• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion II: The Sequel

@Shadow

You seem to be forgetting the other iterations and aspects of Batman

Like how Batman is so paranoid that he develops weapons designed to permanently incapacitate and potentially kill his best friends.

Or how Batman has refused to emotionally mature past a child and is dependent on Alfred and others for functioning as a human being in everyday society.

Or that he's so fixated on his crusade that he can't make time to attend his son's thirteenth birthday and becomes a lonely, embittered old man by the time of Batman Beyond due to pushing away everyone close to him.

I'm obviously not denying that Batman can be an extremely well written character. I just don't like this idea that he's relatable and a human just like you or me when he's blatantly superhuman and impossibly excels in pretty much every skill he tries.

@Ryukama

Oh yeah, he's definitely not relatable and is certainly an escapist character, but he's so ridiculously flawed that it's impossible to think of him as a Sue. I just hate it when people throw around the Sue and Stu terms haphazardly.

For me, Batman can vary between interesting and badass to insuffrable asshole depeding on the writer

Itachi is my least favorite member of the akatsuki

I really don't like when one of my favorite verse get upgraded

SunGodAttun said:
I really don't like when one of my favorite verse get upgraded
Part of me misses the days when only a few Digimon were 3-A and 2-A was reserved for the cream of the crop.

Newendigo said:
I honestly feel that Clark is much more human than Bruce.
Bruce actually admits this in the new Justice League movie and somewhere in the DCAU (can't remember which episode though).

Part of me misses the days when only a few Digimon were 3-A and 2-A was reserved for the cream of the crop.

I miss 4-B Digimon. We don't have as many matchups because 4-B Digimon are no more.

Reppuzan said:
I could debate that with you for hours, but the most prominent example of Batman not being a Sueish character is Dark Nights Metal, where he goes against the advice of everyone from Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and the Olympian Gods and takes the advice of Joker to research something he really shouldn't be researching.

One of the many things I like from Metal, is the fact Bruce is almost non-existent in the first issues, even thoug the event is about dark versions of himself invading earth.

Is like: Did you expected BATMAN? Well, f*ck him, we BFR'd Bruce!

I ******* hate Ewoks.

I have no problems with Gungans and do in fact like them (minus Jar Jar of course). I think they're actually interesting.

@Blue

I actually don't mind Jar Jar that much. Yes, he's a dunce and a nuisance, but he can be legitimately funny and entertaining (but this was most prominent in Star Wars: The Clone Wars).

Reppuzan said:
I actually don't mind Jar Jar that much. Yes, he's a dunce and a nuisance, but he can be legitimately funny and entertaining (but this was most prominent in Star Wars: The Clone Wars).
I don't like him but I don't have the hate for him that others do. And I agree on him in TCW.

You and me both

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
Don't worry. You aren't alone on that TLA>>>>LOK IMO.
My best friend, who loves Korra to death admits she believes TLA is a waaay better show.

I never watched Korra, but it just doesn't look as interesting as TLA to me.

Darkanine said:
I never watched Korra, but it just doesn't look as interesting as TLA to me.
Not as good as TLA but still a good show. ***** on almost everything else out these days (be it Western cartoon or Japanese anime).

I don't like the character Han Solo. I like how some authors handle him (like Chuck Wendig and Greg Rucka). But I don't like the character.

Back