• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Subnautica is an amazing game but that one part where you have to go into the Aurora to repair the breaches is so annoying. I was lucky I was overprepared because you NEED to overprepare for it. You really just go just barely evading the Reaper only to realize you need a gravigun not to mention the freaking fact that there's fire and molten iron everywhere and, oh boy, there's 24 hours before the aurora has a massive radiation leak and your entire maps gets irradiated (does it? I ain't sure, seems so). I used up several batteries exploring the place, had to scour for food and drink, the place was dangerous to traverse. They made it too big of a jump from just chilling on your seaglide to having basically every tool you have in your inventory.

Another issue I have with the game is the habitat building. The system is...broken. I added two more sections to my habitat and they were, still don't get why, unconnected to the main section. Result? Hull weakness and damage in my original habitat...that is unconnected to the ones I built. Basically, unless you build it further away on another baseline, you're gonna have bs like this.

Otherwise it is a great game, go play it, make sure to go near the aurora immediately, specifically behind it, for a special surprise.

kirby planet robobot was really fun
i like how HAL subverted the trope of dedede getting possessed by bad guy force to fight kirby and just did it with meta knight instead, dedede surviving the main antagonist possession strays!!! too bad he gets shmucked in later games anyways, but it was fun while it lasted

Subnautica is an amazing game but that one part where you have to go into the Aurora to repair the breaches is so annoying. I was lucky I was overprepared because you NEED to overprepare for it. You really just go just barely evading the Reaper only to realize you need a gravigun not to mention the freaking fact that there's fire and molten iron everywhere and, oh boy, there's 24 hours before the aurora has a massive radiation leak and your entire maps gets irradiated (does it? I ain't sure, seems so). I used up several batteries exploring the place, had to scour for food and drink, the place was dangerous to traverse. They made it too big of a jump from just chilling on your seaglide to having basically every tool you have in your inventory.

Another issue I have with the game is the habitat building. The system is...broken. I added two more sections to my habitat and they were, still don't get why, unconnected to the main section. Result? Hull weakness and damage in my original habitat...that is unconnected to the ones I built. Basically, unless you build it further away on another baseline, you're gonna have bs like this.

Otherwise it is a great game, go play it, make sure to go near the aurora immediately, specifically behind it, for a special surprise.
Any part of Subnautica is better than the entirety of Below Zero.

Subnautica was alright, I have crippling thalassophobia.

I mean, yeah, neither of them are any good, the Dem Party's whole thing is pretty much just "slightly superior to the other guy because we do nothing instead of making things worse."
Kamala Harris could've gotten Beyonce to sing Freedom, but nah let's bring Megan Thee Stallion to perform a song about how sexy she is and how she likes getting eaten out while twerking simultaneously.

I just saw Megan Thee Stallion perform a song primarily about sex and shake ass at a presidential rally...
i-wanna-die-kill-me-now.gif

Kamala Harris could've gotten Beyonce to sing Freedom, but nah let's bring Megan Thee Stallion to perform a song about how sexy she is and how she likes getting eaten out while twerking simultaneously.
I am not the type a guy to mention idiocracy in every socio-political conversation but from what I know of it there is a resemblance

if your face gets ****** up by like, a chimpanzee
Me after the chimpanzee once again finds it's way into the streets of (I'm not saying what state or city I live in but it's a concrete jungle almost) and maims my face before escaping to the shadows again
berserk-guts.gif

Me after the chimpanzee once again finds it's way into the streets of (I'm not saying what state or city I live in but it's a concrete jungle almost) and maims my face before escaping to the shadows again
berserk-guts.gif
Monkeman, would you rather have to fight a chicken every time you opened a door or fight an orangutan with a sword at the start of every year?

Wait @SlendVeny how would the orangutan start the fight? Would it just appear at a random time at the start of the year to fight me? What if I'm sleep, does it just take advantage and kill me?

Wait @SlendVeny how would the orangutan start the fight? Would it just appear at a random time at the start of the year to fight me? What if I'm sleep, does it just take advantage and kill me?
It would appear outside at the very beginning of the year and make its way toward you. It has a perfect knowledge of your location.

Back