• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

So the obligation of teaching kids a job that might not be relevant soon enough is more important than following the huge dream you had of saving people no matter the circumstances? Weak.
"Teaching a job that's gonna be irrelevant and also valuable life skills and how to use your abilitiws? No way, put your life your life on the line doing that job and make like no money."
I claimed that he most likely quit his job as a teacher since the two don't really intersect since for the most part his schedule would have to be full with either one of the obligations.
We don't know that he became a hero again, only that he helped out his friends when he wasn't at work.
Yes because he was an unofficial hero. Deku could've asked permission to be official and still do hero work, even if small time. I'm pretty sure the savior of the planet can be granted a favor.
Yeah, and they'd go "my guy, you're gonna get shot, we can't have that happening."
And that defeats the purpose of the story then? You can only be a hero if you have a quirk or a suit? This isn't just a discussion about the events of the story but also about the structure of the story. The author failed to convey a message that anyone can be a hero if they have guts and try hard enough. Instead it becomes "everyone can be a hero... If they are given a quirk or an iron man suit". This is quite the bad message.
"Anyone can be a hero" doesn't mean "go fight superpowered criminals barehanded"
All Might became a teacher after he started losing his power and his ability allowed him to semi-balance it all out since he could just go somewhere far in a minute to one shot a guy and return a minute later.
Ok.
Which proves my point that he can't be a hero in a suit and a teacher at the same time.
He's superior to Weakened All Might though.
Uraraka deadass said she loves him wtf are you on about
She said the same thing to Toga, who cares?
That's not the point of the theory? The whole point is that strong quirks can at one point become so strong that one's body wouldn't be able to handle it. Imagine a baby is born and a year later the fire quirk it has burns everyone around the baby and the baby itself. That's what is feared, not a quirk not being controllable by high-schoolers.
Bakugo has baby-killing powers, he can easily counter that.

DHz08MeUQAAiHWT.jpg

"Teaching a job that's gonna be irrelevant and also valuable life skills and how to use your abilitiws? No way, put your life your life on the line doing that job and make like no money."
First off there's a difference between training and doing that after he fought AFO, when there were still many villains present, and doing it now. Additionally this further defeats the point of becoming a hero again. Either way it is bad writing as there's no point in him following his dream and it still paints a picture that the message of the story isn't that you can become a hero too.
We don't know that he became a hero again, only that he helped out his friends when he wasn't at work.
The fact that he has a million dollar custom suit that lets him do hero stuff means he most likely became a hero. That's what is being implied and that is the most reasonable interpretation.
Yeah, and they'd go "my guy, you're gonna get shot, we can't have that happening."
Knuckleduster could survive without the strategic intelligence of Deku, why wouldn't Deku survive. Give him a shield or sth, make him Captain America.
"Anyone can be a hero" doesn't mean "go fight superpowered criminals barehanded"
Like I said, that defeats the fact that Deku was ready to throw his life away to save Bakugo whilst fighting a mud villain who could kill people with strong quirks.
This would just mean Deku was a kid with the spirit of a true hero who is ready to save his bully despite going against mortal danger and now he is a pussy who despite the huge amount of hero training couldn't get jacked a bit and start punching villains and helping people.
Ok.
He's superior to Weakened All Might though.
And I'm talking about weakened All Might before the first showdown with AFO
She said the same thing to Toga, who cares?
She clearly said she fell in love with him
Bakugo has baby-killing powers, he can easily counter that.
Bruh

Anyways

I have an issue with the amount of demons in fiction as of late. It's one thing if it was just horror but it's everywhere. Especially manga/manhwa. Especially what bothers me is the amount of positive portrayal of them. Like they're supposed to be twisted entities that only want harm upon humans and are the eldritch embodiments of evil. Meanwhile mangas and manhwas just turn them into some other race of beings that sometimes don't even have the horns. They go for demonic creatures as evil forces only to make it some dragons and goblins and stuff. If you want to make a horned race that has an issue with evil make an Oni race, they are something closer to an ogre since at least they're capable of good. If you want to make evil fantasy creatures just make them evil fantasy creatures. Why do people feel the need of making "demonic factions" only for them to be barely evil and just be some faction with wacky magic or sth.

Anyways

I have an issue with the amount of demons in fiction as of late. It's one thing if it was just horror but it's everywhere. Especially manga/manhwa. Especially what bothers me is the amount of positive portrayal of them. Like they're supposed to be twisted entities that only want harm upon humans and are the eldritch embodiments of evil. Meanwhile mangas and manhwas just turn them into some other race of beings that sometimes don't even have the horns. They go for demonic creatures as evil forces only to make it some dragons and goblins and stuff. If you want to make a horned race that has an issue with evil make an Oni race, they are something closer to an ogre since at least they're capable of good. If you want to make evil fantasy creatures just make them evil fantasy creatures. Why do people feel the need of making "demonic factions" only for them to be barely evil and just be some faction with wacky magic or sth.
I think it's another one of those "We're misunderstood! We're not all bad!" kind of tropes.

Them not being bad ends up defeating the purpose kinda. It's like a dwarf that doesn't dig or an elf that has normal ears
One of those is a physiological thing, and there are plenty of dwarves that don't dig. It's like... a dragon that doesn't like gold, or a human that doesn't kill people.

Back