• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion II: The Sequel

You'd be surprised. Arthur, The Loud House and MLP are all mostly episodic shows with a occasional arcs and yet they all manage to have actual, solid character development as the series went on, especially Arthur and MLP.

Also I agree with Ryu. I always preferred Jackie Chan over Bruce, but Bruce is a legend.

Kind of agree with Ryu. While I prefer Bruce as a person and role model, Jackie is personally better as an actor and stage fighting. Both of them are incredible people and legends at what they do tho.

Not an unpopular opinion in itself, but Shin Megami Tensei is Pokémon done right. And I like Pokémon.

Also, not really unpopular for most around here (Since they barely know the game), but Tibia is an excellent RPG that is ruined by botting and pay2win tendencies.

For potentially more unpopular opinions:

• Hating/loving series solely because of their power level is stupid. (Getting into them because of their powers/hearing about how crazy powerful they are is okay, and being one of the reasons to like/dislike is okay too)
  • Hating series solely because of fandom/VSdebating is incredibly stupid. (Loving is still a bit stupid but much less so)
  • Except in some cases, I heavily disagree in not using game mechanics as powers when said powers are referred to in-game. (Sans not taking a turn is an example)
  • I hate myself for thinking like that and I agree I am in the wrong, but I get the feeling that most animated TV shows are overrated.
  • Street Fight manga/animated series are mostly boring from a critical standpoint because they usually focus on fights, but said fights are mostly just repeated usage of special attacks with barely "normal" attacks, and when used, they tend to be treated as minor.
  • Most tabletop systems are overcomplicated. (But I admit that, once used to, most often allows for an incredible experience)
  • The more realistic a fight is, the better. (I am not talking about "no powers only real life stuff", but rather "logical application of powers and using actual and effective martial tactics")
  • Naruto went downhill (Not outright bad, but rather not as good) the moment it went into Shippuden. Boruto was a mistake in itself.
  • Nazo Unleashed does a better job than 95% of Sonic animated series at telling a story.
    • Super Mario Bros Z. even more so.
  • John Green's books are, in general, extremely overrated.
    • To be honest, I dislike Alaska and Margot, although Alaska is understandable.
  • As much as I love A Song of Ice and Fire (Which is a lot), Daenerys arc is honestly bad. (It started out good, went better and now is plain old bad)
  • I like Isekais and RPG-themed manga in general, but I admit 95% of them really don't know how to handle the mechanics. Sword Art Online is one of the few that actually know how to.

EliminatorVenom said:
Kind of agree with Ryu. While I prefer Bruce as a person and role model, Jackie is personally better as an actor and stage fighting. Both of them are incredible people and legends at what they do tho.
My thoughts exactly. I also personally think that Bruce would win in an actual fight.

-Michael Bay can make a good movie

-Nicholas Cage is a good actor (YES HE IS DAMN IT, THE BEES!!!)

-Iron Fist is not as terrible as people make it out to be

• Deredevil (Netflix) is boring
  • Almost every battle shounen is better than DBZ
  • I like when main villain has broken powers

Ryukama said:
My thoughts exactly. I also personally think that Bruce would win in an actual fight.
Fully agree with ya. Tbh, I doubt there are any human fighters that can defeat prime Bruce Lee. At least, not that I know of, and not unarmed.

I'm gonna bring the pain with this one.I have a feeling I may get flamed.

Halo 5 has THE BEST multiplayer in the series.

Tatsumaki from OPM is a good character.

Ben 10 Omniverse aint half bad.

PMMM is grotesquely overated.

Generator Rex is grotesquely underated.

Bleach is boring.

My Hero Academia>>>> One Punch Man.

Akame ga Kill! is actually fairly decent.

Master Chief>>> Doomguy.

Fairy Tail gets more hate then it deserves.

And most unpopular of all........

This is best Waifu.This is best Waifu

I do too. It makes them have a more dreadful presence and makes you wonder just how the heroes can take down someone so powerful. Like Chase Young for example. Near the end of the series, good ol' Chase practically had a new power for each episode, from complete control over weather to the ability see anywhere on Earth and control it at will.

