• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

I think you'd find it difficult to argue more arms doesn't make for a more effective body in combat with all other factors equal. It's not a perfect fit but like, close enough imo
I mean...it usually does? or is portrayed that way in fiction. Its also usually not characters of the humans that naturally have their extra arms and usually grow them.

If characters can control and maintain their balance with extra limbs, then thats literally an extra pair of fists the opponent has to look out for and wouldnt be able to naturally block with their outnumbered set.

Yeah, I feel Resilience is a far better term for general resilience than pain tolerance, and then giving tons of characters Pain manipulation?

Every RoR character would get it tbh

I mean...it usually does? or is portrayed that way in fiction. Its also usually not characters of the humans that naturally have their extra arms and usually grow them.

If characters can control and maintain their balance with extra limbs, then thats literally an extra pair of fists the opponent has to look out for and wouldnt be able to naturally block with their outnumbered set.
Yeah that's what I'm saying lol

Is there any ability that allows the user to spesifically reconstruct a broken object without an indication of time manipulation or any other ability?

I don't have a strong opinion though there seems to be an overlap with other abilities which I could see as something that would make others opposed to it.
I see, I just make it because I've seen many characters performance that fits the description, but not necessarily another ability that overlaps with it.

Anyone else wants to evaluate this new ability?
Interesting... Although I feel as though matter covers the first one. It's part of its capabilities. Second can be covered by stuff like energy and stuff. Third one... Also information tbh.

depending on some other context, this could also be covered by causality manip

Besides questionable grammar issues, this ability overlaps with Construction (for the proposed type 1), is better covered by other power pages depending context (proposed type 2), and Regeneration (proposed type 3).

Interesting... Although I feel as though matter covers the first one. It's part of its capabilities. Second can be covered by stuff like energy and stuff. Third one... Also information tbh.

depending on some other context, this could also be covered by causality manip
Something to add on:

Some "regional" time reversal can restore an object to its state before it is damaged.

Ah, good point.

On that note, "healing" and sometimes Regen to a degree also covers some of them.

TBH they should just be possible uses given no one uses those as types like say, Regeneration, indexing-wise.

Do we have an ability for speaking to the dead?
It could really be anything based on the context to be honest. It could be non physical interaction (if the "dead" is in a form of a soul), or even Ectoplasm Manipulation, it really could be anything related to that.

Is there an ability to be Bulletproof other than Invulnerability (likely is a form of it anyways) that makes the character automatically resistant to bullets?

So, the answer to this is no, but abilities exist for all possible types?
I’m still a little confused about this one, I don’t see any abilities for being able to make contact with the afterlife and/or it’s inhabitants, which is a VERY common ability

I’m still a little confused about this one, I don’t see any abilities for being able to make contact with the afterlife and/or it’s inhabitants, which is a VERY common ability
IMO if you summon a ghost / apparition / dead person to yourself to talk to them it's necromancy. If you talk to them from a distance it's (specific) telepathy.
Is there an ability to be Bulletproof other than Invulnerability (likely is a form of it anyways) that makes the character automatically resistant to bullets?
Being bulletproof is just a form of Superhuman Physical Characteristics. It's nothing but durability, essentially.

Being bulletproof is just a form of Superhuman Physical Characteristics. It's nothing but durability, essentially.
Then again, the piercing damage of the bullet ignores that due to their properties

Strictly speaking they don't, they're just more efficient on their kinetic output out of a lower area, as much as how a punch can have more energy than a knife yet not pierce stuff out of the significantly higher area absorbing it.
Even if they're treated as such in fiction very often, but we don't rate stuff based on tropes.

Then again, the piercing damage of the bullet ignores that due to their properties
Bullets aren't Durability Negation though fiction does have a tendency of sometimes acting as if that is the case. It's technically still possible for a character to tank them through nothing but sheer durability.

Are we talking about cases where a character is explicitly more resistant against bullets than they should be or have a special ability with that exact effect?

Bullets aren't Durability Negation though fiction does have a tendency of sometimes acting as if that is the case. It's technically still possible for a character to tank them through nothing but sheer durability.
That isn't my point at all, what I mean is that regular bullets can still threaten most human characters that are 9-B (In fact, you'd be surprised by the amount of bullet reacting feats from them or even has to aimdodge them), not to mention it can even kill wild animals that are 9-B due to the effects of piercing damage they have.
Are we talking about cases where a character is explicitly more resistant against bullets than they should be or have a special ability with that exact effect?
Pretty much.

That isn't my point at all, what I mean is that regular bullets can still threaten most human characters that are 9-B, not to mention it can even kill wild animals that are 9-B due to the effects of piercing damage they have.

Pretty much.
You kind of worded it like that since you stated that the piercing damage of the bullet ignores Superhuman Physical Characteristics/durability though I think I can understand what you mean.

I guess it would be worded as a Resistance against bullets which in turn might be linked to Weapon Mastery and if the bullets are stronger than what the character is usually capable of tanking or they take less damage from them than they would from other kinds of attacks, then they might get a higher or even a separate rating for that in their Durability section. It isn't exactly an outright ideal way to handle this but it sounds like what could happen if this were categorized using the currently available classifications. I don't think that we have an ability specifically for what you are describing here.

In general, talking and/or seeing spirits is ESP as tend to not be perceptible by the natural senses (unless they make themselves perceptible or you met them in their respective plane). That is, however, when meeting with wandering spirits; contacting spirits from other planes is akin to Magic and Summoning.

Back