• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Video Games Hot Takes

Also here’s my hot take, Gears of War Judgement is not that bad of a game, and I honestly prefer it over the first game.

So you like someone doing an Infinite combo on you that lasts a century and you can’t do anything about it to escape?
YO YOU WANNA LEARN HOW TO DO A ******* INFINITE?
IMMA TEACH YO ************ BITCH-ASS, EASIEST SHIT IN THE ************* MARVEL 3, MARVEL 2, **** IT, I DON'T GIVE A ****.
IRON MAN.
AIGHT, JUMP UP IN THE AIR, HIT UP ******* HEAVY KICK
my fair african-american fellow :)
AND THEN IT'S *************-
LIGHT PUNCH
MEDIUM PUNCH
LIGHT KICK
HEAVY PUNCH
HOLD DIAGONAL IN WHICHEVER WAY YOU ******* GOIN'
YOU ONLY HIT X ******* UP ************ HEAVY KICK
YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON THE GROUND **********
THAT SHIT DON'T WORK
LET'S START THIS ********** OUT RIGHT
AH AH AH AH AH
DROP THAT SHIT
WHAT YOU DOIN **********

YO YOU WANNA LEARN HOW TO DO A ******* INFINITE?
IMMA TEACH YO ************ BITCH-ASS, EASIEST SHIT IN THE ************* MARVEL 3, MARVEL 2, **** IT, I DON'T GIVE A ****.
IRON MAN.
AIGHT, JUMP UP IN THE AIR, HIT UP ******* HEAVY KICK
my fair african-american fellow :)
AND THEN IT'S *************-
LIGHT PUNCH
MEDIUM PUNCH
LIGHT KICK
HEAVY PUNCH
HOLD DIAGONAL IN WHICHEVER WAY YOU ******* GOIN'
YOU ONLY HIT X ******* UP ************ HEAVY KICK
YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON THE GROUND **********
THAT SHIT DON'T WORK
LET'S START THIS ********** OUT RIGHT
AH AH AH AH AH
DROP THAT SHIT
WHAT YOU DOIN **********
Sounds like someone is reliving a really bad memory

I think games where the only fights you have are with bosses, for example like cuphead are great

since fighting regular mooks/mobs is boring why not fight bosses only for each level.

true but as long as there’s lots of bosses in this game it’s good enough.

since it requires a lot of effort to beat a boss sometimes and you get that awesome sense of satisfaction when you beat them. (Not always though since some bosses are too easy)

@Deceived3596 that’s mostly because the specific mission based structure in the campaign made it more fun and spiced up the challenge with new variety, Gears 1 felt like they gave you everything the game offered at the end of the first act and they didn’t really expand upon it that much, there wasn’t enough enemy variety or new types of levels to the point everything was just blending together.

RTS games need to make a comeback. Not stuff like Starcraft 2 that's heavily catered to a competitive audience, but shit like Supreme Commander, Command & Conquer, or the Battle for Middle-Earth games. I really hope Sanctuary is the spiritual successor to Supreme Commander it claims to be, those games were built different.

Anyway I think danmaku games are excellent. Very hard but lots of satisfaction.

i regret not playing the touhou games when I got the chance (they had them at otakon)

Coldest take of all...
5016-gigachad-handshake.png

Back