• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Gohan got what he wanted in the end though, is the thing. He has the job he wants, along with a wife and daughter. I'm pretty sure he even gets to work from home.
his family got like a hundred million yen
he banged the most popular man on earth's daughter and had a kid
he lives life without much worry, doing the job he likes and spending time with his family
still no confirmed deaths afaik

Deku's overpaid teacher wages after I'm done with him:
ZMDCyjL.jpeg

The whole point was that he had more guts than the rest of them anyway.
Sure, he had guts and that is irrefutable. Still don't change that he didn't do shit til he got One for all handed right over to him
He got a job and a life? He put his talents to good use.
A job and a life he clearly wasn't happy about. He got offered to become a hero again via the suit and jumped at the opportunity. He never tried to do anything before that.
The connections he made and the people he saved were what led to him getting a new setup.
And I am not disputing that. What I am saying is, he didn't do anything further to try and return to the hero career, instead wasting away as a teacher only to jump at the first chance to get back into the big leagues.
He wasn't depressed, he liked his job, he just missed hanging out.
The fact that he immediately joined his friends as heros means that the job wasn't important to him much. He didn't do it because he wanted to, he did it because that's the one last path he had to chose...you know, outside of putting in effort to try and become at least a small-time hero.
Knuckle Duster would have been slaughtered in any major fight, despite being strong for a Quirkless person.
Doesn't matter, still could stop a bank robbery, an attempted murder, anything of the sort. It doesn't matter how strong you are, it matter whether you want to protect people or just to become a popular hero. Clearly, Deku decided not to try and help people in the little ways, and instead only got off his ass when he got a freebie.
You're looking way too hard for negatives. He's not fighting because he doesn't need to. He had a great job, got to teach people, and was seen as one of the greatest heroes of ALL TIME. Friends helping each other isn't a handout, it's the point of the story.
Nah, I am not, I am just seeing it for what it is. He immediately became a hero again the moment he got the suit when he could've tried to at least become a vigilante-type hero. Instead he simply taught and if he seriously wanted to teach he would've stayed a teacher instead of continuing on heroing. We could've been shown either an example of humility where he decided that preparing the next generations is better than becoming a hero in a world where major villains are gone, or we could've seen him striving to become a hero no matter what. To show guts like he did when he saved Bakugo in the beginning. Instead he did nothing that he truly wanted.
Or he just didn't care about the shipping shit and people were just reading into it to much. Their arc ended with them being friends who respected each other, there was a whole bit about that.
"Didn't care" then why start in the first place? He lead the fans along and never gave a conclusion. Them being into each other was a notable part of the story and we never had it concluded. This is bad since what was the point of it then? They could've been always just friends and not much would change and this wouldn't be an issue now.
The Quirk Singularity Theory is just that, a theory. It's mad-distant future shit. Hell, AFO said Crawler and Number 6 were "beyond the singularity" and nothing happened.
Still an important part of the lore that lead nowhere. If you make something a big part of your lore and have some evidence for it, you better finish it. We could've just had a message along the lines of "in the end the theory was looked into carefully and after some research it was found out to be wrong because XX" and, whilst rushed, it would've concluded that bit fairly. Instead we have a plothole.

A job and a life he clearly wasn't happy about. He got offered to become a hero again via the suit and jumped at the opportunity. He never tried to do anything before that.
Yeah? He didn't want to get shot to death?
And I am not disputing that. What I am saying is, he didn't do anything further to try and return to the hero career, instead wasting away as a teacher only to jump at the first chance to get back into the big leagues.

