• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Can you put your Prominence description in Terraria terms? Terraria is like, the only game I've ever played, I never touched Baldur's gate or Diablo
In a nutshell, spawn in the world > go build house (optional) > go caves or villages > find gold chests > get accessory (Hermes boot, Cobalt shield, etc...)> get armor > fight boss > get their soul thingies > build stronger weapons > modify the weapons by spending all of your limestones on an anvil > get a legendary modifier > fight more bosses > get a mount (because **** it) > fly around the world with the mount > find the 12 somehow different eyes that all require different things (Some in tombs, chests, villager trade, etc...) > go to end > wtf what happened to the ender dragon arena > pray you can win against the ender dragon > win > go to the nether for whatever reason > fight the literal world ender > get one shot, becuz he's bs > fight the more stronger bosses > suffering > repeat.

I gave you a very basic, nutshell breakdown of one of the ways of what could happen.

Now, a normal explaintion. For starters, you know how terraria has modifiers for items? Like Menacing, Warding, Hasty, etc...? Well, weapons have those here, altho there is more stats now (IIRC)

Additionally, like terraria, a lot of the good weapons are hidden behind the materials that bosses drops.

There is also an accessory/artifact system, which is similar to terraria's. Look around the world, find a chest, get an accessory (IIRC the modpack has huge similarities to terraria when it comes the artifact system). Said accessory can speed you up if you keep walking, cool. Other accessory removes fire damage (I think it was literally called Obsidian Skull, just like in terraria).

The weapons are also very fantasy-like. One of the weapons was just straight up wukong's staff. It has 3 abilities, one of them was litearlly just making invulnerable for a while, with you not being able to do anything. Thing is, you can use it when you are falling, so it is pretty good to prevent that, and it also has whirlwind modes and stuff.

Overall, the modpack honestly has taken things from both Baldur's gate/Diablo3, and Terraria in a way. I think you'd get used to it, honestly, as someone who played terraria a lot, the modpack isn't that confusing. I think it was the first modpack I played when I got my new laptop (This is like, a year or two of not playing modded minecraft), and Prominence was pretty chill, you can just do whatever you want, follow the quests for rewards, or just go to caves, villages, etc... to get artifacts and see what is good or not.

It is fun, really, and there is no tech stuff that is going mess with your brain or anything. Just pure fantasy, and bosses.

Last edited:
Raven you really fvcking suck, you know that? How hard is it to not be a piece of shit and just say “oh wow I didn’t know that, let me stop putting my dog at risk”.
Because I did? Which is why I said I take the meat of the bone 99% of the time. That 1% being quite literally nothing to eat. And I only allow it because I know this dog in particular knows how to eat them safely.
Like how fragile is your ego that you need to insist upon being right to the point of potentially harming animals that depend on their owners for their livelihood. You’re genuinely an awful human being if your gut instinct to finding out you’re putting a dog in potential danger is to shelter your own fragile ego. 🖕
You don't even come to these threads, but you did just to tell me this. So **** off you mongrel

In a nutshell, spawn in the world > go build house (optional) > go caves or villages > find gold chests > get accessory (Hermes boot, Cobalt shield, etc...)> get armor > fight boss > get their soul thingies > build stronger weapons > modify the weapons by spending all of your limestones on an anvil > get a legendary modifier > fight more bosses > get a mount (because **** it) > fly around the world with the mount > find the 12 somehow different eyes that all require different things (Some in tombs, chests, villager trade, etc...) > go to end > wtf what happened to the ender dragon arena > pray you can win against the ender dragon > win > go to the nether for whatever reason > fight the literal world ender > get one shot, becuz he's bs > fight the more stronger bosses > suffering > repeat.

I gave you a very basic, nutshell breakdown of one of the ways of what could happen.

Now, a normal explaintion. For starters, you know how terraria has modifiers for items? Like Menacing, Warding, Hasty, etc...? Well, weapons have those here, altho there is more stats now (IIRC)

Additionally, like terraria, a lot of the good weapons are hidden behind the materials that bosses drops.

There is also an accessory/artifact system, which is similar to terraria's. Look around the world, find a chest, get an accessory (IIRC the modpack has huge similarities to terraria when it comes the artifact system). Said accessory can speed you up if you keep walking, cool. Other accessory removes fire damage (I think it was literally called Obsidian Skull, just like in terraria).

The weapons are also very fantasy-like. One of the weapons was just straight up wukong's staff. It has 3 abilities, one of them was litearlly just making invulnerable for a while, with you not being able to do anything. Thing is, you can use it when you are falling, so it is pretty good to prevent that, and it also has whirlwind modes and stuff.

Overall, the modpack honestly has taken things from both Baldur's gate/Diablo3, and Terraria in a way. I think you'd get used to it, honestly, as someone who played terraria a lot, the modpack isn't that confusing. I think it was the first modpack I played when I got my new laptop (This is like, a year or two of not playing modded minecraft), and Prominence was pretty chill, you can just do whatever you want, follow the quests for rewards, or just go to caves, villages, etc... to get artifacts and see what is good or not.

