, Bethesda games (except maybe Morrowind) would die about as fast as Halo Infinite did.

That Emil guy is one of the worst writers in the gaming industry at present and will be writing TESVI. I have no doubt Bugthesda will manage to strip it down even compared to Skyrim with even worse writing to boot.

I don't mean to be negative...but it's not looking good on that front. It seems that for every RDR2 or Disco Elysium there are over a hundred live service, Fortnite/Overwatch clone slop fests.

Fallout 76 was one of the most embarrassing releases in gaming history, and Fallout 4 was a major step down in of itself. Starfield is junk.
Fallout 76 has over 13.5 million players in all platforms.

Fallout 4 sold 25 million copies

Starfield sold 5 million copies on Steam alone and made over 650 million dollars in total for Bethesda.

You may not like these games, but they will never flop.

Back