The fact that he immediately joined his friends as heros means that the job wasn't important to him much. He didn't do it because he wanted to, he did it because that's the one last path he had to chose...you know, outside of putting in effort to try and become at least a small-time hero.
He didn't give up his job, he just went to help his friends during his time off.
Doesn't matter, still could stop a bank robbery, an attempted murder, anything of the sort.
Yes, a powerless guy against gangs of armed men with Quirks, that can't go wrong.
It doesn't matter how strong you are, it matter whether you want to protect people or just to become a popular hero. Clearly, Deku decided not to try and help people in the little ways, and instead only got off his ass when he got a freebie.
Or he thought, I don't know, maybe stopping a couple muggings isn't as much help as training future heroes?
Nah, I am not, I am just seeing it for what it is. He immediately became a hero again the moment he got the suit when he could've tried to at least become a vigilante-type hero.
"Sorry, guys, class is cancelled, your teacher broke 10 of his ribs trying to fight a shark man with a bazooka."
Instead he simply taught and if he seriously wanted to teach he would've stayed a teacher instead of continuing on heroing.
He didn't quit being a teacher.
They could've been always just friends and not much would change and this wouldn't be an issue now.
They were never anything but friends.
Still an important part of the lore that lead nowhere. If you make something a big part of your lore and have some evidence for it, you better finish it. We could've just had a message along the lines of "in the end the theory was looked into carefully and after some research it was found out to be wrong because XX" and, whilst rushed, it would've concluded that bit fairly. Instead we have a plothole.
That's not what a plot hole is. If I say "you know, in a couple million years, our sun will explode," I don't need to have that happen in my story.

Yeah? He didn't want to get shot to death?
Which contradicts the fact that he jumped at the mud villain to save bakugo despite it being almost certain death. He is far stronger now and far more skilled, he could've become a small-time hero and protected people kinda like Mumen Rider from OPM but with actual skill.
He didn't give up his job, he just went to help his friends during his time off.
That is not confirmed, not to mention that if you are a hero on call, unless you are all might, you have to spend most of the time ready to fight, kinda how Firefighters wait all day for a call to come in
Yes, a powerless guy against gangs of armed men with Quirks, that can't go wrong.
Worked for Knuckleduster, why wouldn't it work for Deku, who has access to a shop of better equipment?
Or he thought, I don't know, maybe stopping a couple muggings isn't as much help as training future heroes?
Which means his drive to become a hero amounted to nothing in the end. Training future heros isn't that important at this point where most incidents are minor. Helping against minor villains is far better than training a generation that might not even have a job later down the line with the crime rates dropping.
"Sorry, guys, class is cancelled, your teacher broke 10 of his ribs trying to fight a shark man with a bazooka."
With Deku's skills and training that can bring em up to vigilante level he could very much beat up someone like that. Isn't it his whole thing to be a gutsy smart guy? Give him some physical guts and he'll figure it out. Like Tony Stark said, if you're nothing without the suit then you don't deserve it.
He didn't quit being a teacher.
Which would be weird since the point of being a hero is to spend your time waiting for a call for help and thus helping. "Sorry guys, class is cancelled for the 5th time this week, teach Deku was called to beat up a shark man with a bazooka". Deku ain't All Might, he can't go supersonic, smack a guy 5 miles away, come back immediately and continue class.
They were never anything but friends.
They clearly had romantic feelings for each other. What I am saying is, they could've been kept as friends without signs of romantic tension
That's not what a plot hole is. If I say "you know, in a couple million years, our sun will explode," I don't need to have that happen in my story.
Except the theory was that humanity could get fully wiped out within close time since the 4th gen of quirk users were already exhibiting signs of it. This isn't some inevitable cosmic event that will happen later than humanity's demise by something else, this is an issue that is similar to what global warming was to us in the early 2000s. It is an issue that could get out of control fast.

I remember someone saying that the MHA ending is like if Luffy didn't become the pirate king, lost his powers, and instead became a janitor at some random marine base while his crew stayed looking for the one piece.
It's more like if he became acknowledged as pirate king for like a day or two, lost his DF powers and strength, spent ~6 years teaching kids how to sail ships and only come back to becoming a pirate when his crew shows up again and hands him a vegapunk machine that can imitate his stretchy powers a bit.

