• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Versus Thread Removal Requests 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heaven Ascension Dio vs. Zeno

People have claimed that Dio always Time-Stops in character, at the beginning of the battle, and since his time-stop is thought-based, he would be able to do so before Zeno would erase him, and thus reality- warp him away in stopped time and win the battle.

This is only half-true: Canon Dio does. Heaven Ascension Dio, who is the one fighting here, doesn't. He almost never uses time-stop in Eyes of Heaven.

HA Dio never used time-stop once in the cutscenes, not even after getting serious. In gameplay, he does use it... But only for "teleporting" around, and then (after the time-stop ends) shooting lightning bolts at the opponent.

Now, let's counter some possible counter-arguments:

"Dio didn't use time-stop only because he was against the Joestars, who had prior knowledge on, and because he was cocky"

• While this doesn't seem far of a stretch to say, even after Jotaro was able to replicate Dio's Reality-Warping abilities (which made Dio panic, at least at the beginning), something he never expected to happen, he still didn't go full time-stop spam like in the manga. He didn't even use it when he couldn't use Reality overwrite anymore, and when he was about to Dio because of Jotaro, which takes me onto my next point:
"Dio didn't use time-stop against Jotaro because he knew that Jotaro could already move in his frozen time"

• This is never stated in the game, and even if the Dio that became HA Dio defeated Jotaro in his world, we don't know how. Besides, in the manga, even after Dio understood that Jotaro could move in frozen time, he still relied on time-stop a lot to fight against Jotaro, something which HA Dio didn't.
"Dio also has Soul Manipulation, Mind Manipulation/Corruption, and BFR, which he could defeat Zeno with"

• Mind Manipulation/Corruption requires Dio to generate some sort of mist and for it to go onto the target, which he won't be able to do since Zeno's erasure is far faster than this whole process. Same thing with Soul Manipulation, which can also be activated by touching the target with TWoH's fists, but again, this isn't quick enough to prevent Zeno's erasure. As for BFR, yes, Dio doesn't need to touch the opponent for this one, but it isn't something he starts with, but rather a something that he used once to lead the Joastars into a trap, and he probably planned to do so before actually fighting with them. Even if Dio used BFR on Zeno, I doubt it would be faster than the latter's erasure. not necessarily slower, but maybe just as fast, so it would result in an inconclusive
And this is why I believe that the match should be removed from both profiles:

This is a long time coming:

Beatrice (Wild Arms) vs. Reinhard Heydrich

The matched was made under two incorrect assumptions:

• That Reinhard has 1-A mindhax resistance on the profile (Note: There is a possibility that Reinhard actually does have this resistance, I have gathered some evidence for it, but it isn't on the profile and was only told by ALRF since at the time IWKBey wasn't translated)
  • Reinhard can't kill higher-dimensional beings with his spear because of a spatial difference. This is not true as Reinhard was able to effect Gudou God Marie (1-A being) by opening a hole in the Twilight Beach, which is a realm beyond the reach of the Throne (1-A artifact)
Since Reinhard as of right now doesn't have the mind resistance to stop Beatrice's mindhax, she stomps him into the ground.

And if Reinhard gets such a resistance accepted in his page, then he would stomp Beatrice by just killing her with his spear.

So it's a stomp either way, and the match should be removed from both profiles:

Monika's matches vs Vecna and Magnus the Red are absolutely stomps. Vecna can't die by anything she has to offer, Magnus has Daemon levels of immortality alongside Acausality Type 5 so she literally cannot touch them.

Horrible stomps.

Yogiri Takatou vs. Thunder McQuee

If Yogiri starts with instant death (like the debaters seem to imply), Highway to Hell ain't doing jack about it.

1) McQueen's Stand can only replicate damage, not something as abstract as "death", especially if this thing can kill inanimate objects and abstract entities and non-entities. Oh, and it can apparently also erase the target from existence.

2) The profile lists this feat:

• Yogiri subconsciously killed a demon lord along with his passive miasma (Which would have killed Yogiri).
And this ability:

• Instant Death: Instant Death is Yogiri's ability to kill anything with a single thought (Although he usually says something like "die" along with it, it's actually stated and shown to be thought based on multiple occasions). Yogiri can also sense any hostility directed at him or his allies and use that to track enemies he cannot see, predict their movements/thought patterns, and instantly kill them.
If I'm understanding this correctly, then what stops Yogiri from just sensing and killing Highway to Hell first before targeting McQueen? or just even killing McQueen with a methid that the STand is clearly unable to replicate?

I very much doubt that Highway to hell could do anything about this.

Cthulhu vs Popeye

The first VS match I participated in, and it's still just as shitty reasoning a year and a half later. For whatever reason, Cthulhu's Mind Manipulation was considered far more powerful than it has ever been shown to be, was wanked to be a instantaneous ability which causes people to automatically kill themselves, and the concept of incap on either side was never mentioned once. Even ignoring that the entire outcome of the match was based on wank and nonsense, Popeye's recent upgrades make this outdated either way.

@DMB I think HTH just replicates the end result of whatever occurs to it's user. While it can only transfer physical damage if the end result is death of it's user it transfer's that to whoever killed them.

I think the matchup is fine.

You ignored a lot of points there, and your proof of it reflecting death despite it not even being implied once needs proof.

Pretty much every1 in the thread agreed that HTH can replicate hax.

Yogiri instant deathing HTH itself wasn't discussed at length which is a bit weird.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Pretty much every1 in the thread agreed that HTH can replicate hax.
Yogiri instant deathing HTH itself wasn't discussed at length which is a bit weird.
It was agreed based on absolutely nothing.

And it's a huge NLF for HTH to be able to replicate THAT level of Death Manipulation, especially when Yogiri can kill HTH itself. A point which wasn't discussed since apparently, people prefer to just write "Inconclusive FRA" rather than fully reading profiles

Yobo Blue said:
Cthulhu vs Popeye

The first VS match I participated in, and it's still just as shitty reasoning a year and a half later. For whatever reason, Cthulhu's Mind Manipulation was considered far more powerful than it has ever been shown to be, was wanked to be a instantaneous ability which causes people to automatically kill themselves, and the concept of incap on either side was never mentioned once. Even ignoring that the entire outcome of the match was based on wank and nonsense, Popeye's recent upgrades make this outdated either way.
Bump.

Mercury vs Katsuragi ought to be removed.

Looking over it now I definitely let my bias at the time get the better of me. Merc has the range advantage and is far more skilled. Not to mention, while they both tend to job, Merc is far more brutal and would get serious quicker than Kat if he needed to. Really Kat's only advantage is versatility, which she rarely takes advantage of, and AP, which is minimal when considering how out-skilled she is.

I plan to. But first I want general consensus that it should be removed & redone.

I prefer to have it. If I've learned anything, it's that you don't want to piss off the Jojo fans.

That and I have like 3 matches already, so I don't know when I'll get around to remaking it. There's more than enough of a ground to remove it, so let's remove it first, then go from there.

I do understand your point, though.

..Good point.

My bad. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll remake it within... the next week, don't count on it.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Arrogant Schmuck said:
Reposting this from the previous thread:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2299413

Now that Reaper is over 4x stronger than Dio I'm not sure if this is still fair, especially considering Reaper's regen.
Bump
I'm PK and I approve this message.

Although neither are locked IIRC, so maybe we should just remove it.

Not really. It's just that putting someone whose only hax is time manip against someone with low-godly and resistance to time stuff was bound to be a bad idea.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Also rick's loss against the doctor is definitely a stomp now
I think Rick could have still won with his haxes; it was just harder for him to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back