• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion III: Revenge of the Honest Opinions

Breaking, as in glitches.

Any game can be difficult, but Halo 2 is just unfair, Goldeneye is just laughable at comparassion and outdated, comparing genres on difficulty is rather dumb, i can be a god in Dark Souls while any rythm game can be a hell and viceversa, like the guy with the pic of toribot said, Legendary is all about knowing the placement of things because the enemies have pin point accuracy and you cant escape from them, even a Grunt is a pain in the ass.

I still love those games, Ninja Gaiden 3 had an amazing story on top of the extreme difficulty and the bosses are really fun. Halo has like no great boss battles, albeit Halo 2 had a few decent ones like Tartarus and the Prophets. And Battletoads is hell of fun, especially the Bike Chase. Not to mention the rocking music is kickass in both games. Oh yeah, Castlevania 3 isn't quite as hard as Rondo of Blood; that's the one that's damn hard.

Silver Surfer is another game that really isn't all that bad, but insanely difficult. And I actually like the Japanese version of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Halo's Covenant Plasma is so slow though, it's really easy to dodge and you have so much more space in 3D games compared to 2D games. AVGN Adventures and Silver Surfer have all these spreader like things and even touching the walls instant kill you. Also, FPS enemies in the Early 2000's and onwards so frequently kill themselves and each other quite easily. Those kind of stuff don't appear in Golden Eye, Doom, or Perfect Dark.

Not enough guitars or Charizard. 0/10 ovo.

In all seriousness, it ain't bad in the slightest. It just doesn't get me as hype for the rest of the show as the rest up until that crappy DP opening.

Real talk. Unbeatable is one of the most underrated theme songs ever. It's great, probably my third favorite next to Johto Journey and OG.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I still love those games, Ninja Gaiden 3 had an amazing story on top of the extreme difficulty and the bosses are really fun. Halo has like no great boss battles, albeit Halo 2 had a few decent ones like Tartarus and the Prophets. And Battletoads is hell of fun, especially the Bike Chase. Not to mention the rocking music is kickass in both games. Oh yeah, Castlevania 3 isn't quite as hard as Rondo of Blood; that's the one that's damn hard.
Silver Surfer is another game that really isn't all that bad, but insanely difficult. And I actually like the Japanese version of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

Halo's Covenant Plasma is so slow though, it's really easy to dodge and you have so much more space in 3D games compared to 2D games. AVGN Adventures and Silver Surfer have all these spreader like things and even touching the walls instant kill you. Also, FPS enemies in the Early 2000's and onwards so frequently kill themselves and each other quite easily. Those kind of stuff don't appear in Golden Eye, Doom, or Perfect Dark.
Yeah Halo has pretty shit boss battles. Doom and Half Life do them way better.

Battletoads is fun until you get to ******* Clinger Winger in 2 players and the game decides to bug out and **** both of you over because it wont register the second players inputs because the game was literally made to be broken because rare didn't give a ****. Or if you decide to use an emulator the game ***** its pants because it won't recognize your inputs fast enough, so you have to play it on the original NES or use the Rare Replay version that isn't busted, or find a better emulator.

I'm not bitter why do you ask.

Rondo of Blood is difficult... unless you have Maria and she breaks the game like a toothpick.

Eh... Silver Surfer is pretty bullshit. Getting killed by a rubber ducky isn't a challenge, it's the game designers telling you to **** yourself. and while i like AVGN Adventures i feel like having insta death blocks is a cheap way to put in "difficulty"

Yeah Call of Duty is easy no matter what game you're playing. I miss older games with better enemy variety, though games like Doom 2016 or Shadow Warrior 2013 do help.
The real cal howard said:
Johto Journeys is the weakest of the Pokémon theme songs until Diamond and Pearl.
I'll take it a step forward and say while i loved the Gary battle and some of the pokemon, Johto was just so boring and forgettable. I think not having that sense of progression that made Gold/Silver so unique (aka, having the newer region intersect with the older, and having the story of beating the character you once played, aka Red,) and you're just left with another adventure with Ash as he loses another Pokemon league.

(It's better than Unova, though that's not saying much)

I do agree with you there. Johto was kinda...forgettable to me. Charizard's battles are what made that season for me. Seismic Toss is awesome.

