• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion III: Revenge of the Honest Opinions

KOTOR stuff

I genuinely think Revan's story is movie worthy and possibly even rivals that of the original trilogy.

Revan is a better protagonist then the original Luke.

Revan and Bastille Shan is literally a well written version of Anakin and Padme.

Like honestly.....

The original series and The Next Generation were prehaps mediocore at best..... With everything past that being complete trash.

The soundtrack was pretty good at times admitedly. With Enterprise being the best.

I'd go into detail about why I dislike Star Trek, but the big thing is that...... it's sooooo boring. No matter how hard I try, I cannot watch a full episode.

Okay, here we go:

The 3rd SW prequel wasn't that bad.

Lavos is better than Lucemon.

Undertale wasn't that good.

Flowey is the best UT character.

Leviamon is the best SGDL.

Kriemhild Gretchen is just Madoka going through a phase.

Mami needs to get her head in the game.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Filthy Frank's music isn't good.

First Person Shooters are overrated

New Jersey doesn't exist

Black Panther wasn't that good ( It was good but not the best thing. Spider-Man Homecoming was better imo.)

Netflix is a horrible way to stream good movies. They remove all the good one's and replace them with horrible irrelevant titles nobody's heard of. Especially with Horror movies.
You take that back heathen JK.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Here are some of my unpopular opinions
FPS's are the weakest video game genre excluding EA Sports, and actually, Goldeneye on N64 is the best FPS of all time and still is too this day.
I honestly think the complete opposite. FPS's are way to dogpiled on for "being the same shit" when theres plenty of amazing FPS's that have a lot of interesting mechanics and are brushed aside because everyone only focuses on the same series. I mean, if you don't like it hey, i can understand. But to some people they just hate on the entire genre for the same reasons they would praise platformers, even though they were just as overexposed in the 90's.

And personally i find Goldeneye to be VASTLY overrated, even for it's time. The aiming is complete garbage, the graphics are terrible, the AI is nothing to write home about, the multiplayer is the laggiest shit i've ever seen. Like we're talking straight up sub 20 FPS at the best of times. Which makes even the original Halo in splitscreen look perfect in comparison

And even positive aspects like level design and weapon variety pale in comparison to games like Doom and Half Life who either have wave more interesting locals and enemies, have far better movement controls and aiming, or far better multiplayer. I dare say it's not even the best FPS on the N64 with things like Perfect Dark and Doom 64, at least in my opinion, just either being more technically impressive or more fun.

It honestly feels like it only got as popular as it did because it was consoles players first FPS, and while i think it's a great game... it's not only aged terribly, but it really hasn't stood up as well as games like Quake.

... but hey that's my opinion. (Still better than Call of Duty Ghosts)

@Jared, I'm more of an RPG/Platformer and basically old school Nintendo type of guy. I like some shooters; Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Metroid Prime trilogy (If that counts as a shooter, that one's technically my favorite), Blood (DOS), the DOOM franchise, Halo, and others. But I dislike all the mainstream modern FPS's nowadays. Battlefield, CoD, Titanfall, Borderlands, ect. Those games just bore me. You just run and shoot and there's like no variety or challenge at all.

I liked video games better back in the old days when video games actually had challenge. Most shooters basically give you infinite lives and that literally takes all the challenge out of it. While most Halo games due have a relatively good story, the games are all too easy even on Legendary difficulties. Goldeneye is one of the few FPS's where the campaign was actually quite difficult because you had to sneak up and take out every single one in the rooms fast enough without being detected. Where as in Halo, the enemies all seem to have lousy aim and just sprinting and shooting everyone you see. Albeit no FPS is anywhere near as difficult as Battletoads or the Ninja Gaiden trilogy.

Wendigos are the best mythological monster ever created.

The original SW Triology was never good, but it put the step for the avarage people to get interested in science fiction.

Vs debates is like political debates, but nerfed.

Mega Man 7 is the only Mega Man game of the Classic series I consider That hard nowadays. Unless you count Mega Man 9

Black Panther was a good flipping movie and Dishonoured Wolf can kiss my ass.

I find Digimon more interesting than Pokemon. The lore and design while more complicated, have more to offer than Pokemon, as it feels tiring and repetitive overall, still love it though ;)

I think people who use our site as reference for their vs debates outside our community to be arrogant and full of themselves, likely because the people they argue with don't know our system and terms and they rub that in their faces.

