• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

I unironically think that Johnny Test is a solid MU for Gumball. Not the best, but a decent alternative (though Johnny Test vs Timmy Turner is where it's at).

I suppose this is a hot take only for the forum since people mostly hate it, but I honestly kinda like the Isekai/OP novels.

They are like the junk food of books/novels to me. They ain't good written (Most of the time, anyways), but man I just enjoy them regardless.

Adventure time looks ugly as heck and it makes me wanna not watch it ever.

Over the garden wall is decent and peculiar but also very overrated.

Spongebob should have ended at Season 8, ever since it's been shit and I don't think it's had a single good episode since then

Greg Heffley may be a sociopath but people forget that nobody around him is normal either. His best friend is completely and utterly stupid when it comes to basic social interactions and the parents of that friend condone it. Greg's own parents give special preference to Manney who is a manipulative lil squirt, his Mom doesn't care about most of his wishes or his privacy, his brother Rodrick is an asshole who causes problems to Greg on purpose. The only person who is at least somewhat normal in his family is his father who Greg unironically bonds with throughout the series often.

Dude, watch Choir Boys and the Splinter episode, then come back to me.
You'll want to rip your eyes out and eat them.
I've seen those episodes. Trust me. They suck ass.

I'm just saying that FOP could've ended at season 8 because it would've been a pretty wholesome way to wrap things up.

I suppose this is a hot take only for the forum since people mostly hate it, but I honestly kinda like the Isekai/OP novels.

They are like the junk food of books/novels to me. They ain't good written (Most of the time, anyways), but man I just enjoy them regardless.
I'm not surprised considering a couple verses you like/support. Theres nothing inherently wrong with power fantasies, self insert fantasies or Isekai (minus everyday-man/average joe harems). Debating with supporters of such verses tho... (I rather play Uno).

Also Invisible Dragon was somehow even worst than I was told after reading it out of grim curiosity.

I've seen those episodes. Trust me. They suck ass.

I'm just saying that FOP could've ended at season 8 because it would've been a pretty wholesome way to wrap things up.
I'm going to get mauled and thrown in a dungeon for this one (not that I'd blame y'all for it though) but I never watched Fairly Odd Parents or Adventure Time.
I'm aware that they're goated, I just never watched them.

I'm going to get mauled and thrown in a dungeon for this one (not that I'd blame y'all for it though) but I never watched Fairly Odd Parents or Adventure Time.
I'm aware that they're goated, I just never watched them.
Wasn't too big on AT, but FOP is unironically one of my favorite shows to watch (seasons 1-6 at least).

I'm not surprised considering a couple verses you like/support, nothing wrong power fantasies, self insert fantasies or Isekai (minus everyday-man/average joe harems). Debating with supporters of such verses tho... (I rather play Uno).
Definitely understand why you don't want to debate them, even I stopped kinda delving into the debating side of Isekai stuff (No more Yoon-seok 😔)

As for harem, that stuff is just a major nah for any story I read (Honestly I've noticed that I just hate any kind of romance with Isekai/Op stuff). Don't know why, but majority of the time, most romance/harem stuff just makes the story way less enjoyable.

Kids are never at fault for ruining games or verses. Is it the kids doing the cringe and sexual fnf mods? Is it the kids doing the elsagate animations about horror series on Youtube? It is all the fault of greedy adults and often times kids being assholes irl is also the result of adults not showing them how to be better. People should stop attacking and hating on kids for everything since kids simply eat up anything the world serves them. In this day and age, the kids were served knock-off skibidi toilet content, in my days, I was served traumatizing animations of Pinki Pie disembowling Rainbow Dash alive piece by piece. Who made either of these? Spoiler alert, not kids.

Kids are never at fault for ruining games or verses. Is it the kids doing the cringe and sexual fnf mods? Is it the kids doing the elsagate animations about horror series on Youtube? It is all the fault of greedy adults and often times kids being assholes irl is also the result of adults not showing them how to be better. People should stop attacking and hating on kids for everything since kids simply eat up anything the world serves them. In this day and age, the kids were served knock-off skibidi toilet content, in my days, I was served traumatizing animations of Pinki Pie disembowling Rainbow Dash alive piece by piece. Who made either of these? Spoiler alert, not kids.
Not to mention if the kids do ruin something, THAT'S PROBABLY NOT THEIR FAULT ANYWAY.
A kid will almost alwaysreflect the way they're raised.
You're a lazy parent, and you've got a lazy/irresponsible kid.
You're an abusive parent, and more often than not, so is your kid.
There are exceptions, but they usually occur if a kid has mental issues or something, which is a different issue.
Also what's the consensus on The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy?

And me personally, my childhood trauma was basically just sonic.exe, but I was very young then and once I reached like, 7-8, I grew some balls and realized how shit and goofy that creepypasta was.

Actually considering some dumb kid may go looking for what i mentioned above and get their ass traumatized imma just delete this

Speaking of trauma, I feel like my mind has been reversed as I grew up. When I was young, when I watched g (you know what I mean) videos like any kid my age would, that shit didn't scare me that much at all, whereas the animation stuff (particularly the one that Arceus mentioned) horrified me, for whatever reason.

Now it's the direct opposite. Any kind of video with actual blood makes my stomach turn whereas the animation stuff, I wouldn't feel jack about it anymore.

Anyways... Back on topic, I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, Dark souls 2 > every other fromsoft game

Speaking of trauma, I feel like my mind has been reversed as I grew up. When I was young, when I watched g (you know what I mean) videos like any kid my age would, that shit didn't scare me that much at all, whereas the animation stuff (particularly the one that Arceus mentioned) horrified me, for whatever reason.

Now it's the direct opposite. Any kind of video with actual blood makes my stomach turn whereas the animation stuff, I wouldn't feel jack about it anymore.
I'd say it is a common but not a normal thing for kids to do, watching gore I mean. It isn't something a kid should be doing at all. I saw the animation i mentioned purely by chance since i had some interest in MLP back in childhood. Not being scared of gore shouldn't be treated as normal since this will indeed damage your psyche, even if you don't see the effects constantly. Our mind isn't made to look at people being torn apart.

Ah... yes just... smile...

Seriously who's actually blaming kids for the entertainment industry becoming "corrupted" and the social media brain-rot?

Back