Seventy96 said:
  • I like when main villain has broken powers
Yes, I like it too, however, I don't like when he's WAY too strong compared to the protagonis, because if it's the case, he will die only thanks to an asspull.

...but I don't like when main villain is defeated because plot. I like when the main villain was defeated because protagonist finds weak point of his enemy.

I like when everyone got broken powers, and they are forced to actually use them tactically to win.

Late-series Choujin Sensen is basically a hax-fest where only the most cunning guys survive, because everyone is so goddamn haxed.

EliminatorVenom said:
I like when everyone got broken powers, and they are forced to actually use them tactically to win.
I love that. Chaotic is like that too. Everyone, including random no-names have loads of versatile and weird hax (stuff like changing the entire battlefield, nullifying power nullifying attacks, making weapons malfunction), but they can only use those abilities a finite number of times per battle, so the fight scenes typically revolve around combatants having to sneak around open fields and strategically use the right powers at the right time.

Early series Naruto is tons of fun because of that too.

In my series, I thought of one instance where a character does something like that.

There's a villain who erases anyone she sees. Problem is, she's fighting a person who has mirror powers, so she can turn invisible, clone herself, and make herself look like someone else. So she uses her invisibility to stall, uses her pseudo-shapeshifting to make the villain not use her powers by looking like her, and her cloning to take her out from there.

• Naruto's chunin exams> HxH hunter exams
  • Indiana Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull was good
  • Kung Fu Panda trilogy rivals Pixar's greatest
  • Ultimate Spiderman for the Ps2 was the best spiderman game
  • Gen VI has the worst Pokemon designs
  • Jedi power battles was awesome

I like overpowered characters who never lose, because I enjoy predictability.

No fictional assassin exists that is cooler than the two reapers from Assassination Classroom, except maybe Claire Stanfield.

I don't like Halo for reasons I can't explain.

I think Rick Sanchez is a stupid character and that season 3 was awful.

Akame ga Kill is good

The most recent Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't that bad

I've got some more. Lots more.

Fortnite is hot garbage. PUBG is far superior.

There is a 5-B who is incredibly bland. Has only a shred of personality. Has barely any motivations. And is based off a joke that honestly got old awhile ago.

The Last Jedi was not that bad.

I've never understood why Metroid is so great.And dislike it for reasons I can't exactly explain.

I do not look forward to the inevitable Ben Tennyson vs Samus Aran rematch Nor the inevitable Ben vs Ainz Ooal Gown match. Since Teen Ben and those who scale to him are becoming 6-C. Both are a shitstorm waiting hto happen. Just look at the Ben T vs Ryuko or previous Samus threads. (Not really an opinion. But I just had to say it)

Master Chief is likely 8-C.

Alien X is At least 2-C.

Spacebattles is terrible with VS debates.

Akame is a vastly more interesting and badass character than Master Chief and every other Spartan in Halo. (Both characters are way more similar than one may realize)

Halo "fans" really need to shut the **** up about the new Halo, and get over themselves. Bungie is dead and will never return.

Speaking of..... Destiny is among the worst Sci-Fi verses out there.

Season 3 of Ben 10 Alien Force was ass.

People only watch Digimon to have something to rub in the faces of Pokemon fans in terms of strength.

Furthermore, verses with artificial or shoehorned hax like Puella, the above, Masada, are generally bad in comparison to the natural hax of Warhammer, Cthulhu, Pokemon, SCP, and Chrono. Heck, even DB's hax, little as it is, felt naturally introduced.

Unpopular opinions, you say? Alright then...

Dragon Ball should have ended after Namek.

Final Fantasy is really boring, and so is Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.

Gen IV of Pokemon was the worst generation.

Chaotic Evil villains are overrated.

(somewhat contradictory to one of my other opinions) I think the Shadow Dragon Saga was the best possible way to end Dragon Ball.

The game that deserves a HD remake the most is LSD: Dream Emulator.

Pineapple is one of the best pizza toppings.

Back