• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion II: The Sequel

The strength/hax of a character is 130% irrelevant and what matters is personality, background and development.

Hax fights are actually really cool as long as they don't devolve in "X via y power".

RRTheEndMan said:
OK you 90% never ate a real pizza lol

What pizza would qualify for a real pizza, then? Apparently not Meat Lover's, Cesare, Hawaii, Napoli, or Al Pacino, 'cause those are the ones I usually pick.

Kaltias said:
The strength/hax of a character is 130% irrelevant and what matters is personality, background and development.

Hax fights are actually really cool as long as they don't devolve in "X via y power".
To piggyback off of that, Fresh Prince of Bel Air is a better piece of fiction than pretty much all the primarily tier 1 verses.

By hax fights, you mean on here, or within works of fiction?

The real cal howard said:
To piggyback off of that, Fresh Prince of Bel Air is a better piece of fiction than pretty much all the primarily tier 1 verses.

I know this is your opinion, but how many primary Tier 1 verses have you read?

Both. Hax fights are cool because you have to think about how powers interact with each other (the writer needs to do it if within a work of fiction, the debater needs to do it in vs debating).

Of course haxless fights are cool too.

@Versus

"Speaking of..... Destiny is among the worst Sci-Fi verses out there. "

I feel like at some point people are forgetting about upopular opinions, lol.

Paladins > Overwatch and TF2

And honestly, I absolutely hate the Dota 2 community. It is so try hard and so toxic, I find it a modern example of a literal cult.

Narnia and His Dark Materials are both really bad...

The Everlasting said:
@Versus
"Speaking of..... Destiny is among the worst Sci-Fi verses out there. "

I feel like at some point people are forgetting about upopular opinions, lol.
Prehaps its a popular opinion on here. But the people around me.... praise that garbage to high heaven.

Nico-v11 said:
I know many people who hate that game so I'm really not sure if it's unpopular
I feel like some of it is exaggerated. Destiny was completely average in my opinion. I played it online with two friends, it was fun, but very samey. I was disappointed by the fact that it just didn't feel like an RPG at all. No real role-playing, I almost didn't use any skill points past the beginners dungeon, none of the equipment really felt like it made a difference, the only skill that ever really changed the way I played the game was the healing circle. It didn't do anything horrible, and it was enjoyable enough, it just didn't do anything that impressed me.

Well, here are some stuff that I forget in my first comment.

• Vampires in fiction are reallly overused, in pretty a lot of genres; Action, comedy, romance, horror, drama ect, they are not even the shadow of what they were in the past.
  • People really tends a lot to overthink stuff in franchise, trying to looking for "meanings" that are not there, while a series sometimes have a deep lore and/or life lessons that can't be seen in the first sight, there are moments where viewers tries to dig deep in things that are not there, series that are no more than what they are (There is a episode of South Park where was given a good example).
  • Nostalgia is the double-edge sword in fiction; sometimes it gives the chance to bring something back in an spectacular way, where you can enjoy something from the past while attracting new followers. But sometimes it destroys something that you grow with, making the new persons despise it with a passion, and eventually bury it in a sealed grave with no hope/desire of bring it back.

Star Trek has so many issues.......

From the utterly absurd levels of plot devices, plot induced stupidity, character induced stupidity...... The show is about as inconsitent as Spongebob at times. One episode, you have the Enterprise getting destroyed by 8-C attacks. The next, it's dishing out 5-A firepower like there's no tomorow. The show can never decide where it wants to be, or how powerfull the ships/tech should be. Or how competent the characters should be.

It is all so dependent on plot and messed up, its unbeleiveable.

In my opinion, Star Trek was never good. Not even the classic series.

Am I the only one who thinks Batman (DCAU) in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited (in these two shows specifically) is a bit of a Gary Stu?

Seventy96 said:
Dark Knight's Joker is not a realistic psychopath.
Mark Hamill's Joker pisses on all the others. Just look at him in Mask of the Phantasm and Return of the Joker. Outstanding.

Yobobojojo said:
FNAF didn't overstay it's welcome
While I think it did a bit, I mostly agree with you. Pizzeria Simulator was a bit of a stretch but it wrapped up lore nicely and gave a nice, tidy little end to the series, so I'm satisfied.

"Batman's relatable!" is a copout fanboys use to comfort themselves over the fact that Superman would demolish him in a legitamate fight. Batman isn't at all relatable. While he may not be nearly as powerful as Superman, he's also superhuman and perfect at everything in a way no real person could ever hope to come close to achieving. However Superman's an alien god so him being that way is more understandable than Batman.

@Shadow

I could debate that with you for hours, but the most prominent example of Batman not being a Sueish character is Dark Nights Metal, where he goes against the advice of everyone from Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and the Olympian Gods and takes the advice of Joker to research something he really shouldn't be researching.

Back