It is fun, really, and there is no tech stuff that is going mess with your brain or anything. Just pure fantasy, and bosses.
rC2MSDX.png

Hopefully you'll enjoy it. I remember the first time I played it quite a while ago (7-8 months?), and I had a lot of fun with it.

Optionally you can add shaders like Complementary Reimagined, which honestly made the world look way more beautiful and fits into the vibe. Albeit it comes with the price of your fps getting destroyed, and your cpu temperature rising to the heavens.

Because I did? Which is why I said I take the meat of the bone 99% of the time. That 1% being quite literally nothing to eat. And I only allow it because I know this dog in particular knows how to eat them safely.

You don't even come to these threads, but you did just to tell me this. So **** off you mongrel
ok but name all 5 members of the godhand though

Hey Bambu, odd to ask, but do you have any pet peeves or rants about anything? Something like a game or a book or something?

just sticking to the thread idea
I think it's ******* criminal how often I see discussion directly reference Terry Pratchett's works, often down to quoting the guy, and yet he's reasonably far down the list in terms of the bestselling fantasy authors of all time.

I see Discworld referenced more than Harry Potter and Game of Thrones combined. The word of mouth value for the series is ludicrous. And every single time it gets referenced, you awaken dozens of sleeper agents who then continue the reference below it.

Discworld should be number two, right under Lord of the Rings, and third ain't even close.

Huh, so that's where the world balancing stuff comes from. Honestly, it looks interesting, might check it out sooner or later. Cool that I've just now learned of this series.

Huh, so that's where the world balancing stuff comes from. Honestly, it looks interesting, might check it out sooner or later. Cool that I've just now learned of this series.
The world on the back of elephants who in turn stand on the back of a giant turtle is a creation of mythology, although The Great A'tuin is a notable contemporary example of it.

Now, I'll refrain from going ham on Discworld discussion, as unfortunately I can talk about it at great lengths with little interest from the room.

I think mayo works on certain things very well and goes well if you combined it.
I used to think mayo + ketchup was nasty but then I tried it on fries and it worked surprisingly well. Ketchup by itself was too sour and mayo by itself was a bit too bland. Combined though they essentially covered the weakness of the other and made a very good combo to dip fries in.
Additionally I think mayo works really well on basic macaroni if you don't have any sauce to add and it works incredibly well with vegetables.

Honestly sometimes I just eat fries by themselves, no condiments at all. But only if they're crispy and are actually good on their own.
On the topic of fries this is very obvious but chick fil a waffle fries will always reign supreme

Honestly sometimes I just eat fries by themselves, no condiments at all. But only if they're crispy and are actually good on their own.
On the topic of fries this is very obvious but chick fil a waffle fries will always reign supreme
we don't have chick fil a and I usually don't hit up fast food joints either. I just get a burger from burger king every once in a blue moon and maybe some fries.

Lately I've been cooking with my Dad actually. Ended up learning how y'all americans make your pancakes, I made some pie and some pretty wacky types of dishes. T'was pretty fun ngl.

we don't have chick fil a and I usually don't hit up fast food joints either. I just get a burger from burger king every once in a blue moon and maybe some fries.
One: That's criminal, man you gotta get some chick fil a eventually. Consider that the newest addition to your bucket list.
Two: No offense but 98% of Burger King's menu is mid to me.
Lately I've been cooking with my Dad actually. Ended up learning how y'all americans make your pancakes, I made some pie and some pretty wacky types of dishes. T'was pretty fun ngl.
Yeah cooking is a pretty fun activity, sometimes a little hard though.

Yeah cooking is a pretty fun activity, sometimes a little hard though.
thanks to consistent cooking I finally stopped being annoyed by washing dishes. Before it was an extremely annoying chore for me to do every time I cooked anything but now it just feels like a normal part of every day stuff.
Then there's the fact that I now can just make snacks whenever I want. Like I could probably go and figure out how to make cookies real quick and make some.

I haven't learnt how to do a lot of baking stuff yet. Well, I technically know how to make muffins, but that's about it.
I'm going to learn more about it because I do really love it I just forget to do it

I haven't learnt how to do a lot of baking stuff yet. Well, I technically know how to make muffins, but that's about it.
I'm going to learn more about it because I do really love it I just forget to do it
I ought to try and make muffins.
I considered making apple fritters but then it turned out that you need a deep frier for that

oh shit now I have a vicious apple fritter craving
hopefully this'll blow over when I wake up from my nap. if not I'm traveling on foot to a bakery in europe

After beating Symphony of the Night, I have to say, Hollow Knight is kind of a poor metroidvania. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but for what it tries to be? I don't know, it's just not as smooth and feels too disconnected.
Team Cherry didn't follewed a pattern and they even refused to call Hollow Knight a metroidvania before the release. Its a very unique game by itself.

For me it was the opposite. I was already excited about the game after a YouTuber I like made a video about it. I bought it, played it and after about 15 hours I stopped. I thought it was boring.

Back