• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

I remember like it was yesterday that my forum account was not approved because of this nonsense and I postponed joining the forum for another 6 or 8 months before asking AKM what caused this.
Yeah, the forum being so hard to get into is what makes me roll my eyes every time someone says "If you dislike something on VSBW, why don't you change it?"

I just watched season 3 of The Boys and man, it was so good. Though it could have had a few improvements. I must say that Soldier boy wasn't that good of a character. Like, he is way too ruthless, an asshole for barely any reason, and he doesn't care for anything, so he's hard to gain sympathy towards. Like, if we were shown that he was empathy for anyone, cares or protects anyone, I would have had more sympathy for him. But he just abused and killed others very ruthlessly for barely any reason. Not my cup of tea. That being said, he is funny. And he is better than Stormfront, man, Stormfront was an incredibly awful villainess, like, he was a bit funny due to how outrageous she is, but she felt too plain. Soldier boy felt more human, maybe because I felt he talked about more things other than racism. Like, Stormfront felt like a caricature of a person. She makes me reconsider dating cute girls that hate me and my whole race, I don't think I'd truly like such caricatures of people likes Nazis and shit. Speaking of racism, is it me or Mother's Milk calling Soldier boy a racist when they fought him came out of nowhere? I mean, he probably is since he was unfrozen from the old times. I think he was from the 80s or something, I don't know, I didn't check the chronological ages, but it was from the black and white TV times so he must have been pretty racist. Anyway, that scene would have had more impact if Soldier Boy was more racist, Like, maybe I am missing something, but I didn't understand that he was racist from what the show showed. Oh, and I was fully expecting to like the character, that he'd be a literally me character, but he doesn't have enough flaws to be literally me.

Either way, I must say that Maeve's character development was kino, and she even lost her powers like she wanted to. I am happy for her. Oh, and I am quite sad about what happened to Black Noir, Homelander did him dirty. But I liked his death scene, with the cartoon animals and all. Quite endearing. Homelander was quite good too, that scene at the end with Ryan was amazing. Now he knows he can get away with anything. Ah, and I must say that I hate that soyboy that's cucking Mother's milk, I hope he dies. I should say that I don't like Starlight, something about her makes me dislike her. I liked Butcher and Hughie.

I hope the future seasons maintain the same quality or get even better. 8/10 season.

Either way, I must say that Maeve's character development was kino, and she even lost her powers like she wanted to. I am happy for her. Oh, and I am quite sad about what happened to Black Noir, Homelander did him dirty. But I liked his death scene, with the cartoon animals and all. Quite endearing. Homelander was quite good too, that scene at the end with Ryan was amazing. Now he knows he can get away with anything. Ah, and I must say that I hate that soyboy that's cucking Mother's milk, I hope he dies. I should say that I don't like Starlight, something about her makes me dislike her. I liked Butcher and Hughie.

I hope the future seasons maintain the same quality or get even better. 8/10 season.
It has been an eternity since I saw season 3, I don't even remember the stuff you mentioned about Maeve & Black Noir. I need to check that stuff out. It sounds moderately interesting.
Question for any folks here who might know: As of the end of Season 4Is Maeve still powerless? What were the circumstances of it?

Oh, and I am quite sad about what happened to Black Noir.
me-too-kid.gif

I mean, the Japanese Gov did warn the country about a potential catastrophic earthquake that has the potential to cause destruction across 30% of all of Japan like, 2 weeks ago.

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.
I didn't know about that. I said as a joke since no current manga seems to be interesating with the exception of Tower Dungeon

Great manga. I started it out of no where and its def one of my favorites now

I migh revise the profiles someday, but the scaling of this verse is beyond weird
God speed to you. I considered doing it myself but pre Last Order is such a slog to go through again I just gave up

King Dedede and Goro Majima are the same guy

hear me out

They both wear upperwear that reveals their chest
They are both funny and a bit goofy
They both like using a signature weapon that they can slam people with
They have a rivalry with Kirby and Kiryu. Kiryu and Kirby have a 1 letter and position difference. Coincidence? I think NOT!
They have minions who respect them even if they are assholes to them
Both seem like jackasses but on the inside have a heart of gold
Finally, we haven't seen Dedede and Majima in the same room together.
Dedede = Majima and Kirby = Kiryu confirmed, no debunks available.

Twitter has just been banned in Brazil. I contacted some of my friends, and they confirmed that they have recently lost access to Twitter due to a ban.

Thank god
I know it's a joke, and you're joking because Twitter bad or whatever, but to be clear, this ban is extremely authoritarian, one of the worst cases of violation of freedom of speech in the modern times. Millions of innocent users won't be capable of using the website that they liked to use solely because they're from Brazil. I don't think people should lose the privilege to access a website just because they're from a certain country. They should have a choice to use Twitter or not, the government shouldn't impede that.

I know it's a joke, and you're joking because Twitter bad or whatever, but to be clear, this ban is extremely authoritarian, one of the worst cases of violation of freedom of speech in the modern times. Millions of innocent users won't be capable of using the website that they liked to use solely because they're from Brazil. I don't think people should lose the privilege to access a website just because they're from a certain country. They should have a choice to use Twitter or not, the government shouldn't impede that.
Actually it's because Elon is a bitch and what he's allowed to fester on Twitter as well as politics interference (or something like that) is a big no no, and he refuses to back down. He's a chump, blame him for this crap.

It's mostly horrible because it was a centralized source of news or complaints about something (like criticizing public figures)

Now people have spread to bluesky/kookie and some have gone to threads, some creating an account each. It was very decentralized.

It gets a little worse since we are here during municipal elections.

It's tragically funny how the fine for using VPN to access "X" is 50 thousand reais a day (8911 dollars) while a recent case in which a guy ran over a mother and daughter (the daughter died) and to get out of prison he just had to pay 1500 reais in bail (267 dollars)

Back