• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Actually it's because Elon is a bitch and what he's allowed to fester on Twitter as well as politics interference (or something like that) is a big no no, and he refuses to back down. He's a chump, blame him for this crap.
I will be honest, I don't know a lot about the new politicians in power in Brazil. But some Brazilians and people who know about what's going on are telling me he's an authoritarian that has imprisoned his critics.

Either way, regardless of the reasons behind the politicians in Brazil, I will always oppose shutting down a website. Twitter is by all means, the equivalent of a public space due to how big it is. I don't agree with their censorship regardless of their reasoning. Their outrageous laws are preventing the access of million of their citizens towards a place where they can freely talk.

That and this in particular made me lose all faith that they're censoring Twitter for any good reason (I don't think there'll be one either way)
Because giving your citizens thousands of dollars in fines for browsing a website is indefensible no matter how you look at it.
Like, you'd be preventing citizens from just using Twitter like any other normal person. Imagine using a VPN to browse Twitter for, idk, memes and talking with friends, and then you get hit with this bigass fine (That from what I've been told it's unironically a bigger fine than doing more serious crimes lol)

I will be honest, I don't know a lot about the new politicians in power in Brazil. But some Brazilians and people who know about what's going on are telling me he's an authoritarian that has imprisoned his critics.
Maybe, but Elon being a big baby has been apart of this from what I've seen. It's likely both parties may are at fault for this, but again from what I've seen/heard, Elon's being a prick and making this harder for everyone.
Either way, regardless of the reasons behind the politicians in Brazil, I will always oppose shutting down a website. Twitter is by all means, the equivalent of a public space due to how big it is. I don't agree with their censorship regardless of their reasoning. Their outrageous laws are preventing the access of million of their citizens towards a place where they can freely talk.

That and this in particular made me lose all faith that they're censoring Twitter for any good reason (I don't think there'll be one either way)
Because giving your citizens thousands of dollars in fines for browsing a website is indefensible no matter how you look at it.
Like, you'd be preventing citizens from just using Twitter like any other normal person. Imagine using a VPN to browse Twitter for, idk, memes and talking with friends, and then you get hit with this bigass fine (That from what I've been told it's unironically a bigger fine than doing more serious crimes lol)

Oh but yeah over 8000 USD? That's crazy for the situation, for sure. From Brazilians that I've talked to in other places, that's something equivalent to over 30,000 Brazilian dollars??? Definitely overboard in that department.

Maybe, but Elon being a big baby has been apart of this from what I've seen. It's likely both parties may are at fault for this, but again from what I've seen/heard, Elon's being a prick and making this harder for everyone.
Yeah, I concede on that one, Elon likely had a big part of the blame, but I blame the politicians more. I mean, Twitter runs in the US and other countries just fine, I don't get why Brazil would need more censorship unless their government opposed free speech.
Oh but yeah over 8000 USD? That's crazy for the situation, for sure. From Brazilians that I've talked to in other places, that's something equivalent to over 30,000 Brazilian dollars??? Definitely overboard in that department.
Yeah, overboard, authoritarian even.

Brazillian twitter artists are actually in shambles rn

Also Brazil's judicial branch being a tool for political persecution isn't all that new. But this one may be enough to draw the ire of their population's younger generation and political parties. What is the benefit of going scorched earth here aside from pride-fueled censorship? That judge is setting himself up for failure on a plethora of fronts lmao.

I wonder if voting him out would even work? The thing about authoritarian governors is that you can vote them in, but you can't vote them out.

Also, a friend told me the US intervened to make the current Brazilian governor the current governor, is that true or is he being a schizo? Wouldn't be the first time we intervened in a foreign Latino country's elections.

I sure do hope the government will totally do good things with that many bucks! Surely, they will actually hire architects and build proper infrastructure instead of letting people live in favelas!!
Can y'all stop talking about politics and go back to funny powerscaling opinions?
I think we should scale Ichiban's schizo delusions. Trvst the plan Yakuzabros...

