• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Moving back to media opinions:

Spongebob Squarepants is extremely overrated as a character and a show. He/it is about on par with that show "The Loud House".

Rugrats and Fairly Oddparents are the far better and more interesting Nickelodeon cartoons and series to me.
I refuse to ever give Rugrats anything because that art style is an actual eyesore

Moving back to media opinions:

Spongebob Squarepants is extremely overrated as a character and a show. He/it is about on par with that show "The Loud House".

Rugrats and Fairly Oddparents are the far better and more interesting Nickelodeon cartoons and series to me.
Bro, say what you want about Spongebob (modern Spongebob is pretty cancerous admittedly), but comparing it to The Loud House is crazy.
Loud House is absolute ass cheeks

Ice spice overrated asf. Her music is just party rave twerk to type stuff. Shes not gonna be relevant next year.
Overrated, yes.
She's definitely going to be relevant next year. She's an industry plant, so she'll stay relevant.
Everyone said this after she dropped Munch, but then bam she dropped Boy's a Liar pt.2 with PinkPantheress, and two songs with Nicki Minaj.
The industry is going to continue to use her because she's VERYY palatable and marketable. That's how Industry Plants work

Fun fact: The longest fan fiction and literary media ever made is currently The Loud House: Revamped having 35,122,100 words, the next closest piece of media is another fanfiction called The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest which is a smash bros fan fic which is around 4.1 million words.
cowboy-bebop-bebop.gif

Bro, say what you want about Spongebob (modern Spongebob is pretty cancerous admittedly), but comparing it to The Loud House is crazy.
Loud House is absolute ass cheeks
I don't care much for Loud House... but I just find the show's art style to be more appealing to me than Spongebob's.

But yeah I couldn't think up of any other show that's mediocre to compare Spongebob to.

I mean saying "hell no" is the equivalent of saying congrats here, right?
Well whatever works for you I guess.

Anyways I never really found Spongebob's character design to be appealing. I find him to be a rather mediocre pop cultural icon and cartoon character. Never really got into this show nor cared for it. I never really liked his fanbase too much either.

And I hate how he's practically the only thing Nickelodeon ever seems to be about these days.

Is it something about new Spongebob or did you always dislike the show?
Yeah, I never really got into his show (you can partially blame that on the lack of cable on my end).

Watched like maybe one episode over two decades ago on my flight back from my trip to Paris and thought it was decent or okay at first.

But years after years especially in junior high, I began to find him coming off as being grossly overrated. Sometimes I can't stand some segments of the fanbase and overall I just never found his series or character too interesting and fun for me and could never understand why this many people are obsessed with this long-running series when there are like thousands of far better and more appealing and interesting cartoons out there in my opinion that haven't overstayed their welcome.

tl;dr I just think he's overrated and not nearly as special or great as a series as everyone else makes it out to be. And I always saw Rugrats as the true face of Nickelodeon for me.

Either way Cartoon Network is superior.
Bangers like Chowder, Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time, etc. clap anything that Nick has made outside of seasons 1-4 Spongebob
Though admittedly I never cared for shows like Dexter's Lab (again, only popular because the mom is caked up and caked out) and Ed Edd N Eddy (which isn't bad or anything but I just don't care about it).

Tons of popular american cartoons have turned me away from them before due to the amount of nasty stuff. I don't get the need for that ngl. America could've done more shows like Avatar or Teen Titans. When I was a kid my parents were very protective of what I watched and I started avoiding watching stuff by myself as well for a bit (then I got my hands on youtube and at this points my parents stopped caring) (their protectiveness saved me from potentially becoming a brony cause my mom called me out for trying to watch a cartoon for girls when I was like 10).
Long story to explain my background, but usually I'd end up avoiding stuff like Gumball and Adventure time cause I found them to be weird and nasty. I was curious but kept myself away. Then I saw a glimpse of some episode from Teen titans playing on a tv without sound in some barber shop and that stuff caught my mind like never before. I think if they make more cartoons like that they'll succeed. Ik there's been stuff of the sort coming out but a lot of them end up being remakes or spin offs of an existing franchise.

