• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

there's one truly good thing that came from MHA and it is this one girl literally called "Ordinary girl"
5c6eb1190e2f646c5b0bba59ede5bcb7d54230e0.pnj

The author peaked with it
kinda cute

You did read the manga finale right?
Yeah. He lost his powers, he got a well-respected job as a teacher at the top school in the world, which he seems to love, he gets to chill with the main man Aizawa as his superior, and he still has all his friends, they just don't hang out often because when do 20 schedules line up for actual adults with full-time jobs?

Plus, he's renowned on the same level as All Might and Endeavor, he gets to inspire the next generation, and he's established a new era of peace.

And then they give him a multi-million dollar suit that puts him back into the god-tiers.

This technically counts as an unpopular opinion to some degree but I love discussing on vsbw forums. It’s the most active Powerscaling community and it’s very up to date with relevant and coherent CRTs filled with people with similar pashions. And the discussions aren’t always about how to upgrade and downgrade characters to the greatest degree (most of the time) unlike many other Powerscaling circles

This technically counts as an unpopular opinion to some degree but I love discussing on vsbw forums. It’s the most active Powerscaling community and it’s very up to date with relevant and coherent CRTs filled with people with similar pashions. And the discussions aren’t always about how to upgrade and downgrade characters to the greatest degree (most of the time) unlike many other Powerscaling circles

I don't actually care enough about MHA to argue about it, but it's very obvious to tell who has and hasn't been paying attention/reading the manga. Though I will say, the memes against MHA aren't nearly as bad as the memes and reactions of the war arcs and subsequent end of Naruto and Bleach. The criticism is very different though, and maybe because I'm not deep in the MHA fandom, I don't take any of the c*ck memes or bum memes really seriously. I don't use Twitter enough to see it, and don't really have many friends invested into anime, (let alone MHA), like that. And I just don't really care for the series lol

I say all that to say MHA fans who are taking the memes and "disrespect" of the series personally need to take a chill pill. I'm seeing hella overreactions of these memes as if their own child got killed in their very eyes. It's really never that serious. And I get that MHA has never really gotten the respect it may or may not've deserved over the years, compared to say Naruto or Bleach, but I feel like being in the fandom for at least 3, 4 years was enough to prepare yourself for people to disrespect the series since they always have been lol.

What is the issue with MHA's ending?
Kinda everything.
-First off, we got back to where we started and not in a good way. Midoriya started as a wimp who didn't really try to do much beyond studying whilst wishing to become a hero only for someone to give him powers. This time he does nothing to train after he loses his quirk and gets handed over the suit, aka, he did nothing and was given powers by someone else, again. Not even by his money, not by his skill, hell, he started off better since at least he trained to get one for all. He could've lost his quirk and become the next Knuckleduster, or similar to Mirio when he lost his quirk and still fought against Overhaul. He could've been training over those 8 years instead of accepting the pity prize of becoming a depressed UA teacher. He could have become someone but he chose not to until he got another hand out. Hell, the ending could've been at least acceptable if he said that he refuses the suit and wants to continue teaching and make the next generation of heros great, which would've made his 8 years reasonable as he would've chosen that fate. Instead he comes off as someone who can't do anything for himself and got no character arc conclusion, getting screwed out of everything. About that everything...

-The author pussied out of the ships. There was so much stuff about Ochako and Midoriya and we never got a conclusion. This means that the author...pussied out. I mean can there be another explanation really? If he wasn't interested in the ship, why drag us along for so long? The fanbase was getting crazy with the ships very early on, way before we got to the war or even close to it. Instead he continued on almost through the end and then we got blue balled and never got anything to show that these two are together. He killed the point of his own storie's plotpoints. If he never wanted to give a conclusion then he could've stopped edging on the ship further. If he wanted an open ending to it then he could've at least had them interact and leave their ending ambiguous. Instead of certainty of ambiguity we got an eternal uncertainty - the worst thing ever, aka, you're never getting answers and the two are never shown to interact after those 8 years.

-Finally there's the fact that the quirk singularity still is a thing and never concluded. Humanity's still kinda screwed and we don't even get a hint at anything further happening with it. Sure, maybe there'll be a sequel, but for now we have no clue and it lingers on as a huge unresolved plotpoint.

Though I will say, the memes against MHA aren't nearly as bad as the memes and reactions of the war arcs and subsequent end of Naruto and Bleach. The criticism is very different though, and maybe because I'm not deep in the MHA fandom, I don't take any of the c*ck memes or bum memes really seriously
The memes are funny asf

also the deku iron man suit looks like ass crack like bruv wtf is this
image.png

It looks like a normal suit, they could've at least given it a better design, like you know, a suit used earlier in the series?

look at this. This is badass. Instead they gave midoriya something that looks less exciting than his actual hero suits.

Also, to add to the points I made above

-Deku is NOT popular or memorable after 8 years. He got recognized by a single kid who is a superhero nerd who was surprised bro even existed. This is not popularity at all.
-They had to fund his suit for 8 years. All Might got one done within like months if I remember correctly. Sure, All Might's suit was more important and crucial, but like, Deku kinda beat the super bad guy and saved earth as a whole, maybe give him a gift or something? Like maybe the government could fund a thank you gift or something? For goodness' sake man.
Even Gohan in DBZ got rewarded for saving the earth eventually even though he was hiding his identity. Deku gets 8 years of depression and then a crappy iron man suit.

Even Gohan in DBZ got rewarded for saving the earth eventually even though he was hiding his identity.
Gohan got what he wanted in the end though, is the thing. He has the job he wants, along with a wife and daughter. I'm pretty sure he even gets to work from home.

"No, you don't get it, any ending that isn't the main character being the strongest ever and renowned as a god-king and having some woman devote her character to nothing else but him is bad writing!"
The ending could have been better even if Deku didn't become the strongest. Have him still remain as a hero through his own efforts rather than by being handed out power. Deku being Batman lite or a policeman would be a lot respectable than what he is now. Teachers deserve minimum wage 🙏

Also, Deku could have gotten a relationship without it automatically demeaning the female character to just housewife. It's a stupid assumption to say that's what peeps would have wanted. They just wanted Deku's ship developments to actually mean something. I am not a Deku X Uraraka shipper but I can't imagine how bad it must feel to be shipping that ship for years, for the series to have that ship as the canonical main ship, just to have that ship go nowhere.

Back