• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

Essence similar to info 2? That's so silly. If anything it'd be similar to Concept type 1...
Functionally, it sounds like it would be type 2 info for people as opposed to reality

Edit:

The current information manipulation page lists the 2 types as written,

1. Knowledge: These characters can manipulate information as the medium of knowledge as opposed to just manipulating what a specific person knows, which would be considered Mind Manipulation. Characters with this ability can, for example, destroy information on a subject and by that make it inherently unknowable. Other examples of uses would be to prevent information from leaving an area, making it so that those outside can't gain knowledge of what is happening inside, or altering information to change what people know about the subject into something else.
  2. Fundamental: These characters can manipulate information, which serves as fundamental building block of reality. This can allow characters to rewrite the world to their whims, often by programming it much like they would a virtual reality. These manipulation can come on many levels. For some it might just be the mechanism behind mundane magical abilities, while others can rewrite information to change reality, causality or the laws of nature.
What if we introduce a third type for metaphysical aspects ("Metaphysical" or some other name), if I came up with some criteria would any staff sponsor a thread being made for it to be discussed or would I be wasting my time?

Last edited:
Essence is just an all-catching term for many, a very broad term in and of itself, it could be concept, could be information, could be thing like soul or law, etc.....like how Abstraction is, reminded me that QuasiYuri back then want to make an Abstract Manipulation page

What if we introduce a third type for metaphysical aspects ("Metaphysical" or some other name), if I came up with some criteria would any staff sponsor a thread being made for it to be discussed or would I be wasting my time?
I would prefer it be its own page. Considering how Sailor Moon lost the ability because there isn't a scan that called it information exactly. This would work best as a catchall.

I would prefer it be its own page. Considering how Sailor Moon lost the ability because there isn't a scan that called it information exactly. This would work best as a catchall.
That problem would persist regardless of the name of the page.

Functionally, what’s being advocated for is the same as information manipulation so it should be a new IM type if anything.

Idk why you hinged on it as something being the same as information or anything thing deep, multiple abilities can achieve similar result, just because there are one destination doesn't mean it started from the same starting point, so nothing you mentioned is the same as information or concept, etc....

Idk why you hinged on it as something being the same as information or anything thing deep, multiple abilities can achieve similar result, just because there are one destination doesn't mean it started from the same starting point, so nothing you mentioned is the same as information or concept, etc....
Fundamental aspects at their core are more often then not a form of information. You don’t have to “dig deep” to come to that conclusion.

Fundamental aspects at their core are more often then not a form of information. You don’t have to “dig deep” to come to that conclusion.
And?? Why it must be information and not something else simply such as soul, mind, or the more realistics thing such as space-time or atoms, matters??, why it must be hardwired that it should be information??, sematically i can call many thing fundamental, you literally dig deep to make thing more complicated than it should be

And?? Why it must be information and not something else simply such as soul, mind, or the more realistics thing such as space-time or atoms, matters??, why it must be hardwired that it should be information??, sematically i can call many thing fundamental, you literally dig deep to make thing more complicated than it should be
Why would fundamental aspects that aren’t souls, minds, space times or atoms be souls, minds, spacetime or atoms?

No offence, I think you’ve just missed the point. I’m not talking about aspects that already fit into those categories but are a deeper level of abstraction. I thought that was clear, my apologies for being confusing.

Why would fundamental aspects that aren’t souls, minds, space times or atoms be souls, minds, spacetime or atoms?

No offence, I think you’ve just missed the point. I’m not talking about aspects that already fit into those categories but are a deeper level of abstraction. I thought that was clear, my apologies for being confusing.
Concept is also deeper abstract, and it isn't information, arguable Law also a deeper abstract, still isn't information. Plot/Narration too. Abstract is an all-catching term for thing that is abstract, doesn't make everything conceptual despite concept being abstract. Idk why we must hardwire something that is deeper level of abstraction must be either conceptual or informational.

Concept is also deeper abstract, and it isn't information, arguable Law also a deeper abstract, still isn't information. Plot/Narration too. Abstract is an all-catching term for thing that is abstract, doesn't make everything conceptual despite concept being abstract. Idk why we must hardwire something that is deeper level of abstraction must be either conceptual or informational.
And if those deeper levels were concepts, laws, plots or narratives, they'd qualify for those abilities, but for the second time, I'm not talking about scenarios where we can already assign a category to such aspects.

I'm not "hard wiring" all abstractions be information. Everything in essence is information, it's just a matter of whether or not it fits the wiki's definition.

"Information manipulation" naturally lends itself to be the correct ability to categorize currently uncategorizable abstractions as a metaphysical information type with proper criteria would more than likely catch the verses that have those abstractions that don't currently fit within the wiki's current abilities.

We already have an information type for the fundamental building blocks of reality. We have an information type for physical data types. It is only natural if we're going to create a page or invent an ability for deeper abstractions beyond the soul or whatever, that it falls under a metaphysical information type so long as it behaves similarly to physical information types - which most of them do.

Back