• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion II: The Sequel

-Fairy Tail is a fun series to watch.

-Lightning is a good Final Fantasy Character.

-Avatar: The Last Airbender is boring as shit.

-Digimon>>>.Pokemon in every way. (Not trolling, I am 100% serious here)

-Dragon Ball Super is more fun to watch and easier to enjoy than DBZ.

-DBZA>>>>>>All other Dragon Ball media.

-Gen l, ll and lV of Pokemon are overrated and pretty dull to me.

@Starry

Trust me, I meme IGN(orant) as much as the next guy, I was just saying, lol.

@DMB

Implying there's remotely any competition to be a better character than Jiren.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
-Fairy Tail is a fun series to watch.

-Dragon Ball Super is more fun to watch and easier to enjoy than DBZ.
I hope that's because it's so horrid the irony of it all makes it funny.

Well... Weekly Filler is easier to digest than Binge filler, I suppose. I've noticed that as I've been watching.

Dust Collector said:
The Cell Saga is one of the worst parts of Dragon Ball

Oblivion is better than Morrowind
Cell Saga > Buu Saga And at least you didn say Skyrim was better then morrowind, then we would need to talk lol.

DMUA said:
I hope that's because it's so horrid the irony of it all makes it funny.

Well... Weekly Filler is easier to digest than Binge filler, I suppose. I've noticed that as I've been watching.
No, I simply just like Fairy Tail.

It isn't that either. I just like DBS more than DBZ.

-Digimon>>>.Pokemon in every way. (Not trolling, I am 100% serious here)

But not in sales, amirite boys!

• Puts on glasses as the "yeah!" stock sound effect plays.
In all seriousness, everyone has their opinions. Yours just happens to be right.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
-Gen l, ll and lV of Pokemon are overrated and pretty dull to me.
To be fair unless you're a genwunner or like glitches Gen I is really just trash.

@Dragon.

I was just playing, but I agree that Kanto was boring. Johto on the other hand I think has a lot of charm. Its architecture and culture feels a lot more defined then Hoenn and Sinnoh. Plus, the season ascioated with Johto was always my favorite growing up, if just for the theme song.It's a Whole New World~

Darkanine said:
@Dragon.
I was just playing, but I agree that Kanto was boring. Johto on the other hand I think has a lot of charm. Its architecture and culture feels a lot more defined then Hoenn and Sinnoh. Plus, the season ascioated with Johto was always my favorite growing up, if just for the theme song.It's a Whole New World~
Only place I really liked in Johto was Ecruteak City honestly. But, hey that's just me.

Yeah, Ecruteak City is what I always picture when I think of Johto. Warm colors, beautiful architecture and a distinct and unique cultural vibe. The reason why I love Johto so much is it does what Pokemon games (until recently) failed to do, actually give unique identity to regions outside of geographical differences. I've played so much R/S/E, but I can barely remember what Hoenn was like outside of tropical jungles and maritime areas.

Though I agree with Dragon, that was getting too heated. I removed anything calling anyone else's opinions bad or the like.

Johto is easily the most Japanese Pokémon game, even though the first four take place there. Also, I love the soundtrack for Johto (Pokémon has better music than Digimon, @Dragon ovo)

Pokemon has better regular vocal-less themes.

Digimon has better vocal themes.

Although the Royal Knight, SGDL and both CS Final Boss themes are amazing.

The real cal howard said:
(Pokémon has better music than Digimon, @Dragon ovo)
Anime, games or both?

Anime wise, I think they're about equal. I think Pokemon has more good songs, but that's just because theirs more content. Game wise, I barely remember most of the tracks in either.

That's odd the Pokémon games have a ton of great tracks especially the battle themes. Must be different tastes I guess

Kanto is definitely overrated, any location in that region with a minimally interesting concept has been "implemented" later in other regions but in a better way.

For some reason, I never cared for Pokemon games soundtracks. They just never stood out to me. The only two I really remember is Ghetis's theme in BW because memes and one theme in BW2 that I swear to God is the Powerpuff Girls theme.

Fire Red/Leaf Green > Red/Blue

Soul Silver/Heart Gold > Silver/GoldCrystal

Gen 4 (overall) is best pokemon generation

I hate how every anime these days is 13 or 26 episodes. I like OPM, AgK, Nisekoi, My Hero Academia, and Seven Deadly Sins but they really needed to be a reasonable length

@Zeed

"Being a smaller time investment and financial risk, it is much easier to determine if a show will be successful; or, if it isn't, to not take on as much of a loss."

This is basically the reason for that.

But look, in the 80s and 90s most animes were 52 episodes, sometimes 39 or infinite, with 26 being limited to lower-budget series and one-shots and 13 being essentially a joke.

Back