• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests (New forum)

Since Bambu debates DDM's vote because it is leaning, can someone double check the other five?

Well, DMUA's only a calc guy, but he's knowledgeable on the verse (on Kirito's end) so I'd say that's a good call.

If it's true that four, five including DMUA, agree with the removal, then it should be removed. DDM's unclear vote aside (though someone could ask him to come back around, given Bambu debates it).

Since Bambu debates DDM's vote because it is leaning, can someone double check the other five?

Well, DMUA's only a calc guy, but he's knowledgeable on the verse (on Kirito's end) so I'd say that's a good call.

If it's true that four, five including DMUA, agree with the removal, then it should be removed. DDM's unclear vote aside (though someone could ask him to come back around, given Bambu debates it).
Ive messaged DDM about this, waiting for his response

...then I question if we're reading the same thread, but accept that a consensus was reached.
I've been asking the same thing, glad we could come to a consensus on that.

On a more serious note, chill out. Weekly asking if a thread can be removed after 4, possibly 5 staff votes isn't some egregious misstep. You're acting rather hostile over Weekly asking a question after a several days of relative silence.

.I will presume you've read everything relevant and are saying this. If DDM switches to a concrete position that, yes, everyone there voted with no proper basis to do so, then I question if we're reading the same thread, but accept that a consensus was reached.
Yes, I've been following this thread and the discussion you've all been having when given the time (Even regarding the part in the rule violation thread pertaining to this match). I think the debate in the match thread itself were lack luster in explaining why either character won (though that's likely due to me debating with full blown paragraphs in VS matches) but there were a few minor grips I had and would prefer that match just be removed and if people wanted, remade since this match and the debate had within his causing issues.

3 staff (that aren't CGM) for removing it, 2 staff against removing it but IDK if you guys wanted an overwhelming majority or not.
Just any decent majority would do, hell at this point I'll even accept it since there is a majority at all. I just take offense with the dishonesty used to push for its deletion.

Yes, I've been following this thread and the discussion you've all been having when given the time (Even regarding the part in the rule violation thread pertaining to this match). I think the debate in the match thread itself were lack luster in explaining why either character won (though that's likely due to me debating with full blown paragraphs in VS matches) but there were a few minor grips I had and would prefer that match just be removed and if people wanted, remade since this match and the debate had within his causing issues.
This is, at least, reasonable, though I don't think every match requires paragraph after paragraph of agonizing detail- I find that is generally unnecessary. I do disagree but this, at least, is sensible enough. Feel free to remove it.

Glad we found solution in a professional, civil and rational manner to conclude this.

This is, at least, reasonable, though I don't think every match requires paragraph after paragraph of agonizing detail- I find that is generally unnecessary. I do disagree but this, at least, is sensible enough. Feel free to remove it.
Fair enough. I've removed the match.

KingTempest posted a comment agreeing with the removal, which Bambu deleted because... I really don't know.
But he does agree with it.
Technically it's only three Staff Members, because DDM is leaning towards removing it and the other two people aren't really staff as much as they are just special roles (like CGM for example), but there's still an overwhelming amount of support for the removal.
Has this match been removed yet, seems a lot a people agree with it being removed

Kazuya isn't High 6-A anymore

Kazuya isn't High 6-A anymore
Removed.

This is on Luffy's profile as a victory but not on Mori's profile. Should it be removed?

Thanos does not have this match up in his page, I don´t know if is outdated or not, can I remove it?

This is on Luffy's profile as a victory but not on Mori's profile. Should it be removed?
Don't see a High 6-A key on Mori's page do it's possible it was removed due to some changes but it never got removed from Luffy's page. Also I believe One Piece characters are going to be downgraded as well so I remove it.

Thanos does not have this match up in his page, I don´t know if is outdated or not, can I remove it?
Not sure what changed but I guess you can remove it if it's no longer on Thanos profile.

Question about some versus thread results.

Lady Nagant has fights against Kiritsugu, Dystnine, and Spider-Man.