Another Pokémon one. I have zero care for any of the Ultra Beasts, or any Legendary in Gen 7 except for Ultra Necrozma, and that's because of how OP he is in game (he's called the ender of all Nuzlockes for a reason) and because his theme is awesome.

Oh, and I prefer Ho-oh to Lugia.

Ultra Necrozma theme is the best

I agree I like Ho-oh better than Lugia

I also Like Dialga better then Palkia and Giratina over both

Another Pokémon one. I have zero care for any of the Ultra Beasts, or any Legendary in Gen 7 except for Ultra Necrozma, and that's because of how OP he is in game (he's called the ender of all Nuzlockes for a reaso) and because his theme is awesome.
Honestly, with all the ways you can break the game, I fail to see how a boss can be that hard. Just use Toxic and Protect to high heaven and you're basically guaranteed a win on anything.

Unless you have Prankster (or you have Snorlax levels of Special Defense) you get blitzed and oneshotted. I tried to go Meta on it...

Unless you have Prankster (or you have Snorlax levels of Special Defense) you get blitzed and oneshotted. I tried to go Meta on it...
I'm actually interested in playing US just to see if this is as hard as people say.

I actually really liked some of the Dragon Ball movie villains. Cooler was actually pretty badass in his first movie and the idea of him surviving a Supernova sandwich is an epic thought. And while Broly's backstory was pathetic and his 2nd and 3rd movies pretty much sucked. (Why was Broly having his mouth open while Kid Trunks was pissing on him?) Him making Vegeta scared shitless and Goku punching him, would could be from one end of the universe to the other was a pretty epic way to go.

Also, The Legacy of Goku trilogy is highly underrated. While the first game was Mediocre, and the characters were nerfed to much, the sequels were really great games.

I pretty much won because my Incineroar Focus Sash'd itself through friendship and I had its Z move equipped. And then I think Celebi handled the rest (after I tried to meta it with my Toxapex).

The thing outspend my Lycanroc and Salamence.

I'm actually interested in playing US just to see if this is as hard as people say.

not so much, on asgore level. But if you nuzloke...

I do agree with you there. Johto was kinda...forgettable to me. Charizard's battles are what made that season for me. Seismic Toss is awesome.
Another Pokémon one. I have zero care for any of the Ultra Beasts, or any Legendary in Gen 7 except for Ultra Necrozma, and that's because of how OP he is in game (he's called the ender of all Nuzlockes for a reason) and because his theme is awesome.

Oh, and I prefer Ho-oh to Lugia.
I honestly can't even remember most of the Johto gym battles either, they just made all them so ******* boring.

Say what you want about the Orange League, at least i can remember every important thing that happened in it.

To bad it wasn't a real Pokemon league. And noone ever mentions it ever again.

And his mom gave so little of a shit that she used the trophy as a weight

The only Johto gym battle I remember was Chuck, and that was only because all the yaoi subtext between him and his Machoke.

@Jared + I have played that game only twice I think, and its not that hard, you just need basic reactions and memorie.

Newendigo said:
@Jared + I have played that game only twice I think, and its not that hard, you just need basic reactions and memorie.
Which one, Halo 2, Battletoads, or one of the other games we talked about?

Not exactly being specific.

Well early on it's fine... it's when you have to get to the King Stages that it becomes a gauntlet of pain and misery, where if you play as megaman you literally have to get lucky or you just fall into a pit and die because of a boss's instakill attack.

I think Rogue One is as good as or better than A New Hope.

The Battle of Scarif is as exciting as the Battle of Coruscant and, in my opinion, more so than the space Battle of Endor (ground battle of Endor is just painful to watch because of my hate for Ewoks).

Ubisoft make really good games. They just need to better optimize them and not blame gamers when there's a controversy.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
GTA IV had a better story and better characters than GTA V
On the other hand i think the gameplay, open world, and overall feeling of GTA V is far superior, because it isn't up its own ass with being "realistic" or "muh physics"

Well of course, seeing my character hit a curb while i was trying to get away from the cops and sending my character into another dimension at mach 20 speed, killing me, and then forcing me to redo the entire 30 minute mission over again because Rockstar didn't know what checkpoints were was my favorite gaming experience.

7.8/10 Not enough wealism.

Back