• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Rappers should just stick to making beats because the instrumental version of their songs are infinitely better than whatever they're mumbling. Though from what I've heard they have somebody else producing those tunes for them, they just sing the lyrics. What I'm trying to figure out is why would you make the most divine beat that a human ear will ever experience, and then lend it over to a guy who's gonna probably shout something like "AY YUH I GOT UZIS IN THE BACK AND BITCHES ON THE FRONT" over it.

Rappers should just stick to making beats because the instrumental version of their songs are infinitely better than whatever they're mumbling. Though from what I've heard they have somebody else producing those tunes for them, they just sing the lyrics. What I'm trying to figure out is why would you make the most divine beat that a human ear will ever experience, and then lend it over to a guy who's gonna probably shout something like "AY YUH I GOT UZIS IN THE BACK AND BITCHES ON THE FRONT" over it.
I wish MF Doom was still around.

I wish MF Doom was still around.
R.I.P. to the ILLEST VILLAIN.
90s stuff was probably where rap peaked but Mike Shinoda remains my favorite.
I think 80s West Coast was the peak of the genre. It gave rise to many oldschool legends that would go on to heavily influence the artists of the 90s, as well as remarkable artists that we lost too soon. The artists also produced really unique tunes that made them all individually stand out, like Eazy-E clearly didn't know how to sing or rap that well, but what carried his music was the way he carried every word he said with vigor.

Ngl hax layers have been somehow simultaneously the worst and the best addition to VSBW ever. I slightly prefer the layer version doe cause at least people without layers will be equal now and not just hax stomp each other constantly.

Ngl hax layers have been somehow simultaneously the worst and the best addition to VSBW ever. I slightly prefer the layer version doe cause at least people without layers will be equal now and not just hax stomp each other constantly.
Now that I think about it, is there one hax that can't be resisted at all?

No. I said they can't be—both— superhero and vigilante at the same
CfvGekSWwAA5p8-.jpg

I think 80s West Coast was the peak of the genre. It gave rise to many oldschool legends that would go on to heavily influence the artists of the 90s, as well as remarkable artists that we lost too soon. The artists also produced really unique tunes that made them all individually stand out, like Eazy-E clearly didn't know how to sing or rap that well, but what carried his music was the way he carried every word he said with vigor.
something about the general cynicism of 90s culture elevates it above what it was inspired by, in my book. that goes for basically all music forms from the time. 90s shit was top tier.

1. Super Paper Mario is better than Paper Mario TTYD
2. Metroid Prime 3 is best out of the three.
3. Strawberries taste horrible. How do people even like these?

Is he even a vigilante when he follows the law?
Elaborate
Bro a superhero isn't someone who follows the law. It's someone who has superpowers and saves people and beats up bad guys. Being morally right ≠ following the law. Spider-Man evades police trying to arrest him, never answers for property damage during his fights, you could argue sometimes he used excessive force while fighting villains since laws about that are rather strict and has COUNTLESS cases of trespassing and vandalism via webs. He also hides his identity to prevent not only himself and his close ones to end up in danger but also to not get chased by legal issues.
He is a superhero but also clearly someone who puts the law into his own hands without actual authority which is sth that JJ brings up a lot.
Spider-Man is by definition a vigilante and also a super hero. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Aight big hot take here perhaps but uh

The Jetstream Sam fight was very overrated. People treat it like it's the best fight in the game but in reality it's actually not in my opinion. The lack of mechanics makes it raw, yes, but at the same time it takes away from the memorability of the fight since in the end it basically becomes a cycle of parrying a bit and then slashing a bit at the right time. The arena sucked too for some reason and camera didn't work well with us. You'd go one direction and ended up going slightly off course which would mess with the fight. Maybe that was sth that only affected me, idk, but it was present when I played.
I also think the bounciness of Sam is a problem. He lets himself get punched around, combo'd into the air and more and it just feels underwhelming. Yeah it is kind of an equal fight that way but at the same time this takes away from his stance as a boss.

Personally I'd say that the better fight here is actually Monsoon. His music fits the fight itself better as it matches the speed and intensity. The parry game is hard but perfectly parrying all of Monsoon's onslaught is so damn satisfying. The entire fight feels like, well, a proper and super intense fight. There's some BS here and there but the difficulty here felt good and the camera worked with you very well.

Bro a superhero isn't someone who follows the law. It's someone who has superpowers and saves people and beats up bad guys. Being morally right ≠ following the law. Spider-Man evades police trying to arrest him, never answers for property damage during his fights, you could argue sometimes he used excessive force while fighting villains since laws about that are rather strict and has COUNTLESS cases of trespassing and vandalism via webs. He also hides his identity to prevent not only himself and his close ones to end up in danger but also to not get chased by legal issues.
He is a superhero but also clearly someone who puts the law into his own hands without actual authority which is sth that JJ brings up a lot.
Spider-Man is by definition a vigilante and also a super hero. They aren't mutually exclusive.
Ah, I see what you meant.

Aight big hot take here perhaps but uh

The Jetstream Sam fight was very overrated. People treat it like it's the best fight in the game but in reality it's actually not in my opinion. The lack of mechanics makes it raw, yes, but at the same time it takes away from the memorability of the fight since in the end it basically becomes a cycle of parrying a bit and then slashing a bit at the right time. The arena sucked too for some reason and camera didn't work well with us. You'd go one direction and ended up going slightly off course which would mess with the fight. Maybe that was sth that only affected me, idk, but it was present when I played.
I also think the bounciness of Sam is a problem. He lets himself get punched around, combo'd into the air and more and it just feels underwhelming. Yeah it is kind of an equal fight that way but at the same time this takes away from his stance as a boss.

Personally I'd say that the better fight here is actually Monsoon. His music fits the fight itself better as it matches the speed and intensity. The parry game is hard but perfectly parrying all of Monsoon's onslaught is so damn satisfying. The entire fight feels like, well, a proper and super intense fight. There's some BS here and there but the difficulty here felt good and the camera worked with you very well.
Sam's fight lasts 10 seconds top of you know what you're doing

Back