Tons of popular american cartoons have turned me away from them before due to the amount of nasty stuff. I don't get the need for that ngl. America could've done more shows like Avatar or Teen Titans. When I was a kid my parents were very protective of what I watched and I started avoiding watching stuff by myself as well for a bit (then I got my hands on youtube and at this points my parents stopped caring) (their protectiveness saved me from potentially becoming a brony cause my mom called me out for trying to watch a cartoon for girls when I was like 10).
I'm pretty sure your mother is old fashioned, though I'm not going to elaborate on that since it's your mother and I shouldn't speak on people's parents
Long story to explain my background, but usually I'd end up avoiding stuff like Gumball and Adventure time cause I found them to be weird and nasty. I was curious but kept myself away. Then I saw a glimpse of some episode from Teen titans playing on a tv without sound in some barber shop and that stuff caught my mind like never before. I think if they make more cartoons like that they'll succeed. Ik there's been stuff of the sort coming out but a lot of them end up being remakes or spin offs of an existing franchise.
Because Adventure Time is based on absurdism. I'm not going to comment on Gumball because it did get gross at times, but take it from someone who watched Adventure Time, it doesn't rely on gross out humor at all. As with most animated series, it starts off simple, but as it goes on it tells more emotional and character driven stories that makes it one of the greats. Same with Regular Show (except that one has stories explicitly based off of drugs going by one of the original short works), it starts of simple but then becomes grand.

I think your limited view of the television world has stunted your ideas on what western animation has to offer when it comes to its TV shows.

Either way Cartoon Network is superior.
Bangers like Chowder, Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time, etc. clap anything that Nick has made outside of seasons 1-4 Spongebob
Though admittedly I never cared for shows like Dexter's Lab (again, only popular because the mom is caked up and caked out) and Ed Edd N Eddy (which isn't bad or anything but I just don't care about it).
You'll hear absolutely zero argument or dispute from me there, my friend.

Cartoon Network will always be the superior channel to Nicktoons.

I think your limited view of the television world has stunted your ideas on what western animation has to offer when it comes to its TV shows.
I was talking of the past dum dum. I now know that Gumball is peak and that apparently AT has some mad lore and story. Doesn't mean that I appreciate the gross stuff. I still think western animation could benefit from a more avatar-esque style series... Or at least clone wars style.

I was talking of the past dum dum. I now know that Gumball is peak and that apparently AT has some mad lore and story.
Oh my bad, I read that wrong. Glad you appreciate the stories now, though I wished CN didn't drown it in the myriad airing of shows like TTG.
Doesn't mean that I appreciate the gross stuff. I still think western animation could benefit from a more avatar-esque style series... Or at least clone wars style.
I never got into Clone Wars, or Avatar for that matter. I've tried to watch the latter on Netflix, but I usually get burnt out before reaching book 2.

She's probably gonna be forgotten in 6 months. Just gonna be seen as another clown trying to get by by using their body for clout.
Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh/rude, but it's accurate.
We've said that for so many female rappers but they're still topping the charts years after they blew up.

Fun fact: The longest fan fiction and literary media ever made is currently The Loud House: Revamped having 35,122,100 words, the next closest piece of media is another fanfiction called The Subspace Emissary's Worlds Conquest which is a smash bros fan fic which is around 4.1 million words.
The fact that I know this is sad.

Isn't the main character in The Loud House fanfic a self-insert?

Jimmy Neutron? Danny Phantom? Seasons 1-6 of Fairly OddParents?

Don't get me wrong, I think CN is overall the superior network, but to say those shows in particular clap the last 3 shows I mentioned is crazy.

Honestly I'm mad that I didn't really watch Adventure Time when I was younger
Hot take: Adventure Time is overrated and not as good as Gumball and Regular Show. It gets boring when they start lore dumping halfway through its run. Plus, some of the characters are annoying as all hell.

Jimmy Neutron? Danny Phantom? Seasons 1-6 of Fairly OddParents?

Don't get me wrong, I think CN is overall the superior network, but to say those shows in particular clap the last 3 shows I mentioned is crazy.
To be quite honest I forgot those shows lol
I don't even wanna hear about Fairly OddParents... It's sad how much they butchered that series..

Back