• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread Infinite

I came up (finally, apologies for the wait) with a draft for the Exclusive/Chosen Weaponry/Item/Equipment page, opinions?

Fact-checking the Users section would also be appreciated, I don't know Xenoblade too well

Aside from me not wanting that ability to exist in the first place.

Most of the page is good, but neither of the images/quotes really get the ability across imo.

But sadly, none of my verses involve that ability, so I can't give any suggestions.

Looks good to me. Tho two things;
)'s hammer Mjolnir can
You can either remove hammer or add a comma after it 🗿

Also question, would this apply to armors like X-O Manowar armor? They are essentially weapons who bond to one host and don't try to leave them. They also choose their own hosts, so not anyone can wear it except for those with powerful technopathy to overwrite it's commands a bit.

Also question, would this apply to armors like X-O Manowar armor? They are essentially weapons who bond to one host and don't try to leave them. They also choose their own hosts, so not anyone can wear it except for those with powerful technopathy to overwrite it's commands a bit.
To my understanding of XO yes
Most of the page is good, but neither of the images/quotes really get the ability across imo.
I'm not sure if I've got anything better, but the second one has the character spell out that the weapon would kill him if he's not worthy

I'm not sure if I've got anything better, but the second one has the character spell out that the weapon would kill him if he's not worthy
My concern with that is that it's killing him anyway. "You need to be very durable to wield this" isn't a great demonstration, from what I understand of the ability.

My concern with that is that it's killing him anyway. "You need to be very durable to wield this" isn't a great demonstration, from what I understand of the ability.
I mean it's not inflicting damage via AP, just draining life force or whatever. "You need to withstand this test to wield me" definitely fits the criteria.

I came up (finally, apologies for the wait) with a draft for the Exclusive/Chosen Weaponry/Item/Equipment page, opinions?

Fact-checking the Users section would also be appreciated, I don't know Xenoblade too well
Wouldn’t the Elder Wand from Harry Potter be a prime example of limited Exclusive Weaponry? It’s been a while since my last re-read of the books but isn’t Voldemort not being the rightful owner of the wand when he uses it in the final battle the only reason he loses, as it doesn’t grant him the full strength of the wand?

I'm not sure if the Monado is a good example when it's literally picking based on the will of Zanza, meaning that it's just picking its user based on its own will (kind of), which currently is used as criteria for something that wouldn't fit this power, or otherwise the criteria should be reworked to avoid misconceptions, as currently the description on that regard seems somewhat contradictory.

"incarnations" would also be a better term than "adaptations" for Thor as I'm sure most versions of the thing aren't meant to be accurate and just borrow the character and stuff, alternatively remove that part as it's meant to cover regarding the Marvel one anyways.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t the Elder Wand from Harry Potter be a prime example of limited Exclusive Weaponry? It’s been a while since my last re-read of the books but isn’t Voldemort not being the rightful owner of the wand when he uses it in the final battle the only reason he loses, as it doesn’t grant him the full strength of the wand?
Could be yeah, I like the idea of having partial examples.
I'm not sure if the Monado is a good example when it's literally picking based on the will of Zanza, meaning that it's just picking its user based on its own will (kind of), which currently is used as criteria for something that wouldn't fit this power, or otherwise the criteria should be explained further to avoid misconceptions.
Well if it's someone else's will it'd be fine but I don't know Xenoblade past the first few hours so I should probably remove that, I just wanted an example of one that kills the user slowly rather than forbidding usage outright.
"incarnations" would also be a better term than "adaptations" for Thor as I'm sure most versions of the thing aren't meant to be accurate and just borrow the character and stuff, alternatively remove that part as it's meant to cover regarding the Marvel one anyways.
Adaptations is what I meant though, and the main workings of Mjolnir stay in most notable ones so I think it's fine.
An example would be the Devil Sword Sparda, which has several requirements and self-awareness that decide whether or not you can use it.
Maybe but I wouldn't know how to word that tbh

We could use the Force Edge version of Sparda, since it turns people into weird blobs if they try to use it.

