• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinion II: The Sequel

ZeedMillenniummon89 said:
I hate how every anime these days is 13 or 26 episodes. I like OPM, AgK, Nisekoi, My Hero Academia, and Seven Deadly Sins but they really needed to be a reasonable length
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I cannot agree more with this.

I kind miss the days when your average show got at least 3 seasons, nowadays you gotta pray it gets a second one.

Frankly, the fact that Fairy Tail was more than 26 episodes alone makes it astronomically better than any anime I've seen recently. I can't get invested enough in the characters, and I will inevitably forget them.

Darkanine said:
I kind miss the days when your average show got at least 3 seasons, nowadays you gotta pray it gets a second one.
I miss the days when Power Rangers wasn't ****** by the network to force such an awkward and dumb schedule.

I mean, what will we remember more? Ruroni Kenshin or Konosuba? Evangelion or No Game No Life? I'll never really be a fan of the 12 episode thing. I can tolerate 24-26 though (if only because of Cowboy Bebop)

• i both like and hate digimon at the same time
  • Prequel trilogy has far better music than any other star wars movie/trilogy
  • I love the prequels despite their flaws
  • Legacy of Goku is an underrated series of games
  • I dont like anything in the Teken franchise post 5

I'm being completely honest here, I don't think a show can live up to its true potential with having less than 30 episodes. I like OPM and Konosuba and AoT, but it pales in comparison to any of the HST, Ruroni Kenshin, Trigun, or even Fairy Tail, simply because they're so short.

"Prequel trilogy has far better music than any other star wars movie/trilogy"

Since when is this an unpopular opinion? Lol.

The real cal howard said:
I'm being completely honest here, I don't think a show can live up to its true potential with having less than 30 episodes. I like OPM and Konosuba and AoT, but it pales in comparison to any of the HST, Ruroni Kenshin, Trigun, or even Fairy Tail, simply because they're so short.
The only one I've even heard of in this group is FT.

I get what Cal's getting and I mostly agree. With long-form storytelling, you really get to explore a ton of characters and tell a ton of great storylines. A 36 episode long series can be just as good, but it doesn't get to be as large and grand as something like Naruto or even InuYasha, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

• I think 80 percent of the hate towards HST comes from them just being simply popular, of course, there are people who have valid reasons to dislike the HST but I do think that they are in the minority
  • HST is still a great deal above your average Harem/light novel in quality

I like Mirai Nikki. I forgot about that one. And yeah, that did much better as a 26 episode series. It got its story finished.

I don't think quantity over quality is always true for anime. Goku's developed as a character less in over 400 episodes than many others have in that 12-26 mark.

The Everlasting said:
I miss the days when Power Rangers wasn't ****** by the network to force such an awkward and dumb schedule.
What the **** is even happening with Ninja Steel? Only 8 episodes are on Netflix, that's not even the first half of Season 1.

Power Rangers has to:

1. Have each Sentai be adapted into two seasons, even if virtually nothing changes between the two and hell, even if the main plot isn't resolved in any way, or hybridize two Sentai into one story.

2. Make those two seasons stretch over two years.

3. Only have 20 episodes per season, not counting Halloween and Christmas episodes.

4. Hiatus the **** out of themselves to follow the two above requirements.

• Bleach had the best character designs out of The HST
  • Kakashi is undoubtly one of the coolest anime characters
  • White ranger is da best ranger
  • Transformers....is meh
  • Rukia should of been the main character for Bleach
  • Yugi oh should have never become about the cards
  • Haganai is good anime. easily a 7

Nick just hiatus's the shit out of stuff in general. TMNT 2012 got it rough and Harvey Beaks was hit with it so bad most people forgot it was even a thing.

According to Dr. Shitballs (also known as C. H. Greenblatt, the creator of Chowder and Harvey Beaks), Nick has this thing where they compare a shows ratings to Spongebob and if its not immediately comparable to Spongebob then it gets super low priority, which usually leads to it getting canceled after a season.

Reminds me, is Welcome to the Wayne still a thing?

Darkanine said:
According to Dr. Shitballs (also known as C. H. Greenblatt, the creator of Chowder and Harvey Beaks), Nick has this thing where they compare a shows ratings to Spongebob and if its not immediately comparable to Spongebob then it gets super low priority, which usually leads to it getting canceled after a season.
Spongebob is one of the most iconic cartoon characters of all time. I can get giving the show higher priority than anything else but cancelling a new show if it's not as popular as, again, the one of the most iconic cartoons of all time is ridiculous.

Starryknight200 said:
What is Loud House? I've not watched Nick in ages
Comedy slice of life series about a boy with 10 sisters. It's modeled after classic comic strips like The Peanuts and is overall a really good series with a huge cast of fleshed out and enjoyable characters.

Here are mine:

• Magolor as an outlier for Kirby is completely fine.

• There needs to be a Duckvarse/Ducktales verse page.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Here are mine:

• There needs to be a Duckvarse/Ducktales verse page.
Yeah, we should make a Duckverse/Mouseverse page here. It more then deserves its own verse page.

I can work on it tomorrow.

I'd love to make the Duckverse page. Making a page involving Ducktales, The comics, and Darkwing Duck has been my main goal on the wiki for a pretty long time honestly.

Back