• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Pokemon is starting to feel stale, if it wasn’t already.
This is because (get ready for a tinfoil theory) since pokemon is a huge IP nd makes a lot of money, with no sign of being on a decline. Why change the new standard for mainline titles? Sure they arent as good quality as they used to be, from a companies standpoint there is 0 reason to not care about what critics say, people complained tirelessly about recent mainline titles and bought scarlet/violet expecting the TPC/GF to listen to the fans when they have money clogging their ears.

Frankly it's more of an issue of time compared to anything else. The devs seem to pour a lot of love into these games, but the dev cycle that's worked for the 2D titles just isn't cutting it for these larger scale, open-world adventures. The devs are pushing the envelope and innovating on the formula with the likes of Legends: Arceus and Scarlet/Violet, but they're not getting the time they need to fully realize their vision

I can't say shit about the games, but the Pokemon anime did start to fall off around the mid-2000s when Advanced Generations came around (I still love Diamond and Pearl and XY).
Sun and Moon > both of those honestly (no disrespect to DP tho it's fire)

XY honestly feels like an average shonen and that extends to how they changed Ash. He doesn't feel like Ash at all, especially in XYZ

DP >>> Sun and Moon for me, but to each their own. I still really enjoyed Sun and Moon, and the new anime with Liko and Roy is pretty good as well.

"Genshin Impact is a good game and spending 7-digits USD on it is really worth it, I don't know why people would condemn me for that. Like come on, it's my mom's money smh, I'm a mother's baby. And I'm sick of telling people I need to get a girlfriend, smh. JUST LEND OVER YOUR DAUGHTER AND IT WILL ALL BE FINE! SHE'LL LOVE COSPLAYING AS NAHIDA I CAN GUARANTEE THAT!"

"Genshin Impact is a good game and spending 7-digits USD on it is really worth it, I don't know why people would condemn me for that. Like come on, it's my mom's money smh, I'm a mother's baby. And I'm sick of telling people I need to get a girlfriend, smh. JUST LEND OVER YOUR DAUGHTER AND IT WILL ALL BE FINE! SHE'LL LOVE COSPLAYING AS NAHIDA I CAN GUARANTEE THAT!"
I hate everything about what I just read

I wish there was a better TTRPG system out there-- one that people invested time to learn about to the same degree as other popular systems.

Pathfinder is too gamified and DND is a turnoff thanks to WoTC's ####ery earlier this year

Why does Hazbin Hotel get so much shit?
tbf it's an incredibly easy target for onlookers to overreact to, regardless of the quality of it's production (as someone in the art industry it's actually impressive what level of backing they have)

every time a new episode comes out I hear about it in some capacity offline and it miraculously slips into the mainstream light

tbf it's an incredibly easy target for onlookers to overreact to, regardless of the quality of it's production (as someone in the art industry it's actually impressive what level of backing they have)

every time a new episode comes out I hear about it in some capacity offline and it miraculously slips into the mainstream light
The show literally just exists and people hate it. The hate isn't warranted in any way, at least from what I have seen.

If I enjoy it more, it’s better to me. Seems pretentious otherwise
I see what you mean, but let me give you an example.

Technically speaking, Samurai Jack is a better show than Johnny Test in virtually every aspect. Better writing, better story, better characters, better visuals, etc.

However, I enjoyed Johnny Test way more, so I would watch Johnny Test over Samurai Jack any day, though I will acknowledge that Samurai Jack is the better show.

Back