Eh, that's just covered by stuff like Attack Potency, Speed, Durability and Lifting Strength.
Anything else can be covered in the... feats and intelligence sections.

Plus it'd be rather unecessary and complicated to apply to all the 10-A pages on the site.

In general, our main stats do not cover stuff like swimming, jumping and throwing; although swimming is kind of movement speed in a medium, jumping used to be related to Acrobatics (but not anymore), and I believe people use (or used to, not sure if still acceptable) calculate throwing feats as LS.

Back then i did suggest a marksmanship page since i think the skill to aim is warrant enough to get a page, but somehow people just want to link it to weapon mastery while weapon have nothing to do with aiming skill

Back then i did suggest a marksmanship page since i think the skill to aim is warrant enough to get a page, but somehow people just want to link it to weapon mastery while weapon have nothing to do with aiming skill
Weapons have a lot to do with aiming. You can't really be a master of a bow or a gun if you have terrible aim.

Weapons have a lot to do with aiming. You can't really be a master of a bow or a gun if you have terrible aim.
but aiming is an independent skill, not tied to weapon, you can be terrible with bow or gun if your aiming skill is bad, but your aiming skill can't be bad even if you terrible with bow or gun, especially in fiction where multiple aiming skill do not always involve gun or bow or similar type weapon
Also, weapon handling involve a lot of thing, not just aiming

Yeah, weapon mastery involves a lot of things, but we don't have to separate each of those things out to different pages.

I think Arceus Plates qualifies
1. The rightful bearer of the plates draws from its power
2. It cannot be influenced by any power in the series
3. Pokémon can use it because of this connection, sure, but it only gives them a 20% boost in the type of power of the plate they wield,
4. It is the Infinity Stones of the multiverse, and only Arceus can use it as such

Would the weapon having consciousness on its own qualify for exclusive weaponry because they wouldn't want other people using them except their owners?

Well, as much as i appreciate the hardwork, i think the description is pretty meh because:
  1. The first one of Possible Uses is literally Conceptual Manipulation, as you manipulating abstraction such as emotion, will, etc......,
  2. the second is............................just some form of either Empowerment for weapon or stats amp, blessed or whatever it is
  3. the third one is......................well kinda redundant which can be covered with other abilities
  4. the last one is literally just a busted Avatar Creation

Anyway. How do I index a character who can shift their own existence.

I was thinking to work on something like Existence Manipulation. Where they can choose to appear as an abstract, Nonexistent being, spirit, etc.

And they can phase in and out of the states, becoming undetectable and uninteractable in them

Anyway. How do I index a character who can shift their own existence.

I was thinking to work on something like Existence Manipulation. Where they can choose to appear as an abstract, Nonexistent being, spirit, etc.

And they can phase in and out of the states, becoming undetectable and uninteractable in them
I think Transformation can cover

1. The first one of Possible Uses is literally Conceptual Manipulation, as you manipulating abstraction such as emotion, will, etc......
Appears as a pure emotions can be consider to be abstract existence? And if it got manipulate they can get conceptual manipulation?

Should we have a page for “Weakness Amplification”? (Being able to increase the potency of a weakness, expand weak points, etc.)

I feel like I saw that somewhere in Young Justice, and I’d be surprised if an RPG somewhere (Probably Pokémon) didn’t have a move/ability with that kind of property

Should we have a page for “Weakness Amplification”? (Being able to increase the potency of a weakness, expand weak points, etc.)

I feel like I saw that somewhere in Young Justice, and I’d be surprised if an RPG somewhere (Probably Pokémon) didn’t have a move/ability with that kind of property
Pokemon has the opposite where weaknesses matter less, off the top of my head

Yeah here Traci defeats Flaw by expanding his physical weak-point all over his body to such a level he just... blows up

Damage boost

Iirc I remember thar being a power on the wiki

Eh, I'm not really interested in working on site-wide stuff anymore, apologies. If you'd like to pick up where I left off, here's the sandbox

Back