Which contradicts the fact that he jumped at the mud villain to save bakugo despite it being almost certain death. He is far stronger now and far more skilled, he could've become a small-time hero and protected people
Yeah, but he has obligations now, and people aren't going to fund a hero with no powers.
kinda like Mumen Rider from OPM but with actual skill.
WHOAH, my boy catching strays?
That is not confirmed
You're the one who made the claim.
Worked for Knuckleduster, why wouldn't it work for Deku, who has access to a shop of better equipment?
Didn't say it wouldn't work, but Knuckle Duster, despite being at 5% Deku levels, was homeless and living off the funds of a guy half his age and getting injured all the time.
Which means his drive to become a hero amounted to nothing in the end.
He gave up his powers to... save all of humanity?
Training future heros isn't that important at this point where most incidents are minor. Helping against minor villains is far better than training a generation that might not even have a job later down the line with the crime rates dropping.
Why would they need his help if they don't need more heroes?
With Deku's skills and training that can bring em up to vigilante level he could very much beat up someone like that. Isn't it his whole thing to be a gutsy smart guy? Give him some physical guts and he'll figure it out. Like Tony Stark said, if you're nothing without the suit then you don't deserve it.
The suit is supplementing his capabilities with power. All Might needed a suit to fight AFO. All Might was "just" a teacher, too.
Which would be weird since the point of being a hero is to spend your time waiting for a call for help and thus helping. "Sorry guys, class is cancelled for the 5th time this week, teach Deku was called to beat up a shark man with a bazooka". Deku ain't All Might, he can't go supersonic, smack a guy 5 miles away, come back immediately and continue class.
Exactly?
They clearly had romantic feelings for each other.
They were like, implied to find each other attractive, it wasn't significant at all.
Except the theory was that humanity could get fully wiped out within close time since the 4th gen of quirk users were already exhibiting signs of it. This isn't some inevitable cosmic event that will happen later than humanity's demise by something else, this is an issue that is similar to what global warming was to us in the early 2000s. It is an issue that could get out of control fast.
So wouldn't that mean they needed... more people teaching? So they could control their Quirks?

I remember someone saying that the MHA ending is like if Luffy didn't become the pirate king, lost his powers, and instead became a janitor at some random marine base while his crew stayed looking for the one piece.
It's more like if he got the Piece, lost his powers beating Im, then went home and started training people like Rayleigh did for him, and then Franky built him a mech.

Yeah, but he has obligations now, and people aren't going to fund a hero with no powers.
So the obligation of teaching kids a job that might not be relevant soon enough is more important than following the huge dream you had of saving people no matter the circumstances? Weak.
WHOAH, my boy catching strays?
No matter how based he is it is a fact that the most he can do is stop a robbery from a common dude.
You're the one who made the claim.
I claimed that he most likely quit his job as a teacher since the two don't really intersect since for the most part his schedule would have to be full with either one of the obligations.
Didn't say it wouldn't work, but Knuckle Duster, despite being at 5% Deku levels, was homeless and living off the funds of a guy half his age and getting injured all the time.
Yes because he was an unofficial hero. Deku could've asked permission to be official and still do hero work, even if small time. I'm pretty sure the savior of the planet can be granted a favor.
He gave up his powers to... save all of humanity?
And that defeats the purpose of the story then? You can only be a hero if you have a quirk or a suit? This isn't just a discussion about the events of the story but also about the structure of the story. The author failed to convey a message that anyone can be a hero if they have guts and try hard enough. Instead it becomes "everyone can be a hero... If they are given a quirk or an iron man suit". This is quite the bad message.
Why would they need his help if they don't need more heroes?
Major villains are lower in numbers > minor villains still exist and need dealing with > no need to call a top tier from across the city for that when you have a guy who can deal with the villain close by.
The suit is supplementing his capabilities with power. All Might needed a suit to fight AFO. All Might was "just" a teacher, too.
All Might became a teacher after he started losing his power and his ability allowed him to semi-balance it all out since he could just go somewhere far in a minute to one shot a guy and return a minute later.
Which proves my point that he can't be a hero in a suit and a teacher at the same time.
They were like, implied to find each other attractive, it wasn't significant at all.
Uraraka deadass said she loves him wtf are you on about
So wouldn't that mean they needed... more people teaching? So they could control their Quirks?
That's not the point of the theory? The whole point is that strong quirks can at one point become so strong that one's body wouldn't be able to handle it. Imagine a baby is born and a year later the fire quirk it has burns everyone around the baby and the baby itself. That's what is feared, not a quirk not being controllable by high-schoolers.

Back