• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Skyward Sword is kinda mid
room temperature take
The Last of Us is overrated
idk about this one (who am i kidding literally never played)
2. Majora's Mask is better than Ocarina of Time
hot take yeah
4. GTA V is severely overrated (Imo, I had wayyy more fun playing GTA IV than I did with V)
Lukewarm (?)
5. The actual war in God of War Ragnarok was awfully short and kind off anticlimactic, not to mention I was really disappointed that the game didn't reveal who called Jormungandr while Kratos was taking a Atreus to Freya
Never played gow so i will assume this is a florida summer levels of hot take
Super Mario Bros. Wonder is alright (While it has a beautiful and expressive art style that has more personality than all the NSMB games put together, I thought the game as a whole was just alright, though I think that's probably because I prefer the 3D Mario games)
Well its the best 2D Mario by far right
7. Super Mario Sunshine is underrated
Lukewarm
8. Sonic Unleashed is a good Sonic game
thought this was agreed on,
9. Star Wars: The Force Awakens is overhated
Probably
10. Like the MCU, the FNaF franchise has become incredibly oversaturated and should've ended after UCN. Not to mention I find the current story and lore to be so frustratingly confusing that I don't even know what the f%ck is going on anymore
This sounds reasonable. Have to agree.

Super Star is old and limited. If you want replayability I'd say go for Super Star Ultra since it has a bunch more content and a game mode where you can play the game using helpers and speedrun it using Meta Knight
I never tried Ultra but I heard it's better than the OG, would make sense tbh.
I'll try it some time.
New Super Mario Bros >>>>>
I can't even get mad at this one, NSMB was, and still is, the shit

Apparently Women in Technology, a studio album by white town is considered mid? No idea how, its a 6 at worst. At best a 9. Has anyone else listened to it?

My warm or hot take is that Kirby Squeak Squad kinda sucks in quite a few aspects. The entire thing where you have to outspeed the mouse thieves to the treasure is annoying and kinda stale at times. The fusion of abilities is cool but they could've brought back Super Star special combos and it would've been better. I was playing it on a phone emulator so my experience is dampened but I got stuck at the stupid Kracko boss fight where they destroy the floor.

I think KSS just has too many sequences where you have to rush stuff and run and basically, it takes away from the usual Kirby game where you can relax as you stroll through even the hard levels.

Ngl I have a bias towards NSMB Wii cause I played it as a kid and it was cool. I had to use the luigi help button on a bunch of World 8 levels as they were too hard for me.
Wii was pretty good but it can't match the OG tbh.
The Penguin and Propeller suits were goated as hell though and I hope they come back

The amount of people who say Deepnest is the hardest or most unpleasant location in Hollow Knight are weird. They either didn't buy the lantern or they are arachnophobes, in which case i've no clue why they're playing a bug game.
Kingdom's edge is a far more frustrating area in the game as it has the primal aspids, the jumping sons of bugs, the giant jumping sons of bugs, the ghost guy with shields who is annoying as hell and there are also the big flies who just keep moving away just the right amount for you to miss the nail pogo and fall down to the very bottom of the level again.

Wii was pretty good but it can't match the OG tbh.
The Penguin and Propeller suits were goated as hell though and I hope they come back
The Hammer suit as well, forgot about it.
Frog suit was also nice, would like to see it again but exclusive to water levels.
My warm or hot take is that Kirby Squeak Squad kinda sucks in quite a few aspects. The entire thing where you have to outspeed the mouse thieves to the treasure is annoying and kinda stale at times. The fusion of abilities is cool but they could've brought back Super Star special combos and it would've been better. I was playing it on a phone emulator so my experience is dampened but I got stuck at the stupid Kracko boss fight where they destroy the floor.