Due to her upgrades into High 6-C and her range upgrade to Hundreds of Kilometers, should these fight be removed?
Spider-Man still has better lifting strength and is more skilled at dodging and fighting opponents who are much stronger than him so he probably still has the same win conditions of pinning Nagant and restraining her. Not sure about the other matches though

Spider-Man still has better lifting strength and is more skilled at dodging and fighting opponents who are much stronger than him so he probably still has the same win conditions of pinning Nagant and restraining her. Not sure about the other matches though
I'd have to ask. How can Spider-Man reach her with the range disadvantage? Her range is Hundreds of Kilometers.

She's a sniper who stays away from her opponent, say she flies up around 5 km in the air and snipe at him. Spider-Man's range is only Tens of Meters.

Even if she can't hit him, that'd be an inconclusive. This is why I mentioned her range upgrade as well.

I'd have to ask. How can Spider-Man reach her with the range disadvantage? Her range is Hundreds of Kilometers.

She's a sniper who stays away from her opponent, say she flies up around 5 km in the air and snipe at him. Spider-Man's range is only Tens of Meters.

Even if she can't hit him, that'd be an inconclusive. This is why I mentioned her range upgrade as well.
Spider-Man can fire web projectiles at her and use the terrain to hide or catch her off guard. His Spider-Sense also immensely helps with dodging. I think that his skill, agility and web shooters would help him close the distance

Spider-Man can fire web projectiles at her and use the terrain to hide or catch her off guard. His Spider-Sense also immensely helps with dodging. I think that his skill, agility and web shooters would help him close the distance
What, did I speak unclearly?

His Web Projectiles have Tens of Meters of range, he cannot reach her while she can shoot at him from several Kilometers up in the air.

What, did I speak unclearly?

His Web Projectiles have Tens of Meters of range, he cannot reach her while she can shoot at him from several Kilometers up in the air.
I'm pretty sure Spilxson2 argument was he could dodge with the help of his spider sense and eventually get in close enough range to use webbing. Also, the further the shot, the more time he has to dodge. I'm not saying the match shouldn't be removed, but I think you missed the point Spilxson2 was trying to make regarding your range argument.

I'm pretty sure Spilxson2 argument was he could dodge with the help of his spider sense and eventually get in close enough range to use webbing. Also, the further the shot, the more time he has to dodge. I'm not saying the match shouldn't be removed, but I think you missed the point Spilxson2 was trying to make regarding your range argument.
"Spider-Man can fire web projectiles at her and use the terrain to hide or catch her off guard."

"I think that his skill, agility and web shooters would help him close the distance."

This sounds like he's saying Spider-Man can reach her with his web projectiles and get close to her, which I've explained isn't possible.

I have nothing to add about his dodging ability, I even said she probably still isn't going to hit him and would be inconclusive.

I'm wondering if I'm just missing something obvious here, I'm going to feel really silly if that is the case.

"Spider-Man can fire web projectiles at her and use the terrain to hide or catch her off guard."

"I think that his skill, agility and web shooters would help him close the distance."

This sounds like he's saying Spider-Man can reach her with his web projectiles and get close to her, which I've explained isn't possible.
I interpret these as arguments for when he's close enough.

She isn't going to let herself get caught like that, she'd be stupid to lower herself towards the ground if she can't find him.

If she can't see him she'll do what she did against Izuku when she lost line of sight. She'll stay high up in the air where he can't reach and wait until she see him. Lady Nagant is the best sniper in Japan, sniper's are use to waiting for multiple hours on end for their shot.

That situation is just an inconclusive, I feel like I'm not being clear at all. The second the fight starts she will be outside of his range and never enter his range period.

There is no in character reason why she'd get closer to Spider-Man, especially when she's a long range fighter. Izuku could catch her because he could fly and was able to boost his speed so she couldn't react to his approach.

Edit: This isn't about how this fight goes down to the end, this is about if it should be removed from their profile. Any actual discussion on the fight can be saved for a future versus thread if you want to make one. There are two other fights that I want to know if they should be removed as well.

She isn't going to let herself get caught like that, she'd be stupid to lower herself towards the ground if she can't find him.