I sure do hope the government will totally do good things with that many bucks! Surely, they will actually hire architects and build proper infrastructure instead of letting people live in favelas!!

I think we should scale Ichiban's schizo delusions. Trvst the plan Yakuzabros...
6-C Yakuza characters because they can tank Ichiban's satellite lasers fr fr

As a Brazilian, didn't Elon do anything too much?

Man, it got to a level with the things that A was doing, that even people on the left and lawyers on the left (who were very much in favor of him) started to get scared of the things he was doing. It was even said by one that the VPN fine thing couldn't happen legally, but that doesn't even matter anymore.

The main complaint is "you have to have a legal representative in Brazil", but many companies here don't have that?

Twitch didn't have one for a long time and wasn't banned here.
I wonder if voting him out would even work? The thing about authoritarian governors is that you can vote them in, but you can't vote them out.

Also, a friend told me the US intervened to make the current Brazilian governor the current governor, is that true or is he being a schizo? Wouldn't be the first time we intervened in a foreign Latino country's elections.
The Brazilian population does not vote for members of the STF.

There's really no way we can do anything.

Actually it's because Elon is a bitch and what he's allowed to fester on Twitter as well as politics interference (or something like that) is a big no no, and he refuses to back down. He's a chump, blame him for this crap.
Not true lol, Alexandre de Moraes (that stoooopid judge) is arresting his political enemies since years ago, he tried to shutdown telegram some years ago cuz telegram didnt banned his political enemies, although telegram gave up and banned them so Alexandre de Moraes didnt banned Telegram.

However, his enemies were also using twitter so he tried to ban twitter, but Twitter refused so Alexandre de Moraes tried to persecute twitter's representatives, Elon didnt want that so he removed all representatives, and then, Alexandre banned Twitter cuz according to some stupid law, if something lacks an official representative it is not allowed in Brazil (although a lot of sh1ts here lacks representatives but NOBODY GIVES A FVKC, they only started to care about it when they noticed that they could persecute their enemies)

We have a lot of illegal gambling crаps here (with no official representative, ofc) and no politician nor Alexandre de Moraes gave a FVCK because nobody cares about it, anyways, they will never find me because i'm using Twitter from the middle of Amazon and my indigenous folks and jaguar pets are going to protect me

VEM ME PEGAR XANDÃO PORRA

3f227a301913a06a0de4f3e9d1a0a3c2ce9c1f547237cb5d0110984215edac3d_1.jpg

As a Brazilian, didn't Elon do anything too much?

Man, it got to a level with the things that A was doing, that even people on the left and lawyers on the left (who were very much in favor of him) started to get scared of the things he was doing. It was even said by one that the VPN fine thing couldn't happen legally, but that doesn't even matter anymore.

The main complaint is "you have to have a legal representative in Brazil", but many companies here don't have that?

Twitch didn't have one for a long time and wasn't banned here.

The Brazilian population does not vote for members of the STF.

There's really no way we can do anything.
That's sad.
I still have acess
You're gonna lose it if you're in Brazil bud (I didn't know you're Brazilian) like, the Twitter ban is a wave, it won't affect everyone instantly.
Not true lol, Alexandre de Moraes (that stoooopid judge) is arresting his political enemies since years ago, he tried to shutdown telegram some years ago cuz telegram didnt banned his political enemies, although telegram gave up and banned them so Alexandre de Moraes didnt banned Telegram.

However, his enemies were also using twitter so he tried to ban twitter, but Twitter refused so Alexandre de Moraes tried to persecute twitter's representatives, Elon didnt want that so he removed all representatives, and then, Alexandre banned Twitter cuz according to some stupid law, if something lacks an official representative it is not allowed in Brazil (although a lot of sh1ts here lacks representatives but NOBODY GIVES A FVKC, they only started to care about it when they noticed that they could persecute their enemies)

We have a lot of illegal gambling crаps here (with no official representative, ofc) and no politician nor Alexandre de Moraes gave a FVCK because nobody cares about it, anyways, they will never find me because i'm using Twitter from the middle of Amazon and my indigenous folks and jaguar pets are going to protect me

VEM ME PEGAR XANDÃO PORRA

3f227a301913a06a0de4f3e9d1a0a3c2ce9c1f547237cb5d0110984215edac3d_1.jpg
Be careful.