I think KSS just has too many sequences where you have to rush stuff and run and basically, it takes away from the usual Kirby game where you can relax as you stroll through even the hard levels.
Kirby And The Amazing Mirror slams badly.
Only criticism is the Mirror ability wasn't in it, I know this is a very common complaint but it's such a big fumble it had to be noted once again.
Actually, another criticism is those big ass blocks that need all 4 Kirbies, you usually can't move them because the AI for the Kirbies is absolute dog ass, and multiplayer is impossible because nobody has ever and will never go through all that to play with you on a GBA or Emulator, so unless it's release on the Switch fixes this by letting you all play on the same device or something that will always be a problem with it.
Besides those nitpicks it's pretty good though

Tbh, hot take but I just find the Toy Story moves mostly unwatchable except for maybe the third one. When I was a kid I loved them all but now I just cannot bring myself to rewatch them. Maybe the second one I could but the first one? Nope, heck no. The graphics put me off way too much. I know that it was early cgi but that is the issue, it is early cgi and it looks ugly compared to what I am used to at this point. Many old cartoons have at least some uniqueness to them like the water hose animations with their unique feel and style not being worse than the cartoons that came later like Tom and Jerry. On the other hand, Toy Story 1 and partially 2 just look bad and dated. Cgi doesn't have the uniqueness that old 2D cartoons have, it just looks like poor cgi. If I had to give an example in 2D animation context, it is as if we saw rough sketches being animated and had to watch them after we saw fully animated cartoons.

Tbh, hot take but I just find the Toy Story moves mostly unwatchable except for maybe the third one. When I was a kid I loved them all but now I just cannot bring myself to rewatch them. Maybe the second one I could but the first one? Nope, heck no. The graphics put me off way too much. I know that it was early cgi but that is the issue, it is early cgi and it looks ugly compared to what I am used to at this point. Many old cartoons have at least some uniqueness to them like the water hose animations with their unique feel and style not being worse than the cartoons that came later like Tom and Jerry. On the other hand, Toy Story 1 and partially 2 just look bad and dated. Cgi doesn't have the uniqueness that old 2D cartoons have, it just looks like poor cgi. If I had to give an example in 2D animation context, it is as if we saw rough sketches being animated and had to watch them after we saw fully animated cartoons.
That's 90s for ya

Tier 2 is trash either way to me tbh. Their one-shot rules is way too short, you can't even use multipliers for these kinds of characters that uses them, and way too confusing.
Makes sense to me ngl. You can’t add 3-D quantities to 4-D quantities.

Quite the opposite for me, that dated animation makes me immerse myself into those era's, sort of with a nostalgic ring to it

I'm dead serious when i say that. Mater and the Ghostlight slams the 4th one too but that's a discussion for a different day.

He spitting facts.

Cars is an overhated movie series that people just throw under the bus (ba-dum-tss) because "It's just to sell toys!!!" when in reality it is actually pretty good and has a pleasant and grounded story and very pleasant visuals.

Cars 2 is sth i didn't like since it just doesn't fit. Idk what the writers were smoking. If it was its own movie then i'd have no issues with it but when 7yo me went to watch the movie with my parents, expecting something like Cars 1 and instead watching an innocent good-guy car get tortured and burned alive...i cried. I couldn't take it man. They just killed the agent dude off without mercy. What the heck were they thinking?

Johnny Test is better than most modern shows, both the OG and the Netflix Revival.
At the same time, I never really understood why people hated it, I always enjoyed Johnny Test in the past. What I really hate is that people keep comparing it to Dexter when they're completely different

Want me to put Toy Story 4 in the discussion? A midoff as some will say?
Then I'm choosing Toy Story 4 because Cars 2 was at least memorable and had a reason to exist.

At the same time, I never really understood why people hated it, I always enjoyed Johnny Test in the past. What I really hate is that people keep comparing it to Dexter when they're completely different
The only thing that's similar between Johnny Test and Dexter is that both shows follow red-headed geniuses (Dexter/Susan and Mary) and a blonde-headed doofus (Dee Dee/Johnny). There's nothing else that's similar between them. You'd get a completely different experience from watching both shows. Johnny Test honestly gave me FOP/Jimmy Neutron vibes.

Tbf, the later seasons of the OG (specifically seasons 5 and 6) were pretty bad, and that's where a majority of the hate comes from, but holy shit was the hate for the show overblown.

Cars is an overhated movie series that people just throw under the bus (ba-dum-tss) because "It's just to sell toys!!!" when in reality it is actually pretty good and has a pleasant and grounded story and very pleasant visuals.
Do people really say this but don't say the same for Toy Story, the series literally based on toys?

Back