If she can't see him she'll do what she did against Izuku when she lost line of sight. She'll stay high up in the air where he can't reach and wait until she see him. Lady Nagant is the best sniper in Japan, sniper's are use to waiting for multiple hours on end for their shot.

That situation is just an inconclusive, I feel like I'm not being clear at all. The second the fight starts she will be outside of his range and never enter his range period.

There is no in character reason why she'd get closer to Spider-Man, especially when she's a long range fighter. Izuku could catch her because he could fly and was able to boost his speed so she couldn't react to his approach.

Edit: This isn't about how this fight goes down to the end, this is about if it should be removed from their profile. Any actual discussion on the fight can be saved for a future versus thread if you want to make one. There are two other fights that I want to know if they should be removed as well.
I agree, this should be removed and then remade with these new statistics taken into account.

No freeza does not, he resist soul EE/destruction, sans' hax are completely different and would still affect freeza the same way
Never got the chance to reply to this but anyway... How is this not Soul Destruction?
undertale-soul.gif

Also one thing I don't get is that whenever Sans is put against an opponent that resists Soul Manipulation, it's a stomp. Now that Frieza has gained a resistance to Soul Manipulation, the match is still valid? That doesn't seem to add up.
Hakai is only EE resistance
Not anymore. As of this thread, resisting the Hakai also counts as resisting the destruction of the soul, something every monster is capable of doing to Frisk whether it's Sans, Asgore, Undyne, Flowey, or even a freakin Froggit. While you are correct that Sans' soul poison can still effect Frieza, it CAN'T kill him as stated here...
  • KARMA: Whatever is struck by one of Sans's attacks will suffer from this condition, for a brief period. It essentially functions as poison damage for one's SOUL. KARMA cannot exceed 40 and also cannot cause the protagonist's HP to fall below one, with the more KARMA damage is built up, the faster it drains.
So how can Sans get Frieza's HP below one if he now resists an attack that not just shatters- but downright destroys the soul?

Never got the chance to reply to this but anyway... How is this not Soul Destruction?
undertale-soul.gif
Better question, when have i said that it wasn't? I said that what freeza resisted is completely different from what sans does

Also one thing I don't get is that whenever Sans is put against an opponent that resists Soul Manipulation, it's a stomp.
It shouldn't and whoever says that it is is wrong, that depends on the type of the resistance

Now that Frieza has gained a resistance to Soul Manipulation, the match is still valid? That doesn't seem to add up.
The people who say it for every soul resistance are wrong, simple as that

Not anymore. As of this thread, resisting the Hakai also counts as resisting the destruction of the soul, something every monster is capable of doing to Frisk whether it's Sans, Asgore, Undyne, Flowey, or even a freakin Froggit.
you know that i aknowledged this already right? It soul erasure, it destroying the soul via EE, what the undertale people do is attack the soul directly and destroy it with AP, something completely different then what hakai does, being "destruction" is very broad and doesn't mean much in this, does resisting deconstruction allows you to resist getting destroyed by superior AP? seriously, how is this difficult to understand? The hax are doing different things to reach a different result, therefore resisting one method doesn't make you resist the other methods

While you are correct that Sans' soul poison can still effect Frieza, it CAN'T kill him as stated here...
  • KARMA: Whatever is struck by one of Sans's attacks will suffer from this condition, for a brief period. It essentially functions as poison damage for one's SOUL. KARMA cannot exceed 40 and also cannot cause the protagonist's HP to fall below one, with the more KARMA damage is built up, the faster it drains.
Because sans ignores durability even without the soul thing, that is how he killed flowey, a souless being, multiple times, and also shown when he ignores frisk's armor and defense stat in their battle, why do you think he is the only one who didn't got affected by the soul hax downgrade crt for the verse?

So how can Sans get Frieza's HP below one if he now resists an attack that not just shatters- but downright destroys the soul?
Does resisting deconstruction makes you resist a normal punch from someone 10000000x stronger thab you? Because that is the difference between what hakai is and what sans does

Frieza has to Resist Soul Destruction, Soul Poison and Status Effect Inducement in a physical way to survive Sans

Back