I wonder, how can the Brazilian government even detect thar you're using Twitter even if you're using a VPN? I don't know how vpns work

Either way, I know at least one Twitter friend who managed to bypass the Twitter ban but idk if he's going to get fined or how he did it because he's a tech guy

my unpopular opinion is the dbs anime should be considered canon to the anime (like GT) not the manga. While the DBS manga stays the "true" canon for DB, tho I'm not actually sure how unpopular this take is

Be careful.
Brazilian's justice took several years to find Nando Moura (a famous and public figure) when he was sued (by another famous figure), they will never find me nor the other million brazilians who are still using twitter cuz nothing ever happens
I wonder, how can the Brazilian government even detect thar you're using Twitter even if you're using a VPN? I don't know how vpns work
Either way, I know at least one Twitter friend who managed to bypass the Twitter ban but idk if he's going to get fined or how he did it because he's a tech guy
I mean, Twitter has no representative in Brazil anymore so they can't get informations lol, anyways, even if they detect that i'm using Twitter they can't do anything because our digital police sucks and they take several years to find PUBLIC AND FAMOUS FIGURES, let alone irrelevant randoms like me and others, ain't no way they're going to sue millions of us lol

Fs3L4XIXsAIx-LU.png

Practically impossible, but if Elon/X ever gives in to them, they can ask Twitter for user login information to see if they used a VPN, etc.

A lawyer explained more, but the explanation was more complicated and was in the X.

Brazilian's justice took several years to find Nando Moura (a famous and public figure) when he was sued (by another famous figure), they will never find me nor the other million brazilians who are still using twitter cuz nothing ever happens

I mean, Twitter has no representative in Brazil anymore so they can't get informations lol, anyways, even if they detect that i'm using Twitter they can't do anything because our digital police sucks and they take several years to find PUBLIC AND FAMOUS FIGURES, let alone irrelevant randoms like me and others, ain't no way they're going to sue millions of us lol

Fs3L4XIXsAIx-LU.png
BALKAN MENTIONED 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

Practically impossible, but if Elon/X ever gives in to them, they can ask Twitter for user login information to see if they used a VPN, etc.

A lawyer explained more, but the explanation was more complicated and was in the X.
I'll be honest, I don't think Twitter will rat out Brazilians due to Elon's harsh stances on free speech. So I guess the VPN thingy isn't trackable.
Bluesky is what I've heard be brought up
Can that site be used normally? Like, I am pretty it was invite only. I haven't checked.

how it feels to get posts on your profile about matches/threads that you clearly don't care about but can't reject since it's impolite
kamedwards.gif

vaporeon is cat,but made out of water,and its cute.
and flareon is an fire type,i don't think you need anymore explainations.
They would destroy the nature around them, especially Flareon. Personally? Mr. Mime would be cool, just don't make him a slave like Ash's mom does.
my unpopular opinion is the dbs anime should be considered canon to the anime (like GT) not the manga. While the DBS manga stays the "true" canon for DB, tho I'm not actually sure how unpopular this take is
Like DBZ Kai or the OG Anime?

Ngl Pokemon world as a whole has plot armor. Most statements we see in the pokedex get backed up by feats constantly with Slowbros lifting islands, Ground types destroying cities with earthquakes, a single ice type covering an entire chunk of France in a blizzard, half the mons being capable of just casually summoning rainstorms over entire cities and islands, sometimes as just their passive ability.
The fact that humans still have a civilization is only due to plot armor.

Back