I like to see more 3D Sonic games than 2D. Sega can make one that most people would like if they only focus on one style of game instead of throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

Sir Ovens said:
Black Panther was a good flipping movie and Dishonoured Wolf can kiss my ass.
Dishonoured Wolf is an ass. Just never watch another one of his videos ever again.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Jared, I'm more of an RPG/Platformer and basically old school Nintendo type of guy. I like some shooters; Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Metroid Prime trilogy (If that counts as a shooter, that one's technically my favorite), Blood (DOS), the DOOM franchise, Halo, and others. But I dislike all the mainstream modern FPS's nowadays. Battlefield, CoD, Titanfall, Borderlands, ect. Those games just bore me. You just run and shoot and there's like no variety or challenge at all.
Yeah same, i do prefer RPG's to FPS. And yeah, i personally believe that shooters really suffered after Call of Duty (though i still think Black Ops is a decently fun game). To be fair with games like Titanfall they do have a bit more variety and challenge on higher difficulties (seriously, if you think shooters are a bit repetitive nowadays, try out Titanfall 2, it's really good)

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I liked video games better back in the old days when video games actually had challenge. Most shooters basically give you infinite lives and that literally takes all the challenge out of it. While most Halo games due have a relatively good story, the games are all too easy even on Legendary difficulties. Goldeneye is one of the few FPS's where the campaign was actually quite difficult because you had to sneak up and take out every single one in the rooms fast enough without being detected. Where as in Halo, the enemies all seem to have lousy aim and just sprinting and shooting everyone you see. Albeit no FPS is anywhere near as difficult as Battletoads or the Ninja Gaiden trilogy.
Unless you play Halo 2 on legendary and then, yeah, it's about as bullshit as Ninja Gaiden. At least in the original game with it's insta kill ******* jackal snipers and enemies that kill you in 2 hits.

Dishonoured Wolf is an ass. Just never watch another one of his videos ever again.

I honestly stopped watching when i realized he's just a /v/ user without all the self awareness

Newendigo said:
People still believes that its hard?!
You ever played Megaman and Bass?

Halo 2 on Legendary is just traumatic.

I watched a few of his videos. Then I realized that he's actually worse than the SJWs he likes to keep complaining about. I could no longer take all his false outrage and anti-diversity hypocrisy. Also, someone who thinks the last few COD games are actually good and player-friendly is clearly not right in the head.

Halo 2 on Legendary isn't that hard, you still have infinite lives and I've beaten quite easily. Just keep sprinting and use a rapid fire weapons and all the fodder enemies still have poor accuracy. Also, Turrets stomp all types of enemies including Hunters, and Tartatus can be easily beaten if you know how to properly use an energy sword and make use of jump attacks.

Then again, I'm quite hardcore when it comes to competent video games in general. Still nothing compared to Ninja Gaiden 3, Battletoads, Contra, Castlevania 3, ect.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Halo 2 on Legendary isn't that hard, you still have infinite lives and I've beaten quite easily. Just keep sprinting and use a rapid fire weapons and all the fodder enemies still have poor accuracy. Also, Turrets stomp all types of enemies including Hunters, and Tartatus can be easily beaten if you know how to properly use an energy sword and make use of jump attacks.
I think you havent played the games then.

I have played it and beaten it, don't make such baseless assumptions about me.

Seriously you discribed the worst way to play Halo 2 on Legendarie, alongside sprinting and turrets wich appear like two times in the campaing.

It's not, it's what many speed runners do and manage to beat the entire game in less than 2 hours. I'm not saying, I did it that fast or with no deaths. But I still literally manage to beat the game with said strategies. That's what you're suppose to do when weaker enemies such as Grunts and Jackals are the main enemies in sight.

Stronger enemies such as Brutes and Hunters, they're easy to via hit and run tactics and use of grenades. Anyway, I'll admit it's been years since I last played the game, however, I've still clearly beaten it on Legendary.

Yes, because they literally broke the game, thats the sissies way... on the other hand.

EDIT: Dont take it too seriously, its just a silly debate, but seriously, gun and run is the dumbest way to play Halo 2 on Legendary.

They didn't hack the game, they just happen to have really fast reflexes. I got a bit of an Ultra Instact when it comes to gaming. Nak3D Eli also commentates to prove he's actually playing the game.

And no, it's not that bad if you know how to use it properly. I didn't mean run and gun exclusively, but effective multi-tasking is the way to go. Switch out right weapon, use grenades or heavy weapons on stronger enemies and basic weapons on fodder ones. Punch if you get close to a weak enemy. You don't have to kill every enemy, just ones that pose a potential threat. Hit and run tactics are always good whenever possible.

I've beaten games such as Double Dragon 3 and Super C, Legendary Halo 2 is still easy compared to them. AVGN Adventures on YOLO difficulty, now that's a hard game.

Also, I thought this was an unpopular opinions thread not a hardcore gaming thread.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Then again, I'm quite hardcore when it comes to competent video games in general. Still nothing compared to Ninja Gaiden 3, Battletoads, Contra, Castlevania 3, ect.
I've honestly found Contra and Castlevania 3 to be far more lenient on Halo 2 on legendary. You can at least get really skilled at dodging in Contra, and Castlevania 3 additional characters make it a fair bit easy. Halo 2 is either a ******* slog are a pure memorization game where you have to understand the placement of everything.

And Ninja Gaiden 3 and Battletoads aren't really what i like to call "fun" hard, especially battletoads which in some areas is completely broken. At least in the original game.

So i don't if its "fair" to compare difficulty wise.

Back